Sign in to follow this  
Mattzy

Matts 1988 325i B-road Panda coloured WIP

That thing is COOOL! what headlight bulbs are you using to get that wicked colour? Are they any good?

Hopeflly see you at the cruise aye

Jason

Toit dude, f**king toit!

Still my favourite BS project by far.

I think its like a song you don't like at first, but then start to like it and it ends up being your favourite.

Thats this car and me - wasn't so impressed at the start - thought it was going to be lame, but everytime Matt updates I get more excited.

Can't wait to see this on the road.

Edited by bravo

That's super choice. Wow, the suspension setup got it quite low!

it’s getting closer!

see you at the cruse on anniversary day?

Yeah mate, shouldn’t be too far away from a WOF now (hopefully tomorrow). I took it her for the first drive last night, the rear guards need more beating and the car is in need of a severe alignment. But other than that, and the fact the gearbox sounds like it’s about to grenade.. all the other noises are gone :D

Hopefully I’ll make it to the cruise, otherwise I may have to grab a ride with somebody if anyone's keen for another passenger.

Damn that sux about the shifter! Car is looking awesome tho dude big props! B)

Thanks mate! I sorted it last night. Ghetto removed the balancer and I can now get into reverse! What a wonderful gear!!

Toit dude, f**king toit!

Still my favourite BS project by far.

I think its like a song you don't like at first, but then start to like it and it ends up being your favourite.

Thats this car and me - wasn't so impressed at the start - thought it was going to be lame, but everytime Matt updates I get more excited.

Can't wait to see this on the road.

Haha thanks mate, you and me both. I definately prefer driving cars more than working on them, so I cant wait to get this out on the track.

Maybe if the "best presented award" for the Anniversary day cruise was changed to the "Ugly duckling award" I might have a shot!

That's super choice. Wow, the suspension setup got it quite low!

Thanks buddy, yeah not bad for just shocks and springs. I kind of wish I had adjustables but knowing myself I would just get carried away, sell the interior, build a jungle gym and bolt a turbo on.. I’m trying for sensible this time.. haha :D

the fact the gearbox sounds like it’s about to grenade.. all the other noises are gone :D

I have a spare gearbox that might suit :P

Thanks buddy, yeah not bad for just shocks and springs. I kind of wish I had adjustables but knowing myself I would just get carried away, sell the interior, build a jungle gym and bolt a turbo on.. I’m trying for sensible this time.. haha :D

Heh....I was planning on just shocks and springs. :ph34r:

Q: What size tyres have you got on the front? (I may have missed this in your thread - couldn't find it)

Btw, I reckon I'd rival you for the ugly duckling award, you're lucky my car doesn't go atm :P

Heh....I was planning on just shocks and springs.

LOL u and me both..now look where it has got me, hahahahaha. Its a drug

A drug for sure haha. My E30 was my dads and my sisters car for a while, cant believe i just admited that haha...

And now look where mines heading. So worth it huh guys! Maybe one day i can hit the track with ya mattzy B)

looks good man! nice work. about the shifter fouling, have you removed the housing around the coupling? it's not really necessary and removing it should create the clearance. Just a quick driveshaft removal jobbie

keep up the updates, it's nice to have someone doing something cool to e30s

A drug for sure haha. My E30 was my dads and my sisters car for a while, cant believe i just admited that haha...

And now look where mines heading. So worth it huh guys! Maybe one day i can hit the track with ya mattzy B)

Haha yeah for sure bro, ive got access to a fair few testing days so let me know when you get your project track ready!

looks good man! nice work. about the shifter fouling, have you removed the housing around the coupling? it's not really necessary and removing it should create the clearance. Just a quick driveshaft removal jobbie

keep up the updates, it's nice to have someone doing something cool to e30s

Thanks bud, yep I've pulled the metal outer housing housing off (the heavy balencer type ring) but I left the thin inner ring on (the one the goes around the rubber inner coupling) Does that sound right? I didnt know If that rubber coupling seperated from the inner housing.

How'd you get on with the track day by the way? One of the boys said they got a few nice shots of your car!

Haha yeah for sure bro, ive got access to a fair few testing days so let me know when you get your project track ready!

Hahah yea bro will do... my project track will probably be ready in about 2099 when im old and rich one day.... if that ever happens haha!

Hahah yea bro will do... my project track will probably be ready in about 2099 when im old and rich one day.... if that ever happens haha!

Haha come on mate! Just get stuck in, how much is left to do?

Update:

Got my WOF

Got new Reg

Should be aligned tomorrow

And on Saturday I'll be tidying up all the bits and pieces and will hopefully make it to the cruise on Monday!

Hah my bad I thought you were kidding around and were implying that im going to build a race track as a project for us to practice on lol blonde moment...

But yea nah not alot left to do really, got the car back tonight trailered it in from the farm where the manifold was being made just gotta leak test it sand blast it and paint. Then oil water lines and exhaust, in for tune and then get her all legal bro.

So yea dont think ill be making the cruise like you lol!

But man yours has come along way its looking awesome. Good work matt... oh and make sure u keep blair in order at the meet aye hes trouble :rolleyes:

Luke

oh and make sure u keep blair in order at the meet aye hes trouble :rolleyes:

haha ehhh what ever! :P

yaaya see you on monday :D

Dont give him any alcohol either he will start climbing trees....

:rolleyes:

+1!!!!

and being dangerous with fire!

+1!!!!

and being dangerous with fire!

Hahaha thats right! I think i was asleep by then! Sorry a bit of topic matt lol

Hahaha sounds like we may have more in common than just BMW's!

Alright,

So the dash is mostly back in (bar the stupid gauge cluster trim), steering wheel is on, horn is wired, electric windows working, and the headdeck and speakers are working again.

Still a couple of little things to sort out tomorrow.

Posted Image

Interior lighting!

Posted Image

Tunage!

Posted Image

Working spotlights!

Also there are a few more things to sort out before the panel work starts but that shouldnt be too far off either.

And to be honest black is kind of a boring colour to paint a car.. I mean.. everyone has black! ;)

Red. With sparkles :P

(black would be easier to on sell i guess)

Haha.. I actually saw a choice looking silver that grabbed my eye..

Anyway, I test drove the car this afternoon. And the shifter issues were all sorted!! :D

But... I cant go over 45kms/hr. It feels like the driveshaft is unbalenced and I'll have to get the car up in the air again for another look.. That coupling was in pretty average condition when I removed it so that may be the cuprit.

So no cruise for me.. -_-

But on a good note one of my best mates has also decided to help me with the body work. So we should also be getting that underway shortly!

And on another side note after the test drive - I also need to sort out:

- my non functioning door locks

- intermittent drivers side window electrics

- non functioning passenger rear window electrics

- new valve cover gasket (prolly do this when we I paint the RC)

- new belts

- new plugs

- new badges

- fiberglass bonnet (haha.. what?... its maintainence!)

Just catch a ride with someone man.

This car is comming along so well im mighty impressed.

Since you have decided against black I choose Imola Red. Very original on a E30 not many people have well done up red E30's

Since you have decided against black I choose Imola Red. Very original on a E30 not many people have well done up red E30's

Plus one on the imola red would look badass.

I hardly know anyone dude! If anyones got a spare seat i'd be keen, i dont bite!

Just actually had a look at that red and its pretty sick. Would look good with the E30's black trim and silver wheels.

hmmm!

Noooo on the Imola red no no no.

Edited by tony.