Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

First car to be crushed!

Which is not necessarily a BAD thing. :unsure:

Also, if you were at the point of having your car crushed and got caught doing a skid / racing. Why would you stop for police? Almost nothing to lose, already going to lose license and car + fines etc, with a possibility of getting away. why stop? if you get caught even if after doing a runner its only a extra failing to stop charge.

Ermm....

Because you'd probably go away for failing to stop, risk to other motorists on the road in your attempt to flee, amongst a few reasons.

I personally don't have any problem with burnouts, donuts e.t.c. but IMO there's a time & a place. But I'm not going to go and park my ute outfront of McDonalds in the main street & light up my back tyres in front of everyone.

I personally don't have any problem with burnouts, donuts e.t.c. but IMO there's a time & a place. But I'm not going to go and park my ute outfront of McDonalds in the main street & light up my back tyres in front of everyone.

I don't disagree.

I've been guilty of the odd wheel-spinning launch in my time. But they are always away from ppl and property.

But if i'd been caught several times I think I'd be leaving that too for the track.

going straight out and doing doughnuts on Sh1 and crashing is clearly someone that:

1) is not in control

2) hasn't the mental capacity to operate a car

Why aren't the cars taken and re-distributed to the needy? Rather than crushing? I'm sure there's a family out there that would welcome a new set of wheels.

Edited by M5V8

Why aren't the cars taken and re-distributed to the needy? Rather than crushing? I'm sure there's a family out there that would welcome a new set of wheels.

Because they would turn around and sell it on to another kid to do more skids and completing the cycle.

lol just wondering. if I won lotto and bought that f40 on trademe. do "accidental" wheelspins be counted as being a boy racer? LOL. the car will be looking like its going 200km/h even when it is stationary

I don't disagree.

I've been guilty of the odd wheel-spinning launch in my time. But they are always away from ppl and property.

But if i'd been caught several times I think I'd be leaving that too for the track.

Do it 3 times and have the M5 crushed. And you'd be assumed guilty unless you prove yourself innocent.

What a crap law.

Collins is a bitch, Tolleys a PR greedy tart and guy who got caught's a moron. What an absurd waste of oxygen.

lol just wondering. if I won lotto and bought that f40 on trademe. do "accidental" wheelspins be counted as being a boy racer? LOL. the car will be looking like its going 200km/h even when it is stationary

I think so!!!

Wasn't that guy from up north done for doing skids pulling out of an intersection in Te Awamutu in his E55

I think so!!!

Wasn't that guy from up north done for doing skids pulling out of an intersection in Te Awamutu in his E55

I was thinking of the same example, couldn't remember the car though but I know it wasn't a stereo-typical boyracer.

As I see it, the law is there for two reasons:

1.) detract the 'at-risk' target crowd from such activities

2.) punish the multi-offenders

Has it worked? 2 years in and one crushing is not a strong record, BUT people are talking about it, and hence aware of it. So in my mind, it's working. Surely something different could be done around the execution of the law, but it's certainly a start.

Do it 3 times and have the M5 crushed. And you'd be assumed guilty unless you prove yourself innocent.

What a crap law.

Collins is a bitch, Tolleys a PR greedy tart and guy who got caught's a moron. What an absurd waste of oxygen.

Collins is a heap of sh*t, a fkn asshat, she's always in the spotlight for her retarded decisions. She was an idiot when she was minister of Police, she was and she's an idiot now.

Ermm....

Because you'd probably go away for failing to stop, risk to other motorists on the road in your attempt to flee, amongst a few reasons.

I know a few people who have been in police chases and been caught, more than once. For first times, they only lost their license for a longer period + fines.

Only on 2nd or 3rd times been caught doing a runner they lost their license for a longer period + home detention.

Slap with a wet bus ticket, I think you would have to actually crash and kill someone before they gave you prison time.

Video is now on stuff for those that want to watch it! on my ipad so cant link sorry.

I remember very early on, someone suggested selling the cars at auction, to get $ back. It was shutdown as an option because the car would be back on the road and available to do the same things...

INSTEAD, the car is impounded, the wrecker/crusher removes anything the can sell, the car is crushed and all the parts are available on the market to be installed on another shell.

How different is it, really?

I remember very early on, someone suggested selling the cars at auction, to get $ back. It was shutdown as an option because the car would be back on the road and available to do the same things...

INSTEAD, the car is impounded, the wrecker/crusher removes anything the can sell, the car is crushed and all the parts are available on the market to be installed on another shell.

