Sign in to follow this  
Mattzy

Matts 1988 325i B-road Panda coloured WIP

Cheers dude - would definately be keen to see some more shots of your car.

Anyway, I popped into car colours on the way home.

I was in the spraypainting mood!

Posted Image

Had heaps of spare paint so I painted the swaybar and brackets.

Wanky i know..

Posted Image

Also painted the FLCAS satin black, but you know what they look like anyway..

Edited by Mattzy

Evening gents!

Been pretty busy with other things latley leading up to christmas and subsequently been rather slack! But this weekend we managed to get all the suspension back together including the new front top hats and also get it all bolted into the car. I also installed the new short shifter and new shifter clip (aka expensive white plasticy thing!)

Posted Image

Front - Shiny new hub & bearing! no more shuddering death!

Posted Image

Front - check!

Posted Image

Rear - check!

Posted Image

Dildo - double check!

Unfortunately though I didnt have a 7mm spanner so dont have any pics of it on the ground untill I bleed the brakes -_-

Edited by Mattzy

Looking good man,still havent found them spacers sorry!

What size tyres you running? 195/50?

wooo slowly coming along nicely, can't wait to see this beast sometime!

Still looking for an e30 boss kit, cos supercheap can order them in..... i think they r $95 plus p&p. They have two options, but u have to go for the dearer one, bcos their other supplier hasn't stocked them for over two years! But thats where i got mine from, for a reasonable price (staff discount lol :P)

Wow this car is AWESOME! cant wait to see it finished! good to see your spending money in the right places first dude, ie suspension components/brakes. well done!!

Looking good man,still havent found them spacers sorry!

What size tyres you running? 195/50?

No worries bud, I am trying to track down some longer wheel nuts if you still have any?

Yes your correct, tyres are 197/50/16's

wooo slowly coming along nicely, can't wait to see this beast sometime!

Haha thanks bro! I have really been rather lazy!

Still looking for an e30 boss kit, cos supercheap can order them in..... i think they r $95 plus p&p. They have two options, but u have to go for the dearer one, bcos their other supplier hasn't stocked them for over two years! But thats where i got mine from, for a reasonable price (staff discount lol :P)

Yeah the plan is to check out JiB's bosskit and see if it'll fit mine. Then if it does we'll just bounce over to supercheap and use that part#

Good to see its still comming along nicely, hurry up and finish it already!!

Haha thanks bro - i know, i know.. im trying!

Wow this car is AWESOME! cant wait to see it finished! good to see your spending money in the right places first dude, ie suspension components/brakes. well done!!

Thanks mate! I'm not so interested in power for a car thats realistically going to be my daily (well not at this stage :lol: )

I'm remotivated and it's update time!

All I can say for this one is... Goodbye to my 56k friends! :lol:

Okay so.. While waiting for some bits to arrive I decided on my lunch break today I was going to get some leather reconditioner crap.

I myself, never having owned a car with leather and for the first time actually having a complete interior was totally foreign to the cleaning products avaliable. So naturally I headed to the local leather experts.. The saddlery warehouse! I puchased a very pricy $12 tub of black saddle wax and set to work.

Posted Image

French? Italian? German? whatever.. its not english and I have no idea what it says.

Probably made from horse.

Posted Image

This kind of cracking is everywhere.

Posted Image

I removed the seats only to find some more of Whangarei! in the form of oil, mud and grease.. yum, thanks so much!

(photos dont do the mess justice)

Posted Image

Passenger side crap.

Posted Image

Cleaned ready to feed a family off.

Posted Image

When I was removing the seats I noticed this factory spec instructional sticker.

Poor bastard at the factory must have had a bad day... :lol:

Posted Image

Leather looks better now huh?

Posted Image

Go 12 dollars baby go!

Posted Image

Letting it all dry..

More pics once its all dried and back in the car tomorrow.

/Edit - Dear Germany,

Those rear seat bracket mounts are retarded, most normal sized 17mm spanners dont fit.

Sort your sh*t out before I blitzkrieg your asses.

