Sign in to follow this  
jjs

The Bimmersport Election Poll

The Bimmersport Election Poll  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This could sum up a Labour versas National debate

Father/Daughter Talk

haha I dunno about other degrees but there is a huge amount of help between engineering students. sure there are some lazy ones but generally everyone has there turn at doing the assignment first and sussing out the tough bits. its good to know if something comes up (ie sickness) and you can't get it done on time that a classmate will help you out with it. suits me better than the national system of keep it to yourself and screw everyone else.

Edited by Mike

haha I dunno about other degrees but there is a huge amount of help between engineering students. sure there are some lazy ones but generally everyone has there turn at doing the asignment first and sussing out the tough bits. its good to now if something comes up (ie sickness) and you can't get it done on time that a classmate will help you out with it. suits me better than the national system of keep it to yourself and screw everyone else.

That may be very true. However, when youve got your degree, you have to enter the real world and get a job.

Whose support will you have, to rely on then ??

well thats the point I tried to get through in that post. Sometimes things happens out of your control (like now with the economy costing jobs), and when it does its nice to know that your not going to be up sh*t creek. In honesty I'm pretty much dead center, and wont be particularly upset depending on who wins/loses. I've got the job I wanted at a good wage and would be much better off personally under National, cant playing help playing devil's advocate sometimes though

Edited by Mike

C'mon Glenn, even in the real world people collaborate on projects. I have a good working relationship with plenty of people in my profession including the competition and we all help each other out to some extent from time to time, whether it be advice, staff lending, farming out projects or whatever. in fact this morning the competition rang me and asked for some advice on how to deal with a specific issue with Council. Last week I bludged some gear and another favour off another crowd. And I know you have the same sort of contacts in your business.

If you are a leech and unable to have a go yourself no-one will help you, and it sounds as though Mikes uni class is much the same.

Edited by bravo

I'm starving, can I have some food please?

NO

f**k it. I'll just steal it then.

I was generalising...not having a go at Mike.

I'm all for cooperation, what pisses me off is all the bludgers on the gravy train wanting a free ride... and what do they give in return.... "Fuk all"

National = rich benefit, labour = everyone benefits overall (through equity) too bad most people with money don't give a toss about equity... it's all me, me, me these days. Then everyone wonders why society is turning to sh*t hah!

I was generalising...not having a go at Mike.

I'm all for cooperation, what pisses me off is all the bludgers on the gravy train wanting a free ride... and what do they give in return.... "Fuk all"

Thats the biggest issue i have too Glenn, oop's i need a new fridge, oop's i need to pay the power, trot off down to another Govt. agency & get them to pay for it....ie the taxpayer. Working for families, another load of dribble.....they can't lower taxes across the board but they have money for every scheme imaginable.

National = rich benefit, labour = everyone benefits overall (through equity) too bad most people with money don't give a toss about equity... it's all me, me, me these days. Then everyone wonders why society is turning to sh*t hah!

Not very well put i'm afraid!

Working for families, another load of dribble.....

Now that one I don't like.

It would be very interesting to see just how expensive the scheme is to administer.

Edited by Westy

Thats the biggest issue i have too Glenn, oop's i need a new fridge, oop's i need to pay the power, trot off down to another Govt. agency & get them to pay for it....ie the taxpayer. Working for families, another load of dribble.....they can't lower taxes across the board but they have money for every scheme imaginable.

Working for families tax credit helps promote working, the more you work, the more tax benefits you get, its incentive and I can tell you still, me being a [Edit - keep forgetting I'm no longer 19 :P]20 year old student still consider it to be nothing in the big picture which shows you just how significant it is.

All these tax rebates help minimize the gap between the rich and the poor, without it, we'd have a polarized, crime prevalent society like America with sh*t health outcomes!

Edited by Avenged.SSE

I'm just getting so sick of making gravy...when I dont get any of it

What about the Bill and Ben party? Hahaha after all "No promises means no dissapointment".

Whats Nationals views on students and student loans? Because I really dont want any interest on my $20k student loan...

Right now I would have to say im voting for Labour (sorry to all the people that disagree but its my vote). There are good things and bad things about most parties. Being a student, thats the most important thing for me to consider for this election.