How different is it, really?

the difference is that the muppets then take the bits and thier own car along to a shop and pay someone else to install them because in my experience they are too rookie to know how to do it themselves, thereby relieving them of even more funds that could be paying off the fines

The thing that annoys me about this is its not the car, its the driver. I have a mate that has a WRX that is all modified with the wheels and exhaust etc that has never had a demerit in his life. I cant quite say the same with my cars, but still, reletively, i have hardly any. A bog standard 1983 Corolla has just as much chance as being crushed as a GTR. Laurels are not my thing and couldnt care less if its that that gets crushed, but had it been a 328i Manual and i would have something different to say

Is it the gun that kills people, or do people kill people?

I know a few people who have been in police chases and been caught, more than once. For first times, they only lost their license for a longer period + fines.

Only on 2nd or 3rd times been caught doing a runner they lost their license for a longer period + home detention.

Slap with a wet bus ticket, I think you would have to actually crash and kill someone before they gave you prison time.

I don't know what your ambitions in life are but you cannot travel to a number of countries if you have a conviction. From memory when I filled in an ETA to go to the US it actually asked if you have even been arrested. Not even convicted, charged etc but arrested.

The more the world becomes connected and to use that cliche "shrinks" the more of an issue you will have being mobile if you choose to engage in that kinds of behavior.

the difference is that the muppets then take the bits and thier own car along to a shop and pay someone else to install them because in my experience they are too rookie to know how to do it themselves, thereby relieving them of even more funds that could be paying off the fines

The thing that annoys me about this is its not the car, its the driver. I have a mate that has a WRX that is all modified with the wheels and exhaust etc that has never had a demerit in his life. I cant quite say the same with my cars, but still, reletively, i have hardly any. A bog standard 1983 Corolla has just as much chance as being crushed as a GTR. Laurels are not my thing and couldnt care less if its that that gets crushed, but had it been a 328i Manual and i would have something different to say

Is it the gun that kills people, or do people kill people?

Well said.

I had a Daihatsu Max 360 that did AWESOME burnouts... it was a 360cc 2 stroke :lol: 33 hp, 400 kgs.

I don't know what your ambitions in life are but you cannot travel to a number of countries if you have a conviction. From memory when I filled in an ETA to go to the US it actually asked if you have even been arrested. Not even convicted, charged etc but arrested.

The more the world becomes connected and to use that cliche "shrinks" the more of an issue you will have being mobile if you choose to engage in that kinds of behavior.

Wasnt me doing said behaviours, just people I know. Personally I've never even had a speeding ticket.

Drunk drivers are more of a problem anyway, drunk drivers should have their cars crushed.

Edited by polley

Drunk drivers are more of a problem anyway, drunk drivers should have their cars crushed.

While they're in them!

While they're in them!

They often do, but in the accident they normally end up killing someone innocent.

Word.

A classic case of doing stupid sh*t when you're young and paying for it when you're older. I guess years ago the consequences were no where near as harsh as today. My brother in law was a right little sh*t when he was a teenager, possession of cannabis, assault charges, minor stuff and every time he goes to Australia where is brother lives he gets owned by customs. He also can't obtain a Visa to the U.S.

Now he was a flash house on 5 acres and would be scratching into the realms of a millionaire I'd imagine, but he can't travel.

Now it seems the crushed car is being sold on Trademe, all profits to youthline. Pretty rude that they crush his car, and then profit off it, even if he is a real numpty.

(Good choice of charity though)

Now it seems the crushed car is being sold on Trademe, all profits to youthline. Pretty rude that they crush his car, and then profit off it, even if he is a real numpty.

(Good choice of charity though)

^^^ Nup sorry. No sympathy for him. I wonder how much he owes the country in unpaid fines... speculating of course

Crushing the owners car wont do crap all that will do is give him bragging rights with his mates if you wont a bigger effect crush the guys parents cars at the same time make them take responsibility for allowing them to own a car that's called a baby sitter cause they don't know how to control their kids to start with.

There's many parents out there that go guarantor for their kids to buy a 300hp evo that have no idea how to control in the first place then wonder why they end up dead.

i was supporting myself before his age, would be unfair to crush perants car. i know my mates car is registered to his moms name for that reason though

i was supporting myself before his age, would be unfair to crush perants car. i know my mates car is registered to his moms name for that reason though

and do you seriously think guys like him care?

this wouldn't have happened if he had any consideration for himself or others thats what gives car enthusiasts a bad name so whats unfair?

the race track is where the rest of us go

and do you seriously think guys like him care?

this wouldn't have happened if he had any consideration for himself or others thats what gives car enthusiasts a bad name so whats unfair?

the race track is where the rest of us go

yeah your right. i know they dont care. you might as well say strip him and his perants of all thier assets though, they do it for the risk, and the risk becomes that much more, and, in a strange way, make it all the more likely to occur