Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

I have an addiction.

So at the behest of my wife I sold my Jap import E36 325i and it left me with my "Project" 93 325i coupe and as I always seem to be doing something to it I just don't get to drive it very often. Turners had a 96 318is coupe on a dollar serve so I had a bid and got it for a grand, its not bad had a leaking oil filter boss and worn front bushes but pretty cheap to fix them, and of course it was Silver so it matches my hair.

My wife gave me that look that says I am not impressed but I ignored and said the car was actually for my boy, so that was ok. Then perchance I saw a 330ci advertised on TM for 4k. Now 4k 330ci's are not common so I rang him and he said just got back from holiday and I have a lot of messages re the car but come and have a look if you like. I had a drive and noticed a leaking valve cover but no other major concerns so I shook hands on it. Now 5 weeks later I am actually going to pick it up, I thought the seller was a bit dodgy as he wouldn't return my calls but he said he had to get a new transponder key from Germany so I could lock the car. If it is dodgy then I can always ell it as a parts car, car Jam says it has no money owing on it and the owner is the first NZ owner so fingers crossed km's are 180.

My wife is unimpressed, but I am happy and after all I feel thats whats most important.

• Like 6

Such buying is jolly good fun.

An addiction that is impossible to eradicate!

hilarious.

You sir need a medal. Or a good divorce lawyer. I'm not sure which yet.

• Like 2

Hopefully not a divorce lawyer, after all my wife is younger than me, better looking by far and earns more money than me, plus she secretly likes BMW's she just doesn't want to admit it publicly.

Now all I have to do is find replacement trim for the E46 as I am not a big faux wood fan and perhaps some bilsteins or Konis and some 18'a nd some Pirellis and some ......................

• Like 5

Maybe you could say one of these cars is for her? Get her involved emotionally and you're good to go :-)

If its the dark blue one with a sunroof, then I've been trying to buy it since he first advertised it in December last year, but he never seems to return txts or emails. Always "out of the country"

I'll be very interested to see what happens...

Let me know if it doesn't work out...I might be tempted to part with my 330CI which has done similar KM"s but in better condition.

Yes blue one with Sunroof, picking it up tomorrow. :)

My wife is unimpressed, but I am happy and after all I feel thats whats most important.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Like 4

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bloody trolling maytee

Well I picked up the E46 and its not too bad. I suspect the RTA bushes need replacing and the front is a bit sloppy as well so LCA buses I would imagine. THe valve cover is leaking so I need to order some replacement gaskets. Driving the E46 back to back with the E36's it's certainly a much more modern feeling car but the E36 feels a bit more connected and that could be because the suspension is firmer. Anyway here they are.

3 BMWs for $7300 (Plus some bits and pieces for the 325i)

BMWs%20164_zpsreeroypc.jpg

BMWs%20165_zps4fscfpqw.jpg

BMWs%20166_zpsj4o0l0xx.jpg

Edited by Herbmiester

I'm trying to work out why I so much prefer the top pic to the middle one... Maybe it's the ride height? Dunno...

Yeah the 325i is quite low but it never bottoms out and I live up a rutted dirt road.

hah your story made me laugh! I think ive got an addition too. 1 x BMW 633cis, 1 x BMW 328e36 tourer and 1 x VW golf GTI. The comment about the wife not being impressed put a smile on face! Although luckily for me the wife doesn't mind!

lol, Great story.

Personally I like the stance of the 325i. Looks just right.

So which one is the wife getting????

wow, 330ci for 4k? only 180ks? 1 nz owner? wow. just wow.

you won the bmw game.

win the battle, your wife will ultimately win the war. mate of mine learned that each time he made an unapproved purchase, he needed twice as much dinero, as his wife bought something to the same value. Therefore a bargain $3,500 purchase cost him $7,000.

Happy wife, happy life. Take her on holiday to the gold coast/noumea/rarotonga for being so understanding.

Must say, very impressed with the number of lumps you bought for the money! Just prepare yourself for new leather lounge suite/cosmetic surgery!

Edited by Olaf