Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

91 Wellington Street race

49minutes of my Sunday morning gone, but totally worth it! 

Was there (for most of the day anyway)! How awesome was Godzilla and seeing Group N cars mixing it with Group A! Ah, the good ol' days... 😊

• Like 1

Those V12 jags a few years earlier sounded awesome. That and the ACS group A e30 M3s 

My dad still reminisces about driving the Porsche race cars from Auckland down to Wellington on dealer plates for the wellington street race. The convoy of fully caged racecars with race tyres on public roads was probably more fun than the actual racing. Doubtful you'd get away with it today. 

I'll forever be jealous of the cars he got to drive and race at that time. 

Edited by Harper

Slightly adjacent, but I love this video of Owen Evans collecting his 964 RSR off the ship at midnight in 1994. The salvors hammering away the wooden chocks from the slicks 😮 

John Sax's son was restoring his old mans group N E30 M3 that was involved in the Longhurst incident in 1990, wonder if he ever finished it.

well before my time. I only came to NZ much later than this but what a wonderful clip!