Sign in to follow this  
Vass

The Official "What The Hell Happened There?" and "I Hope They Survived" Thread

For a while now I've been periodically flicking through damaged car auctions on the lookout for cheapish parts cars and potential projects, and once in a while you come across some cars that make you seriously quiver and leave you wondering how something like that even happens. There's been a few impressive ones out there so figured I'd start a bit of a collection of the best (worst?) ones as a bit of fun.

To start off, this little beauty that looks like it did a backflip into a concrete pole, repeatedly. The extent of damage is almost impressive, actually. Not even the worst one I've seen, but do hope no-one was in it when whatever it is that happened, happened.

2002-bmw-316ti-23349888_16236566.thumb.jpg.19612e0d5833afe440ea0ad22f2a6040.jpg

2002-bmw-316ti-23349888_16236565.thumb.jpg.b0f404d8547cc803ac1d13fb6b78b37b.jpg

• Sad 2

My guess is a tree or pole fell on it. There was one in raglan last year. Could be this one. I heard the driver had minor injuries but a passenger would have been killed if there had been one. 

Pretty standard mazda mpv in south auckland 😕 

Have seen the wreckage of a single car where there were multiple deaths a number of years ago. It was a ‘few’ days after the accident. It was in a storage facility and still had the obvious signs of the carnage to all occupants.

Putting something like this 'up for sale' to recover costs is beyond my comprehension, let alone buying something like this to scavenge parts off - no thank you. 

Every wreck has a story I suppose…

Edited by treone

33 minutes ago, treone said:

Have seen the wreckage of a single car where there were multiple deaths a number of years ago. It was a ‘few’ days after the accident. It was in a storage facility and still had the obvious signs of the carnage to all occupants. Buying something like this to scavenge parts off - no thank you. 
every wreck has a story I suppose…

I believe Turners doesnt deal in serious injury or fatal cars. Most of them go straight to the big shredder, although some of the stories my mate that used to work at a wreckers has told me about the bad ones.... ugh

• Like 1

Do they have to tell you anything about what happened to the occupants in this type of scenario? There’s no way I would ever buy a car which someone had died in, or been critically injured in for that matter. That would be some seriously bad juju, even if it was just to salvage some parts.

• Like 3

This guy tried to kill us a couple of years back. Narrowly missed him coming head on and then he hit a banked roundabout and flipped. Ran away, police dog found him. Another BA took power out to several properties here last week after falling off a corner and eating a power pole and another fell off the road on the same corner a month back. Falcon drivers :huh:

37706914_10156496230164085_8858713671153483776_o.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1