Sign in to follow this  
Harper

E90 M3 colour numbers in NZ

Quietly hunting for an E90 M3 at the moment, curious how many there are that aren't silver, white or black. Additional side note, are there any in NZ with speed cloth interior? I don't think I've ever seen one.

There's a few for sale at the moment that interest me, notably the Melbourne red which I'm pretty sure is the only red 4dr in nz (although I'm not a huge red car guy either) and the interlagos one.

I'd consider either DCT or manual but probably prefer DCT. 

If you include space grey and silverstone in the ‘silver’ category I’d say very few! Interlagos is a great colour for the E90, there is a pre-LCI I see in Welly in that colour that looks great (although I think it now has a Matt black wrap on it 🤮)

Edited by balancerider

59 minutes ago, balancerider said:

If you include space grey and silverstone in the ‘silver’ category I’d say very few! Interlagos is a great colour for the E90, there is a pre-LCI I see in Welly in that colour that looks great (although I think it now has a Matt black wrap on it 🤮)

Probably would count those out, not cause they aren't nice colours, I actually love silver and like the look of Silverstone. But mainly since I already have my silver E46 M3 which is staying, would be nice to have something more colorful as well.

Probably a little too soon for me to buy just yet anyway otherwise I'd be seriously considering the interlagos one on trademe atm, just trying to get an idea of how many are floating around. 

5 hours ago, Harper said:

I'm pretty sure is the only red 4dr in nz

I've seen that car cruising around Albany a few times - looks great! 

7 hours ago, Harper said:

Quietly hunting for an E90 M3 at the moment, curious how many there are that aren't silver, white or black. 

There is some basic info on the NZTA web-site that gives broad colour breakdown of the cars registered in NZ (but only those that are set to public for the reg info).

Most of the colourful E9x M3s I see are the two door coupes, I think they were mostly limited edition versions. How set are you on the 4 doors?

There's another red one, pretty sure they might have even been for sale at the same time in 2020.

The Moonstone one on Comps that Pearce Brothers had for sale recently was stunning.

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

There is some basic info on the NZTA web-site that gives broad colour breakdown of the cars registered in NZ (but only those that are set to public for the reg info).

Most of the colourful E9x M3s I see are the two door coupes, I think they were mostly limited edition versions. How set are you on the 4 doors?

Pretty set on an E90, I way prefer the shape and look of the sedan to the coupe. Probably wouldn't even consider a coupe since the E46 kind of already fills that niche. I'm also in no rush to buy but if the right car came up I would snag it. 

• Like 2

Red one would be unique for sure, although I'm not sure about red on modern cars.

Interlagos is a great colour (and track!) and although its not a 'colour' as such Space Grey is a much darker tone than Titan Silver.