Sign in to follow this  
Blackie

M54B30 and ZF manual (E46)

2k for a quick sale is a pretty good deal! Collected an engine and trans for a darn sight more than that last year...

If you actually loved the car you would never let it get to that state, he's just one of those people who run cars into the ground and buy another one. 

$1 reserve then taking offers is more proof he's an idiot. 

• Like 1

If it was in the south island it would be in my drive already. I'd also be sleeping in it as the Mrs would kick me out but it'll be mine haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A steal at that kind of money , despite the condition. Tempted to go on a roadie actually.

I thinking around 4k. Basically a rolling manual conversion given everything else is probably very tired.

I ended up grabbing it. Everything is about what you'd expect for a minimally maintained BMW. Has oil leaks from the valve cover, gearbox is a bit funny to shift into, intake boot is duct taped up to seal a split. 

Will uncover more once the weather fines up. 

Plan to check the compression, and the gearbox it has, as the vin decoder returns it as an auto. However it does have working cruise control, so its likely been done correctly. 

• Like 1

I've found vin decoders unreliable when it comes to gearbox type, often see factory manuals claiming to be autos. Looking at the few photos, I dare say it is a factory manual. Usually, a dead giveaway is the lower right part of the cluster where the auto gear monitor usually resides, on this one it's blocked out as it is on manuals. On most conversions this is a minor detail that gets overlooked as it's purely cosmetic. Another quick giveaway would be any dodgy looking wiring going to the fuse/ECU box under the hood, or remnants of any blue plugs in the box from the EGS/transmission module.