Sign in to follow this  
Penelope

E46 M3 on Trademe - thoughts/advice?

Congrats, you must be stoked :). Am also keen to see this sometime after it arrives! Color looks great

Congrats, you must be stoked :). Am also keen to see this sometime after it arrives! Color looks great

Oh yes I am! Thanks :)

Mission accomplished

http://www.trademe.co.nz/805374223

So on it. Thank you! :)

If you buy those I'd change the Michelins ... he's got Sport Cup on one wheel and Sport Cup+ on another (they are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TYRES) ... that's like mixing slicks with standard road tyres on the same axle ... Naughty!!

Thanks for pointing that out, he reckons they're track tyres. I'd prefer to buy them without tyres and get new ones on but he's not keen. Those tyres are no good to me, as you said. I guess I'll wait and see, if they don't sell, he might be more open to it later... I'm in no rush.

Better wheel options for less dollars than those imo.

I'm afraid those are the exact wheels I want.. Less $$ would be preferable though, yes.

those wheels look nice but they're stupidly heavy and imo 18's look better with a decent amount of rubber on it. better handling and more comfort.

personal preferences though! do what you want its your car! but please bring it to the next meet im dying to see it in real life

• Like 1

those wheels look nice but they're stupidly heavy and imo 18's look better with a decent amount of rubber on it. better handling and more comfort.

personal preferences though! do what you want its your car! but please bring it to the next meet im dying to see it in real life

Yeah 18s look just a touch small to me on that car. Not worried about weight, he just needs to look "right".

Umm.... I dunno, maybe... awkward.

More tyre choice in 18s if moving away from standard Michelin pas ps2 combos

In terms of rims Check out lm20 rims. Very nice for the price compared with bbs lm series .

Btw those factory 19 inch rims weight the same as factory 18s so not too bad for 19.

Try Apex wheels on the Turner Motorsport website. They're hugely popular in the US and offer a more race focused look than the semi-pimp factory M3 rims

More tyre choice in 18s if moving away from standard Michelin pas ps2 combos

In terms of rims Check out lm20 rims. Very nice for the price compared with bbs lm series .

Btw those factory 19 inch rims weight the same as factory 18s so not too bad for 19.

Try Apex wheels on the Turner Motorsport website. They're hugely popular in the US and offer a more race focused look than the semi-pimp factory M3 rims

Thanks guys but OEM 19s only.

Yeah 18s look just a touch small to me on that car. Not worried about weight, he just needs to look "right".

Umm.... I dunno, maybe... awkward.

He? Must be Man vs. Lady thing - I always refer to my car's as 'she' :D

• Like 2

Thanks guys but OEM 19s only.

No worries. Totally understand the OEM preference. Hopefully a set comes your way soon!

He? Must be Man vs. Lady thing - I always refer to my car's as 'she' :D

Hah yeah probably.. However I have had one female car before but that was mostly because the name aligned (yes I name my cars..) - it was a Tomcat, Rover parts assembled by Honda so her name was Rhonda! Still trying to figure out what the M3 will be called...

No worries. Totally understand the OEM preference. Hopefully a set comes your way soon!

Edit: wow I replied to Pg1 haha

Congrats with your purchase! Looking forward to more pics.

I personally don't mind those wheels at all...

Edited by CSET

A car a he? A Laguna Blue too?

Wow.

Even I call my cars shes. And Im a she myself.

Individuality I guess :P

how much did you end up shell out, if i may ask.

'He'd' have to have a German name...

That's an excellent thought starter, thank you!

Edit: wow I replied to Pg1 haha

Congrats with your purchase! Looking forward to more pics.

I personally don't mind those wheels at all...

I don't mind the wheels but they're not what I want or I imagine on that car. I'm rather particular about things.... ;)

A car a he? A Laguna Blue too?

Wow.

Even I call my cars shes. And Im a she myself.

Individuality I guess :P

Well the M3 isn't exactly a feminine car compared to non-Ms and most other cars. And blue is traditionally a male colour.

BUT also I'm Croatian and the word for car is of masculine gender in Croatian so it seems natural to me for a car to be male :)

how much did you end up shell out, if i may ask.

Close to asking. That colour doesn't come up often and it's specifically what I wanted so didn't have much bargaining power :P

Edited by Penelope

lol u didnt have the bargaining power becacuse i bet you couldnt keep a poker face once you saw it in real life!!

the seller didnt need to know that you were so keen on that colour lol.. you could have said that the colour was the 1 thing that you didnt like :P

Edited by QUBE

lol u didnt have the bargaining power becacuse i bet you couldnt keep a poker face once you saw it in real life!!

the seller didnt need to know that you were so keen on that colour lol.. you could have said that the colour was the 1 thing that you didnt like :P

The thing is, I have not even seen it in real life yet..!

I talked to him on the phone a few times and he was so damn nice and I'm just not into lying. Karma and all that.. \

It's all good, I'm happy with the price.

Well the M3 isn't exactly a feminine car compared to non-Ms and most other cards. And blue is traditionally a male colour.

BUT also I'm Croatian and the word for car is of masculine gender in Croatian so it seems natural to me for a car to be male :)

You must give him an appropriate name such as Zdenko, Zvonimir or Gojko.

• Like 1