Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

Dedicated Motorsport Channel on TV

Yep, that’s right; the Sky Network is seeking signatures for a petition to start an All Motorsport Channel similar to the Rugby Channel.

sign the petition here

They are looking at promoting NZ Motorsport like never before and show everything from your local Speedway Racing to the Big International Races and more.

You know you all want to sign up!

Details are a bit cloudy at the moment whether it will be included in the startup package or have to subscribe to it separately, but either way we need it in NZ.

Ollie

signed. Holla!

I don’t currently have sky but this would seal the deal for me..

+1

Signed

Guest Simon*

+2

and likewise

Yep, that’s right; the Sky Network is seeking signatures for a petition to start an All Motorsport Channel similar to the Rugby Channel.

This is not affiliated with Sky or created by Sky, this is just a dude starting a petition who wants a motorsport channel.

Regardless, good idea though.

signed

my comment was something like...

Why not have a channel that support a sport that 1000 times more popular worldwide than rugby. blah blah....

I watch a fair bit of the Speed channel at Brook's parents when we are in the US. It is pretty good, and has a wide variety of motorsport.

I'd be keen on something similar here - maybe Sky can buy the rights to Speed, but add local (NZ and Aus) conent to it, much like the existing ESPN channel on Sky.

However, I am a much more passionate rugby fan than I am motorsport fan, and I found the Rugby Channel to be a waste of time (and don't subscribe). But in motorsport's favour there is a lot more of this (and a greater variety) worldwide, so a channel can probably be supported by good quality content.

Cheers

Grant

Done!

I've got 'semi-legal' UHF Sky.

This would be cool, but you know it would be filled with junk.

My better idea is an E.X.Treme channel. Have 'good' motorsport and stuff like, classic surfing comps, snow stuff, ultimate fighting, crazy extreme sh*t etc etc. There must be tons of cheap quality material available.

I hate those European motor sport highlight shows that are so sterile its painful. That's my fear...

Done.

Would be so much more popular than the Rugby Channel- load of crap that is!

Motorsport is the 3rd most popular spectator sport in the world and the highest TV rating sport in the world......

Doesnt it make sense to have a whole channel devoted to it?

Rugby came in at a pityfull 14th......Half the world doesnt even know what it is.

I watched Motorsport on one last night with the Indy 500 coverage and even though I think Robby Rakete is a tool I could have kept watchin that for the rest of the night had it kept going. I was stoked when they finally brought out the V8 supercar channel, which soon turned into the TVNZ Sport channel, which soon stopped showing the V8 supercars, and now does nothing :| awesome, what a complete waste of a possibly good channel.

Bring on the motorsport channel!!!!

Edited by Assault