Olaf

Blue Zoo - Olaf's LCI e46 325i Touring

Date: 22 Nov 2023

Distance: 208,921 kms

1. Rack boots & Oil Service

Replaced both rack boots with Febi kits (32131096910).  A shitty job made easier on a rack, somewhat easier when the Repco balljoint splitter is used.  Oil service (because why not, and largely short running since January) with a Mann Oil Filter (11427512300) and Penrite HPR 5 (5W-40 Synthetic).  My thanks to @Autoglym for working through the job with me.  Thanks also to Jon for the "More(y) Orange than Donald Trump super-sticky grease recommendation.  Brilliant stuff.

IMG_3843_1024.thumb.jpg.8aa11884dcba1b9342ef4646c79bc0ae.jpg

Fig 1:  A Nice Rack, yesterday

IMG_3844_1024.thumb.jpg.ef0003fbcaf839bd910f1d8c8b8f1d07.jpg

2. WoF re-check and WoF

Secured WoF for the next 12 months.  Now it needs a bloody good clean.  

Edited by Olaf
foty's
  • Like 4

Date30 Nov 2023

Distance: 208,yyy kms

1. Wheel Alignment

Got in for a wheel alignment, bonus where times are getting busy as Xmas creeps up on us.  A near zero-toe alignment (around -0.6 each wheel) front and rear, it’s a dream to drive.  Flows beautifully through the curves, easy to bring off-centre… suits my driving style.  Ahhhhh.

2. Photo in traffic cost $150

hmmmm.  On my way home from the alignment, more traffic disruption in Welly.  Stopped in the traffic buildup, I thought I’d document the scene, with our Police managing a difficult situation where what looked like a gang member had abandoned their car at a traffic light.  Summoned to the side of the road by the officers, I was ticketed $150 for “using a phone”.  To my mind I was using a camera - I put the car into park before using it.  Oh well lesson learned, avoid contributing to the consolidated fund - and Police quotas - at all costs.  Wearing my seatbelt, car warranted, registered, insured, well-maintained.  A discussion and a warning would have been more appropriate; we had a most cordial exchange nonetheless.

• Sad 1