Sign in to follow this  
Mattzy

Matts 1988 325i B-road Panda coloured WIP

this is got to be one of my favorite threads specially with all the updates and pics and info bigs ups to you mate !!

btw are you going to mtech2 kit it or just leave it with aftermarkter back bumper >

Personally the paint has to be something wild, the rest of the car has mad original touches, so the paint should be no different.

I vote for that lime jungle green on the newest porsche gt3 rs's...like this > http://66.160.188.111/.ee9ded1/cmd.233/enclosure..ee9ded2. with the centres of the wheels gloss black with the silver/polished lip

Edited by Brams

Alright so during my travels to pick up the sideskirts on Saturday the car started leaking coolant. I suspect a coolant hose has given up after crawling through some of Auckland’s fine traffic. Strangely though the leak is coming from the back of the engine :huh: I'll have to jack it up and have a look..

Anyway, I spent most of the weekend drinking (and recovering from the previous nights drinking) so naturally spent more time chilling out than working on the car.

However on Saturday arvo I did start repairing and reinforcing the sideskirts with some more fiberglass. They are still going to need a bit of work, probably some filler and another sanding but should come up pretty nicely once done. (pics to come when I get home)

I also went over the car again and picked up a few more dents, scratches and general blemishes that you would expect from a car that’s done sweet jumps through the odd paddock.

this is got to be one of my favorite threads specially with all the updates and pics and info bigs ups to you mate !!

btw are you going to mtech2 kit it or just leave it with aftermarkter back bumper >

Cheers bro!

I'd like a complete kit but aren’t really fussed. I saw some cool looking FRP front lips on EBay but by the time I get them to my door they are well over $250 nzd. And for fiberglass copies that's hell expensive!

I'm looking at either an Ac schnitzer spoiler or Rieger Infinity lip for the front, but am finding it rather difficult to find different flavours for the rear.

Personally the paint has to be something wild, the rest of the car has mad original touches, so the paint should be no different.

I vote for that lime jungle green on the newest Porsche gt3 rs's...like this > http://66.160.188.111/.ee9ded1/cmd.233/enclosure..ee9ded2. with the centres of the wheels gloss black with the silver/polished lip

Haha I would absolutely love to paint it something mental.. But I’m being sensible.. (ish)

The paint will be a slightly altered BMW colour.

And... Guess! All I’m hinting is that it’s not going to be black ;)

PS - That Porsche is mad!

Alright so during my travels to pick up the sideskirts on Saturday the car started leaking coolant. I suspect a coolant hose has given up after crawling through some of Auckland’s fine traffic. Strangely though the leak is coming from the back of the engine :huh: I'll have to jack it up and have a look..

Stick your hand behind the head from the passenger side of the car and check the heater hoses for the coolant leak. Saves jacking it up.

some interesting kits on here if your interested. pretty cheap too!!!

http://www.autostyle.co.za/prodlist.php?pid=bmw&cid=E30

ps love the car mate... im still looking for that god damn guard though haha! one day!!!

Hmm yeah, I will have to look into importing from SA - Cheers for that dude.

Haha I had a couple of guards when I picked the car up but they had sadly seen much better days. Let me know when you get it and I can give you a hand if you get stuck. (I got both of mine from Pick-A-part for stupidly cheap.. so keep your eyes out!)

Anyway new Aero pics as promised:

I picked the skirts up pretty cheap but things were rather ghetto.

Some monkey had riveted a piece of metal then bogged over it. WTF.. Bog?!.. on FRP?!

So I've started repairing it and with a bit of sanding and filler things should come out pretty nice.

Posted Image

De-bogged and fiberglassing started.

Posted Image

After a quick sanding.

Posted Image

Mocked up

Posted Image

And again!

/Edited - because I dont make sense sometimes.. :lol:

Edited by Mattzy

dam i love this car

personally on the kit side of things, as you are having tech2 side skirts, id go for tech2 all round, they look hot and really change the image of a car completely

I'm looking at either an Ac schnitzer spoiler or Rieger Infinity lip for the front, but am finding it rather difficult to find different flavours for the rear.

most likely already seen this. And now I just advertised it to others :unsure:

Back OT

Are you rockin' them spacers at the back too mate?

Back OT

Are you rockin' them spacers at the back too mate?

Yeah bro for sure!

Kinda thinking I need 20mm's on the rear.. Get some of that -12 offset going on! :lol:

Heard you sold your E30?

Haha epic threads lads.

Cheers for the support!

PS stop bidding on the AC front lip on Trademe ;)

I want your car, like I will be honest wish I built something like this instead :ph34r:

Yeah bro for sure!

Kinda thinking I need 20mm's on the rear.. Get some of that -12 offset going on! :lol:

Heard you sold your E30?

Haha epic threads lads.

Cheers for the support!

PS stop bidding on the AC front lip on Trademe ;)

I have a pair of 25mm bolt-on adaptors if you want to part with some more cash :lol:

Edited by zenetti

Nice project, cool thread

I know matt no need to thank me ... oh I know im just so clever ...

I have found the perfect paint job for your beast B)

Posted Image

:rolleyes:

Somebody shoot whoever owns that thing lol!