Sign in to follow this  
blk320i

how many km's have you got?

just wondering how many km's your e30's have on the clock and how they run, what you have had to replace, and what should be replaced at how many km's etc?

Mines got atleast 120000 (fuse box service sticker shows 120031 in July 2003) and it runs fine I think,other than the clutch which needed bleeding and some other bits that needed tightening but its sweet.Got a chain driven belt or whatever you call it so that don't need replacing I dont think.Just serviced apparently?

Mine was bought with 143,000km on the clock and full service history. Was still on the original clutch, had cambelt done at 72,000km. Over time, just 'perishables' such as exhaust, brakes etc were replaced... Good maintenance seems to be the key to longevity, Martyns (Formerly Naths) 316i had well over 200,000km on it last time I checked, and it ran and looked stunning for a 17 year old car.

just wondering how many km's your e30's have on the clock and how they run, what you have had to replace, and what should be replaced at how many km's etc?

um i'm pretty sure it's a cambelt dude, which will need replacing.

Had 138,000 on the clock when i bought my M325 with a full service history (every service done). Its had 2 cambelts due to age not wear and a few seals here and there and still feels tight. The exception being the suspension which is stuffed and needs replacing ASAP

220,000 smoking a bit but she's all gravy.

About to corss over 280K. I still pull like a school boy.

Fixed.

heh..

356,000k's ..absolutely no smoke ... heads been done twice, cars been serviced on the money for its entire life

still tight as hell and goes like hell.

all about to change

160,000 And She still turns me on, and never miss a beat

My old 320 was bought with 97,000 and sold with 115,000. i did cambelt, waterpump, plugs, and all regular maintenance. motor mounts, manual conversion with all new "consumables". New owner got a tight car.

325 was bought with 193000, currently 195000. Have done cambelt, water pump, motor mounts, front cam seal, wheel bearing, and a few other bits and pieces.

smokes just a tad and power steering needs attention.

I've put 50000km on mine, its now at 255000 and I haven't done anything engine/drivetrain wise. (other than fluid changes)

doesn't smoke, or use water/oil

replaced exhaust, brakes and most suspension stuff

195 000 now, done manual conversion and stupid enough to use mostly 2nd hand bits but have had no trouble with it, power steering need attention asap but really cannot be bothered as i have a spare rack which is mint, havent done a cam belt yet it was said to be done when i bought car 3 yeas ago, but will get it done soon. I think i have only put about 8k on the clock!

Edited by nz320i

Martyns (Formerly Naths) 316i had well over 200,000km on it last time I checked, and it ran and looked stunning for a 17 year old car.

Yep she is still going strong over the Rimutaka's on a regular basis. Not sure Id want to make that journey twice a week in a 316i but she gets there with no complaints !

Mine has just passed the 230,000 mark, hardly any smoke.

I just got a list of things that need to be done, little things nothing major

Come on where are the BIG milage cars? :D

My race car had 380,000 on it when i bought it, re ring and bearings, clutch and bits, sold motor out of it with 440,000 on and still pulling like Carl!!

Wrecked UK built 325i with 215,000 MILES on it!! :blink:

My m20b20 has about 170k on the clock when i got it, it had done 140k auto tranny poked about 150k and in went the manual. Got a m20b25 parts car which is pre f/l and has 320k on the clock but i think it has had a new donk put in at some stage as it looks like a f/l motor. and wear on the motor doesn't seem like its done that many k's, doesnt smoke whatsoever and doesn't miss at all. A mate had a f/l 2.0 litre that did about 370k and went through two auto boxes and just about shat a manual in the time he had it (took it from about 130,000 to 420ish driving from h-town to south auckland everyday) but the motor was still going with no smoke or anything when he sold it.

Best ive ever seen though is a GLXI Toyota Cressida that my g/f's dad had, bought it new and its still running at 430,000 odd k's!!!

M325i, 286km, rebuilt (rings/bearings/clutch etc) at 207km, new gear box mounts, discs, susp bushes, drive train stuff, clutch cylinders etc etc etc.

325i Convertible, 190km, cracked head/new water pump/ computer, in time I've had it, 1 sump gasket.

89 325M purchased about a year ago with 255,000kms on the clock. Over 309,000kms now and counting. Still going strong. next job on my list is the oil leak.

Bought it off this really honest looking bloke called Gus, and only had 12,000kms on the clock! :)

Latest cars got 362,000 on it, 88 318i, run a big end bearing, replacing rings and bearings now, anyone tell me the best place around Auckland for these parts? The rest of the cars on it's way to the wrecker, full of rust to the point it's falling apart. Cheers.