Sign in to follow this  
KwS

EOI/WTB: Something manual, and grunty.

In the market for a new car, looking for something decedent to play with.

Want it preferably 2000+, but will keep options open on that one.

Must be 3L or more, and must be manual.

Likely looking at 330i, 130i, 530i or a 540i i guess. Would love Martins M5 but the better half didnt seem so keen on me spending THAT much.

Looking to pay upto $10k.

Prefer lower North Island, but will also keep options open there too. Will need to factor transport into price if its not local.

Will be interesting to see what you end up getting, would be interesting to see what that kind of cash can get that's actually fun and not auto.

Closest I can see to meeting your checklist are these two

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1051042293.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1030192167.htm

You'll pick up something nice with a slushbox for that sort of money, I'll be blown away if you find a manual though!

The more looking around at manuals in that price bracket, the more obvious it is just how well priced Martins M5 really is. Don't understand how it hasn't already sold

sh*t, that silver e39 is nice.
Kelvin I'd say your best bet would be to hold on to the cash until a 330ci manual pops up.

Edited by Rubix

This is what I was looking for about a year ago for similar money, was an impossible find at the time, ended up buying a 318i touring auto and doing the 3L manual conversion. Worked out maybe a grand more but for me its a blast in a modernish BMW at this price point. GL with your search. Another member is selling 540i touring wagon here with all the important bits done albeit there is Hugh difference in driving dynamics between the two.

you could always buy a 330 *cough buy mine cough* and convert to manual :D

Not interested in converting anything to manual, need a toy not a project.

Keeping my options open, really want a 130i but none in this price range ATM (have been some previously though). KM arent an issue, as long as its in good shape with service history.

The 540i touring and 530i are both on my watchlist. The 540i is a bit more than i want to spend, and not motorsport. The 530i looks really good, still a bit high in price (considering the one Ray sold at $1 res a while back got $7500). Really like the titan silver and alcantara interior. Will probably contact them.

Price isnt firm, could stretch it a bit for the right car.

Edited by KwS

Most often the case when you not looking, manual cars start popping up all over the place. When you are on the hunt for one not much out there...

I'm sure this is the case with Martins' M5, bargain price now but everyone that was in the market for this sort of car at the time, have probably moved on to something else most likely 335i sedan's which seemed to be the default choice considering what you get for the money and now are like WTF M5 for this money...

• Like 3

Totally the case, could've had a 130i manual if i was in the position to buy a couple of months ago. Now, nothing.

buy my 544iT/6 e34 , a bit more than your budget though

Be patient and maybe another will pop up. I was browsing for a 335i for 6 months and wouldn't have landed one nearly as good as this for the money I paid if I bought any sooner.

• Like 1

Bump.

Patience isnt one of my strong points. Will probably end up with a subaru or something soon :P

Bump.

Patience isnt one of my strong points. Will probably end up with a subaru or something soon :P

Make me an offer for the 540i touring! ;) i cant let you go to the dark side!

Bump.

use the force, not the farce!

Make me an offer for the 540i touring! ;) i cant let you go to the dark side!

indeed, Subaru - for all their positive points - are still a japanese car... there are points of difference from other japanese cars, but hey.... they're just not the dynamic drive that the cars that Kelvin's talking about are known for. The similarity is that Subarus are a relatively high-cost maintenance commitment, like our BM's.

Be patient Kelvin, bide your time. winter's coming, folks will be quitting their toys...

Still bugger all out there. Where my cheap 130i's at?

How about a 330i 6 speed manual `03 touring.

M Sport with all boxes ticked

$14000 ono

post-1470-0-59257600-1460167210.jpg

post-1470-0-37649100-1460167211.jpg

post-1470-0-05257300-1460167212.jpg

post-1470-0-91693100-1460167212_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-92543100-1460167213_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-79337600-1460167214.jpg

post-1470-0-64301100-1460167215.jpg

post-1470-0-40907600-1460167216.jpg

post-1470-0-33770500-1460167217.jpg

post-1470-0-07402800-1460167218.jpg

• Like 1

That 330 wagon looks bloody awesome, but unfortunately its a few thousand out of my budget.

Still looking, would even consider a tidy near standard manual 325i E30, sedan or coupe.

Hey Kelvin,

Did you end up finding anything? I'm looking for exactly the same thing with the same budget.

Strangely, i ended up with a 2007 Mazda MX5 with the power retractable hard top. Im loving it.