Sign in to follow this  
Mattzy

Matts 1988 325i B-road Panda coloured WIP

Haha, you know what dude... You can have poo brown :D I'd love to paint the wheel centers a really solid red but im keeping this sensible.. or something along those lines!

Yus! The car Apex posted was what I was after. I have appropriate wheels but I wonder how well brown would go with tech1. Also not sure how easily a metallic would be repaired for dings. Also lacking wagon coolness. Sigh, sometimes I should remember that mine's a race car.

You sure you not going brown? It's pretty bad ass....Although that bright silver on your rocker cover would also be bad ass.

German Racing Brown? Also known as Byzanz Metallic.

That doesn't count. It's like a bad spray tan - orange :P j/ks I secretly think your car's choice as.

But seriously, I think Byzanz would look terrible on an E30 :wacko:

Johno - You've seen this eh? (ignore the matte job)

Similar deal, fluro green carge and brown paint job. You made need to go brighter on your cage tho.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Mattzy

Johno - You've seen this eh? (ignore the matte job)

Similar deal, fluro green carge and brown paint job. You made need to go brighter on your cage tho.

Woah! That's cool! Haven't seen it before! I think a clear over that brown would make it darker and would mean I can get away with a darker cage (I like my shade of green).

Either way, check out the GIANT boot spoiler on that car!

Woah! That's cool! Haven't seen it before! I think a clear over that brown would make it darker and would mean I can get away with a darker cage (I like my shade of green).

Either way, check out the GIANT boot spoiler on that car!

Spoiler? No... Shelter.. Yes!

Sure do.. this car got me wanting an E30 Touring in the first place, it was a feature in Performance BMW mag, will dig it out and get some details.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Platenungrun (Plant Green) is a cool colour, my first car was that colour pity about the shape the car was in though :(

post-29-1233254298_thumb.jpg

Edited by RJS

F*ck me that Touring is beautiful!

RJS - That colour looks nice too, it suits the Alpina's (haha look at me using Euro terms! :lol: )

Anyway, I bought some M-tech 2 sideskirts today, just some FRP copies - I'll pick them up tomorrow and see how things look. I also picked up my new plugs, belts, and OEM spec oil filter which means no more squealing belts and oily sparkplugs!!

Shakedown - I took the car for a bit of a hack last night and noticed a few things:

- The steering still doesn't feel that great / direct ( I suspect alignment, maybe I need a 2nd opinion on this)

- Up the top of the rev range the car is emitting white smoke (suspect running lean up top - WTF, fuel pump?)

- Brakes need bleeding again

Fingers crossed I start the body work this weekend, feeling kind of lazy at the moment so maybe I'll just start on some small things.

Next question - Do I keep the chrome trim?

Sorry, can’t be bothered reading threw but recommend Nolithane control arm bushes and a beefy sway bar, tightens things up big time.

Shadowline that trim! Could the woolly steering be a failing steering box?

Sorry, can’t be bothered reading threw but recommend Nolithane control arm bushes and a beefy sway bar, tightens things up big time.

I've got nolathane offset CAB's and new swaybar links.

It doesnt feel like the suspension is vauge, it feels like the steering doesnt talk to me :(

Maybe it doesn't understand you because you're so used to speaking Japanese, not German??? :lol:

Check the rubber bush on the steering linkage between the firewall and the rack - these are prone to failure. Maybe its about to break. :unsure:

Otherwise play in the rack ends or ball joints. It's rack and pinion, should feel pretty direct.

Edited by bravo

The only convienient techII sideskirts I know of are the ones Boyd is/was selling. Should look pimp Matt!

Looks like I'll be heading to a E36 rack sometime soon, you can try my looped one if you want? I don't really have any communication problems with it. Comparatively better than S13 I recently drove.

Maybe it doesn't understand you because you're so used to speaking Japanese, not German??? :lol:

Check the rubber bush on the steering linkage between the firewall and the rack - these are prone to failure. Maybe its about to break. :unsure:

Otherwise play in the rack ends or ball joints. It's rack and pinion, should feel pretty direct.

Haha could potentially be a language thing!

I'll check out the steering bush tonight. I wouldnt think that its rack ends because these are brand new.

Maybe the actual rack itself is on its way out :(

Where did you get your sideskirts from, I need some too!

Trademizzle yo! Ghetto looking replicas

The only convienient techII sideskirts I know of are the ones Boyd is/was selling. Should look pimp Matt!

Looks like I'll be heading to a E36 rack sometime soon, you can try my looped one if you want? I don't really have any communication problems with it. Comparatively better than S13 I recently drove.

They should look good after I tidy them up. They're only FRP copies so im not expecting much intially, but hopefully they're not too far out and I can make em' work. Got them cheap enough so no biggie..

Would be rad if I could try your looped one. Might even get you to take the car for a hack so we can compare things. My suspension feels good, its just the steering that makes me cry myself to sleep.. Haha well you know..

Alright gents!

Its time to prep the car for paint.

Mad props to my friend Ben for helping me with this (dude you and your thrust sanding is epic haha!)

We spent roughly 4 hours working over the car pulling, sanding, bogging and painting (Oh and drinking!). And although we probably have another few hours to still go its definitely looking much much straighter now!

I also shadowninja'd that chrome like you lads said

And I have tried to make this 56k friendly (seriously 56k?!)

Get some:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

One for the ladies..

Posted Image

And one for the road!

Posted Image

Cheers for viewing,

Matt

Edited by Mattzy

Epic

Nice work and some cool shots

Thanks mate!

Deffinatly needs to be Imola Red!

Looking good, when is it going to be painted mate?

Haha it just might be. Or maybe it might not! :lol:

Ah realisticly its about 4+ weeks away..

Before the paint booth I still need to sort out:

Aftermarket rear bumper

Non cracked rear bash bar/bumper thing

Non rusted bonnet

Aftermarket wingmirrors

Borrow my friends guard roller to finish the rear guards

Mock up the sideskirts

Finish the rest of the panel work

+ more?

Mostly it's buying stuff.. Which sucks -_-

Mattzy's guide to building a cool cruiser.

But no on the Imola red!