Sign in to follow this  
skidz

Damaged M325i

It looks like it is, Has the towbar, wheels, interior as described.

Damn! I liked that car and I don't normally like pre-facelifts.

Mmm would like the 2.7 engine...

885 head too.. doesn't even look that damaged. Could be a good buy for someone.

The damage looks relatively minor, almost too little for the car to be written off, especially a nice M325i like that.

I wonder if there is something else not obvious - like maybe carried on driving after the prang and the radiator was damaged so it over heated? The interior picture with the dip-stick sitting on the passenger seat is a bit of an odd clue perhaps?

If anyone gets to view it tonight, put up some more info??

Don`t you mean `where is it going to go`.

If you're getting it Ray, I may be interested in the wheels

Does it have a moonroof? Ive always wanted one ray ;)

got pretty chur stereo wiring

got pretty chur stereo wiring

Mmm sub and amp have probably gone but they left the Fusion sub control... Lot nicer than the cr@p wiring I found in mine when I replaced the headunit!

I hope they cleaned the dip stick before putting in on the sport seats.

From the Carjam and build info this looks to be one of the original NZ new M325is, surely that would make it worth saving?

Unless the damage is worse than it appears, it does seem quite tidy under the rubbish be a shame to see it broken up. Very tempted to buy it myself to repair but have just committed all my funds into something else - damn it.

How much do you think this is worth, as is?

Edited by APT

Looks like from what I can see, replace the front bumper (looks like the fog lights are still perfectly fine as well, new grills and possibly a new drivers high beam, new guard or panelbeat it then you have got a nice M325i there. Wouldn't cost much at all if that's all it is, doesn't look like there's even any damage to the radiator.

If you pulled that bumper off you would see the bumper mount is right on the chassis rail, so it's probably crumpled up if not just bent (Mentions chassis damage). Wouldn't really be a cheap fix IMO.

Surely there has to be more damage than that. The owner would be silly to throw it in a damaged car auction at Turners if it was just minor cosmetic issues.

If you own a car like this its the type of car you would fix cos its your baby. I don't understand.

Maybe I should call the consultant and find out..

Surely there has to be more damage than that. The owner would be silly to throw it in a damaged car auction at Turners if it was just minor cosmetic issues.

If you own a car like this its the type of car you would fix cos its your baby. I don't understand.

Maybe I should call the consultant and find out..

Its usually insurance companies that use turners damaged auctions, no its likely it was written off by them and now they're trying to recoup some dollars.

How much do you think this is worth, as is?

I have paid anything from $100 up to $1000 for E30 insurance write offs.

Looks like from what I can see, replace the front bumper (looks like the fog lights are still perfectly fine as well, new grills and possibly a new drivers high beam, new guard or panelbeat it then you have got a nice M325i there. Wouldn't cost much at all if that's all it is, doesn't look like there's even any damage to the radiator.

Plus the cost of three engineers inspections and re-vin

Plus the cost of three engineers inspections and re-vin

Ah yes, didn't take note that the write offs get deregd.

Reasonably recent wof on it too though which should suggest the rest of the car is fine but some high mileage on it now I look again, so would say best as a parts car, still comes with an M-Tech 1 wheel, rest of the M-Tech kit and what looks to be a crack free dash.

There's a couple of M325's on trademe at present - a tech 1 for $10k and a tech 2 for $11k.

I have one of these also - pretty much exactly the same but with orig wheels and less k's. Mine is insured for $11k. I had thought that the insurance people fixed your car if it was cheaper than paying it out so I don't understand why this car is written off...

Or is my understanding of insurance or the value of M325's flawed?

Went for $2300. $1300 more than what it was worth.

Pretty rough cond.

AA insurance had asked for a parts quote. Hellbm quote was $900 in parts add in the panel/paint and you have approx. $2500 in repairs.They obviously preferred to pay out rather than repair.

I would value this at $5000 repaired and back on the road.

I was bidding to $2200, whoever wanted it played it well. Dipstick was on the passengers seat, bonnet release cable was cut so the engine couldn't be inspected.

I should of really stopped at $2000.