Sign in to follow this  
Golfboy666GTI

E36 BMW 318IS Motorsport, anyone remember the history?

well this may be a little late to add to, plus it was a really interesting find... but this is My car... made a change or two since buying it like the headlights, and now tints.... soon getting the rims touched up and painted black.... many people voice there opinions over the paint color, at first when i saw it i wasnt too much of a fan... but now i love it it's taken a year or two to grow on me though, haha,

oh btw in case you were thinking, i bought it in chch before i moved up north.... so anyone in auckland will see it in the Waitakere area very often

I think I saw you at Hyper getting some tints done??

I was like Hmmmm i've seen that e36 on bimmersport discussions before haha!

Mine was the e36 with the rusty bonnet and orange wheels.

I think I saw you at Hyper getting some tints done??

I was like Hmmmm i've seen that e36 on bimmersport discussions before haha!

Mine was the e36 with the rusty bonnet and orange wheels.

haha now thats funny as.... caught red handed in the act... i cant get away with anything in this car... maybe the color is TOO noticeable :D:blink:

I like it the more i look at it man.... many people dont believe me when i tell 'em that it's factory paint job, the only things that are not stock standard on this car anymore are my headlights and now the window tints, (I've kept the original lights though as for someday i may refit them)

I like the colour. Different is good :D But i prefer the stock lights. My 2 c

(I've kept the original lights though as for someday i may refit them)

Today would be a good day for that.

yeah i just dont like the standard headlights that much... if they were the angel eyes style then yeah i would have kept them, but the originals this had just dont cut it for me.... I know these ones are a different style for a BMW to have, but it's just a matter of opinion really to who likes them or not, I know allot of people wont, a small amount will, it's just like the paint job really, allot dislike it more than like it.

:)

I saw a white one here is HB a few weeks ago. Ive never seen a white one before.

Have this one for sale at $8500.

One of 16 J Clayton brought in from SA. Fully M Speced in 4 different colours named after race tracks ie. Macau, Avus,Dakkar etc..

post-1470-1233800193_thumb.jpg

My son has another one.

Those numbers have to incorrect dont they Ray?

Other versions of numbers of NZ new 318is Motorsport is 50, 10 of 5 different colours, but that has to be incorrect as well because these are the colours Ive seen in NZ:

Fiji Green

Apline White

Dakar Yellow

Bright Red

Arctic Silver

Techno Violet

Cosmos Black

Boston Green

Avus Blue

Does anyone know the correct numbers/colours that were imported new into NZ?

saw a fiji green sedan on the motorway heading towards the hutt the other week.... certainly stands out!

saw a fiji green sedan on the motorway heading towards the hutt the other week.... certainly stands out!

You didn't manage to catch the plate did you?

I didn't sadly . ill keep about eye out tho

Well because no one can tell me how many NZ new SA built E36 318is Motorsports were sold in NZ Ive decided to put a list together. So far I have 18 of them.

If you have one or have owned one, and dont mind passing on the details of it, please PM me :)

Interestingly, 17 of the 18 cars are 1998's. The 18th car is a 1997 in white, maybe an evaluation model?

Well because no one can tell me how many NZ new SA built E36 318is Motorsports were sold in NZ Ive decided to put a list together. So far I have 18 of them.

If you have one or have owned one, and dont mind passing on the details of it, please PM me :)

Interestingly, 17 of the 18 cars are 1998's. The 18th car is a 1997 in white, maybe an evaluation model?

Let me know if you need any help dealer side, I think this is a bloody good idea.

Di you see the cheap on on TM last night? Looks like it's gone already.

Let me know if you need any help dealer side, I think this is a bloody good idea.

Di you see the cheap on on TM last night? Looks like it's gone already.

Cool, thanks for your offer.

This is the cheap car: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=401263042

It was purchased with the buy now, the res was the starting bid, somewhere around $3,850 if I recall correctly?

you can add mine to the list, 1998 nz new

Edited by 3SeriesMotorSport

i know of another 98 one in black

Apart from colour anything that great about these ? Do they have LSD?

Is this 'one' ?

TM link

Yip, thats one. I dont think they have LSD's but I could be wrong.

In my eyes they are as much of a BMW model as say an E30 M325i.

No LSD in the IS, motorsport kit, interior and wheels.