Twistee

Price of the remaining E61 M5's just went up.....

I can almost live with the orange / black / silver combo, but corduroy???!!!!!  Very torn on this, I like Chris Harris and his no nonsense approach but this is pushing it. This just makes me think of a giant orange corduroy bean bag from my childhood, not really something that I want in my M5.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a62567012/top-gear-chris-harris-put-corduroy-seats-in-his-bmw-m5-wagon/

image.thumb.png.f323e1876a98340e01dda00ab0528d9c.png 

image.thumb.png.b899416d045ac7450da13fec8e60af73.png

His point is that "you do you", buy an old car customise it the way you want. He could have done almost anything to prove that point though, it looks way more like an attempt to attract viral attention. Anyway, it clearly has brought out the haters and probably done exactly what he was after. If it was leather I could live with it.

Each to their own but it’s a yeah, nah from me on the choice of using corduroy!

Edited by treone

Looks out of place for sure but at least it he didnt go pink or something even sillier 

80s Commodore interior. sh*t then. sh*t now.

• Haha 3

I think it's absolutely foul particularly in conjunction with the exterior colour as they clash with each other. Objectively it's awful and I think Chris Harris' name / reputation has skewed people's judgement on it. If it was someone less respected they would be getting rinsed. 

Maybe the colour would work if the car was grey / black just as something wild to contrast the exterior. But regardless, corduroy is a stupid material to use. 

I'm sure Chris Harris wouldn't have trouble selling the car if he wanted to because his name is attached to it, but good luck to whoever buys it if they want to sell it on. 

Pure rage bait. He knows exactly what he's doing.

I don't hate it, but i'm not rushing out to get mine done!

• Haha 1

My mum has some trousers in the same fabric, but I can’t picture her in a M5. A Honda Jazz with that interior might sell well tho.