Sign in to follow this  
Garett

GDM - E36 Drift/Race Project

I also had to change my throttle body to a m52 and flip it upside down to gain clearance for my piping because the m50 one can not be turned over due to the springs indent the manifold..

post-2228-1309157673.jpg

post-2228-1309157682.jpg

I'm impressed that you can boost an m50 for that price.

Have you done something for the crank case ventilation?

I'm impressed that you can boost an m50 for that price.

Have you done something for the crank case ventilation?

thanks ill probably vent it to the world via a catch can???

i like it mate,nearly as rough as some of my projects

kudos X2

m

Whatever gets the job done. nice

thanks guys its really nice to hear some positive feedback haha as your probley aware my bov had arrived today and i was itching to get it on so i went to the workshop tonight and installed it on the charger manifold under the intake manifold, gave it a skim and some man made gaskets nice and air tight.. i also put 2 pcv one way valves in for the idle, it wont idle with the charger on but runs like it never had one on with it off...

Good news is i taken it for another drive and its pulling twice as hard now B) and i can change between gears with the charger staying on where before with no bov it use to stop it spinning and make a hell of a noise

Bad News is when boost comes on the clutch is slipping.... :wacko:

below are some more pics...

post-2228-1309259797.jpg

post-2228-1309259806.jpg

post-2228-1309259815.jpg

post-2228-1309259831.jpg

tomorrow will put larger injectors in, it cant hurt too right??? and also pointed out i better get it on the gas anlyser make sure its not leaning out..

Edited by Garett

Would test AFR before playing with injectors. May make things worse.

Would test AFR before playing with injectors. May make things worse.

+1

BTW

when i said 20det injectors fit i thought you would be tuning with a

fuel controller or something,

when I used them my car overfuelled to the point

where it couldnt rev past idle just a heads up :)

+1

BTW

when i said 20det injectors fit i thought you would be tuning with a

fuel controller or something,

when I used them my car overfuelled to the point

where it couldnt rev past idle just a heads up :)

cool as i got some m3 ones :) and a 4bar reg to play with hehe,

i took some friends out for a thrash in it tonight and they loved it, then :o the hose blew off had to put it back on with the screw driver from the bmw tool box and the light from my glovebox i bet bmw never thort it would get used for that haha

I put the new injectors in at lunch and its blowing black smoke with the charger on at 1000rpm idle which means its over fueling pretty bad, going to swap them back tonight... <_<

Edited by Garett

i've put the old 415 injectors back in now and taken out the 440's, and i got a boost guage from work and ran it into my car took it for a small drive, turns out its boosting an unimpressive 3.5psi and drops to 2.5psi at 6500rpm, going to source a smaller pulley for the charger. atm its 115mm diameter, any help sourcing one would be nice, did the sc14 come out with a smaller clutch pulley??? or does the sc12 have a smaller one that fits??

Edited by Garett

Wont you have problems with the magnetic clutch if you ditch the sc14's pulley?

I suppose you could run a bypass valve that's closed at whenever you may choose

What revs do you get to full boost?

What rpm are you spinning the sc at atm? to dark for me to measure my crank pulley

I'd be happy with 3.5psi

i've put the old 415 injectors back in now and taken out the 440's, and i got a boost guage from work and ran it into my car took it for a small drive, turns out its boosting an unimpressive 3.5psi and drops to 2.5psi at 6500rpm, going to source a smaller pulley for the charger. atm its 115mm diameter, any help sourcing one would be nice, did the sc14 come out with a smaller clutch pulley??? or does the sc12 have a smaller one that fits??

Did you have a look at RB25 alternator pulley?

I think i measured it around 70mm if i remember correctly.

Have you checked your EGT's with standard injectors when on boost?

Would be interesting to know if they feed enough on 3.5psi

I was leaning like a mofo when I had 415s on my turbo setup at 8psi

4000rpm was max revs before it would start farting around :lol:

I dont know why i bother to help at times cause i dont know crap but for those who might pay attention one of the reason its running low psi is the blowers displacement is too small for the motor as would be the sc14 but im sure it wont stop you trying it.

If you start trying to spin it harder then enjoy rebuilding blower and motor, max psi based on pulley size even on the 4age was 11psi before over speed and that my friend was 1600cc have fun

Edited by crunchy

I dont know why i bother to help at times cause i dont know crap but for those who might pay attention one of the reason its running low psi is the blowers displacement is too small for the motor as would be the sc14 but im sure it wont stop you trying it.

If you start trying to spin it harder then enjoy rebuilding blower and motor, max psi based on pulley size even on the 4age was 11psi before over speed and that my friend was 1600cc have fun

I trust you know your sh*t man but a page back you posted this...

if you copy off the oem setup you got it from you cant go to wrong, from mem you cant spin them any harder than 14k

If SC14 can spin 14k wouldnt that mean it could theoretically develop over 14.7psi on a

2.8l if you limit engine speed to 6500rpm?

that is true but you still have to displace enough volume to support the engines need, you can spin it as hard as you like but if you dont have enough cfm it just makes the boost gauage look cool thus why all blowers like turbos come with different cfm ratings, that make more sence?

undersized blowers react by producing less boost thus peoples react by cranking the input speed producing nothing but hot air and no a cooler doesnt fix that issue, a m90 would be a better match for the engines displacement.

my statment regarding the pulley size was more directed to the life of the blower.

Edited by crunchy

agreed m90 would be a much better sc for the application

another cheap alternative is that mazda millercycle engine SC which is twin screw

ive heard theyre prone to fail though

but regarding the sc14 when i looked into using one for my m50 i read the

max efficient speed was 9750-10k rpm

at that speed wouldnt the OP have around 8psi?

agreed m90 would be a much better sc for the application

another cheap alternative is that mazda millercycle engine SC which is twin screw

ive heard theyre prone to fail though

they werent known for being that great

but regarding the sc14 when i looked into using one for my m50 i read the

max efficient speed was 9750-10k rpm

speed is based on displacement for both blower and engine thus you need to play

at that speed wouldnt the OP have around 8psi?

again thats based on many things including cam timing if you run more overlap you reduce boost

Any more progress on this yet?

Trouble with Eaton M90s is they put a LOT of hot air out, especially once you get past half a bar of pressure. It then gets to the point where it is mandatory to run an intercooler of some type and/or water alcohol injection.

Twin screws are the way to go for thermal efficiency but come at a great cost.

Trouble with Eaton M90s is they put a LOT of hot air out, especially once you get past half a bar of pressure. It then gets to the point where it is mandatory to run an intercooler of some type and/or water alcohol injection.

Is this due to back pressure behind rotors or supercharger speed?

The reason I ask is sometimes people get confused with psi on

superchargers as it will develop differing pressures on different engine capacities.

Any more progress on this yet?

haha, its been crazy with the timing of birthday party's and general any excuse party's the last couple of weeks this weekends the same.. it sure takes longer to get over a hangover the older you get huh. will suss a vid out at some point soon. :D