Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

3.0CSi with an M88/3

Beautiful. Are they really worth that much?! I guess whatever enthusiasts are willing to pay for it; great looking machine. Funky color too.

Nice car, good condition, provenance, 'sensible' upgrades that can be undone again if desired... But, yes. $77k?

Prices in Europe are definitely on the up. When I looked a few years ago (and was put off by the first 5 cars I saw having bodged repairs to that tricky inner wing area) you could pick up an E9 3.0 for well under GBP 10k. Now good ones start at GBP 20-25, and the best are advertised at over GBP 50k.

If this one is as good as it is claimed to be (check that inner wing box section!) then maybe the price is about right, by Euro standards.

Ten years ago, I had read in a BMW mag that E9 coupes were going for silly prices in Germany, as were E3s and even yes the bread and butter New Class. Looks like that has spilled over.

nice car ,one of my old m745i engines , went into that car.

its all done proper too , no dodgy repairs on this car.

Ahhh. This came into the car park last week, sounded great, wondered what had been done to it. Horses for courses on price.

If you're selling a car for $77 000 get someone to take some decent bloody photos!

It is in collectors territory with a twist of someone who wants to actually drive it with that m88 engine :)

Love it, its what I would have done! :)

I like E9's like everyone else but id like 3-4 M powered cars more.

Would appear to be what international buyers are paying for mint ones, these are a true classic . Not sure about the M motor & 5 speed though, std chassis was not designed for them. Hopefully the rest of it has been upgraded to match?

Racing versions were seriously hot

When I saw it just before the engine was put back in it, the chassis hadn't been upgraded... and at the time, there were no plans to. My first comment, like yours, was surely that thing is going to twist?

The engine is better than the old donk that are in them ... do any decent corners with the old engine and you're garenteed to run a bearing or 5.

Meh V8s in E30s gonna be worse...

Lovely car that though.

Beautiful car. You are right though the price is high but they are becoming collectors items and demand is growing for them esspecially in the U.S. Going to do all I can to get my hands on one in the next year or two.

Does anyone know where this car ended up as a friend of the long term owner in Southland is keen to contact the current owner.