Kind Regards,

Matt

:D

Edited by Mattzy

/Edit - Dear Germany,

Those rear seat bracket mounts are retarded, most normal sized 17mm spanners dont fit.

Sort your sh*t out before I blitzkrieg your asses.

Word! Although most high-end tools have a lower profile and fit. (stronger metal and better specs = smaller tools with same strength).

seats came up mint bud!

Thanks bro! Should have some pics up this arvo of it all back together,

Word! Although most high-end tools have a lower profile and fit. (stronger metal and better specs = smaller tools with same strength).

For sure mate, pain in the ass for the garage DIY jobs though!

Man, you have serious OCD, you wanna come clean my POS up? There's plenty to do :lol:

Man, you have serious OCD, you wanna come clean my POS up? There's plenty to do :lol:

Haha, well for the amount in coins, dust, and general gunkage that came out it was worth it for the weight reduction :lol:

Shits gotta' be pimp yo!

I have this great stahlwille spanner that is curved just right to get the seats out. I guard that puppy with my life.

Brakes are bled and rear is complete!

I still need to order 16 longer wheel studs from Repco before I can drop the front down and put spacers on the rear. But shes not too far off now..

Posted Image

Interior is back together and doesnt smell anymore :lol:

Posted Image

Rear is all back together and on the ground.

Posted Image

This gives you an idea of the rear fitment after I attacked the guards. Although I can't use the spacers yet because I need those longer wheel nuts

Edited by Mattzy

That rules. Hurry up and do a skid, there's far too much tread on the rear.

That rules. Hurry up and do a skid, there's far too much tread on the rear.

Im trying to get to a track day on the 11th of Jan but its not looking promising :lol:

pssst... Boss Kit ;)

I feel really, really dirty whenever I see that gearknob, but I guess that's the point of it!

Guest Spottswoode

This is almost my favourite car on Bimmersport right now.

And MOF is right, more wheels = better.

I feel really, really dirty whenever I see that gearknob, but I guess that's the point of it!

Dirty.. haha. How do you feel when I tell you that it lights up and has two speeds! ;)

This is almost my favourite car on Bimmersport right now.

And MOF is right, more wheels = better.

Thanks mate! Fingers crossed that I can swiftly sort the bosskit and wheel nuts then its off to get an alignment.

Who's good on the North Shore for alignments thesedays? Note I cant take it to my normal shop because they dont have a press and I need to get those castor bushes pushed in.

Bro I can provide instructions to do those nolathanes with a vice easy as (providing you have a decent vice)...got mine to sink in like butter. PM me if you dont want a pro to do it :P

Bro I can provide instructions to do those nolathanes with a vice easy as (providing you have a decent vice)...got mine to sink in like butter. PM me if you dont want a pro to do it :P

Thanks heaps mate, but sadly I don't have a vice :( Hence why I havent even given it a crack.

If any BS member does have a vice and is keen then I can fund either via alcohol or cash!

/Edit - f**k it. If you could flick me some instructions that would be brilliant.

I was thinking about heating her up, using some grease and then smashing it in.

Then I was going to sort out the castor bushes :lol: ..

Edited by Mattzy

/Edit - f**k it. If you could flick me some instructions that would be brilliant.

I was thinking about heating her up, using some grease and then smashing it in.

Then I was going to sort out the castor bushes :lol: ..

In my opinion that is the BS post of the year, love your work hahaha. Will get you some photos tmoro or the next day, its a piece of cake

Yeah yeah, you'll get to try my bosskit soon enough :P (It might even be for sale)

You can try Pete @ Mullin's Tyres - barry's pt rd. He's my alignment/tyre man. Tell him Jonno with the E30 sent you.

Yeah yeah, you'll get to try my bosskit soon enough :P (It might even be for sale)

You can try Pete @ Mullin's Tyres - barry's pt rd. He's my alignment/tyre man. Tell him Jonno with the E30 sent you.

Thanks buddy. If that boss kits up for sale you know it's so mine! Have a good christmas btw dude!

Sweet - Will book it in with Pete next year.

PS - do E30's have any factory camber,castor,toe adjustment?

Thanks,

Matt