All these tax rebates help minimize the gap between the rich and the poor, without it, we'd have a polarized, crime prevalent society like America with sh*t health outcomes!

Their have always been the have's & the have not's, since i left school i have created wealth thru my own skills, didn't worry about dopey Govt agencies creating more dependants.

Their have always been the have's & the have not's, since i left school i have created wealth thru my own skills, didn't worry about dopey Govt agencies creating more dependants.

You're 100% correct, there always have and always will be. But... this figure can be minimized, much like the Scandanavian nations have done, or it can be increased, as seen in America.

I'm currently still in school (well... uni) and am creating my own wealth, but because of what I'm studying and where I'm working I've come to realize that in nearly all cases, people don't CHOOSE to get minimum pay, and hence have to use WFFTC, similarly people that are unemployed do not CHOOSE to be unemployed, it's often them getting pushed out by society, or not being paid their worth.

The purpose of government agencies is not to create more dependents, they are there to help people survive, the unemployment benefit pays $16k a year, which is less than what I get per year, as a student. If they were really after creating countless dependents they would pay out a hella lot more!

[Edit sorry for the horrible grammar/spelling ~ I'm juggling around a few things atm!]

Edited by Avenged.SSE

Whatever dude, wait till you get to my age....seen enough bullsh t in every walk of life.

Whatever dude, wait till you get to my age....seen enough bullsh t in every walk of life.

I've seen my fair share mate! I've lived in parts of the world where the top end of society get something equivalent to that $16k annual benefit payment, whereas the lower end.... well...

Alot of our so called unemployed actually go out of their way to make themselves unemployable and play the system and get all their support from the softcock brigade...why the hell as a tax payer, should I support this sort of crap. Most people who employ people or generate wealth & pay tax are sick of it. You cant generate income & pay tax by being unemployed or sitting on your arse all day. Genuine people in need, including students, I have no problem with.

Don't you mean; make the rich poor.

Alot of our so called unemployed actually go out of their way to make themselves unemployable and play the system and get all their support from the softcock brigade...why the hell as a tax payer, should I support this sort of crap. Most people who employ people or generate wealth & pay tax are sick of it. You cant generate income & pay tax by being unemployed or sitting on your arse all day. Genuine people in need, including students, I have no problem with.

Yeah I agree with you. Although im really not keen for even more hobos on Queen Street.

But... ask yourself, what is this figure? is it logical that there are lots of people out there craving for a lifestyle supplemented by $16k /year?

I've worked directly with individuals that have/do receive working for families tax credits and indirectly with those who have/do receive benefits, and I can't recall a single case where the person was not genuine in their request....

I'm sure there is a very small percentage of people out there wanting to sit on the benefit and do nothing else, to think otherwise would be stupid, but... I'm also sure there is an equivalent (or higher percentage) of people that falsify GST returns, or don't include interest on their tax returns, or have lots of money stashed overseas without declaring it!

Edited by Avenged.SSE

Too many long words,

Go Labour.

Edited by //James

Don't you mean; make the rich poor.

Not really.... the people who are receiving working for families tax credits are receiving an additional income rebate, it has nothing to do with rich people - in reality, it just makes poor(er) people pay less tax.

[Edit] and even if they were paying out of their own pocket - 95% of the wealth in NZ is owned by the top 50% of society, the bottom 5% have a measly 5% to their name, I doubt it would make the rich poor.

Edited by Avenged.SSE

I can understand why alot try to do that too. If you work hard to accumulate why should you get ripped off by a Govt that acts like the grim reaper and taketh away

I can understand why alot try to do that too. If you work hard to accumulate why should you get ripped off by a Govt that acts like the grim reaper and taketh away

Yeah... but you're not giving away your money to the government, the government distribute your money to make things that the majority of the people here take for granted, like roading, parks, police, fire department etc. Obviously NZ isn't rich enough to support all of this without taxes.

There are places in the world that don't charge you tax, but me personally - I prefer to live here.

Then there's always the motive behind not paying tax, in all honesty, to someone who has $5.8 million, an additional $100k will not make the slightest difference to their lifestyle, yet many people with that sort of wealth continue to falsify the tax department... why? .... greed!