Sign in to follow this  
melowpuf

Bagging the Police

There seems to be alot of moaning and groaning and whinging and whining about how much the cops are being expletive this and expletive that and a one of these and one of those.

Well I just had my license suspended for 28 days. Why?? because I was being a dickhead. I was exceeding the speed limit, speeding, going stupidly fast, enjoying the scenery whizzing past at about that many km/h. I got to the top of the hill after backing off the throttle, slowing down before I get to the corner and traffic which is always there at peak hour. (Grafton gully is good like that) Looked in the rear view mirror and there was this little Bmw motorbike with christmas decorations all over it flashing, way back in the distance. Sitting in the traffic he pulls up beside my window and Politely tells me to follow him once we get around the corner.

Pull over behind him and he informs me that there are a couple of problems. The first being my speed coming up the hill and secondly my car has had its warrant and registration on hold for 2 years and is in effect expired.

Luckily I had been to get my warrant and registration on the car yesterday, and it hadn't been put into the system yet. I have just finished fixing it and got it back on the road. It was my first drive into work on it today. He looked at the wof sticker and saw that it was a new one and also had a current registration label. So he said ok your a good young man, BUT the speeding. Unfortunately he had to take my license from me. Ok thats fair enough.

Asked where I was heading, I told him i was heading back to where I live. That's a long way is there someone nearby who can come and collect you? No officer all my family live a long way from here. Hrmmm it would be a bit mean to make you find your way home from here. I'll follow you home. Thank you very much mister police man.

Half an hour later he pulls into my driveway behind me and we start yacking away about Bmw's and silly speeding episodes we had done over the years, his past tickets for speeding and losing his license and lucky escapes from the eye of the law.

Gave me the paperwork took my license, and off he went on his merry little way.

It would be pleasant if the rest of the police force was like that man.

I havn't started this topic to encourage slagging of the police force, instead I have started it to Thank the Police for doing a job in which there is a high chance of being killed, especially in today's society.

So please do not start bagging them in replies to this, Instead tell us your pleasant experiences with them.

So yes today I would like to thank that police man on the motorbike who caught me speeding and took my license off me, because I was breaking the law. He was kind enough to let me continue home to save me the expense and hassle of having to have the car transported home again or some one to come and collect me, and the compliment on my cars. Thanks :D

Edited by melowpuf

I take it we're not car-pooling to work with you on Monday then? Haha ;)

It sucks that you lose your license, but I'm glad your taking it in your postive stride though!

Heh can I car pool with you??? heh :P yes the car is on the market now. has to go she is a bad influence. She just sounds so good screaming.

So yeah anyone want to buy a Black e34 535i genuine low k engine/gearbox/lsd full electric memory leather interior? Watch out though she's a bit naughty

Edited by melowpuf

Very interesting story!

Just out of curiosity, was this policeman a younger or older aged man?

I would estimate that he would have been in his early to mid 30's. He loves driving, joined because he could ride his bike all day long and get paid for it. Someone who you could be friends with.

yep, most of the dealings I've had with the law have been pretty pleasant. Mainly I think because I've had nothing to hide so am happy to answer any question (however stupid it's seemed to me at the time) they'd like to know.

If your fully co-operating, have broken no laws, there's not a thing they can legally do. One key word in that last sentence....

Anyways, I'd rather they were there than not! Good thred. :P

Edited by BLACK DORIS

Guest Simon*

Well done Lance

This is quite a timely thread as I've gotten a bit sick of the cop-bashing too. I agree with you mate, fair cop, you were in the wrong and probably got off relatively lightly even.

I have gotten two speeding tickets in the last 6 months or so and they were definitely my fault too :) I won't complain about them. The police are only human too, and they can hardly ignore you shooting past them way too fast or just let you off with a kind word and a smile.

Neither ticketing was particularly unpleasant, and I tried at all times to be cooperative and polite, and find this a good approach as on both occasions they knocked at least 10k's off the reported speed. My old man was in the cops for years so I've always had a lot of respect for them, it is a thankless job.

yep, most of the dealings I've had with the law have been pretty pleasant. Mainly I think because I've had nothing to hide so am happy to answer any question (however stupid it's seemed to me at the time) they'd like to know.

If your fully co-operating, have broken no laws, there's not a thing they can legally do. One key word in that last sentence....

Anyways, I'd rather they were there than not! Good thred. :P

One word missing from your post, which is lacking in most of society these days is RESPECT. Respect and co-operation will get you along way up the creek if you've got no paddle. I sound as old as Glenn :P

And TomT stop singing into your hair brush and dancing round like Aretha Franklin. Your scaring the children.

Well done Lance

This is quite a timely thread as I've gotten a bit sick of the cop-bashing too. I agree with you mate, fair cop, you were in the wrong and probably got off relatively lightly even.

I have gotten two speeding tickets in the last 6 months or so and they were definitely my fault too :) I won't complain about them. The police are only human too, and they can hardly ignore you shooting past them way too fast or just let you off with a kind word and a smile.

Neither ticketing was particularly unpleasant, and I tried at all times to be cooperative and polite, and find this a good approach as on both occasions they knocked at least 10k's off the reported speed. My old man was in the cops for years so I've always had a lot of ----->****respect****<------ for them, it is a thankless job.

There's that word :D you must be old too Simon. I wish he knocked 10k's off mine I would still have a license then.

Guest Simon*

There's that word :D you must be old too Simon. I wish he knocked 10k's off mine I would still have a license then.

Just wise beyond my years pal ;)

Just wise beyond my years pal ;)

I am banning myself from buying a 540i till i'm 28, I will have hopefully weakened the muscles in my right foot by then. However it is very very weak at the moment and will be for the next 2 years??? untill these yucky demerit points go away.

Guest Simon*

I am banning myself from buying a 540i till i'm 28, I will have hopefully weakened the muscles in my right foot by then. However it is very very weak at the moment and will be for the next 2 years??? untill these yucky demerit points go away.

Haha ok now that you mention it maybe I'm not THAT wise - still far too much foot strength remaining :mellow:

Just have to console myself with getting to 100k in about 6 seconds and being a bit smarter about where and when I go fast.

so were keeping the the 520 then???

so were keeping the the 520 then???

Muahahahaha No thats the roller for your back lawn to keep it smooth, I am destined to my Nifty Fifty's for 2 years. I will have to watch out around schools because i can still exceed the speed limit there *just* by about 5km/h.

Can I still drive the lawn roller in your paddock even if I don't have a license??

I've always had a lot of respect for them, it is a thankless job.

Too true Simon, Greg and I both know a Cop from Napier, Who use to work with us, and still does on occasion, they take so much BS from the public when all they are doing is what theyre paid to do.

After hearing a few of his stories about the crap hes been through and situations hes been in, IMO they dont get anywhere near the respect or $$$ that they deserve for the job that they do.

f*ck the police (aimed at doug)

they've always been good to me, apart from once or twice

I was blatantly speeding through an intersection in botany to get through the lights, obviously my car isn't the quietest...and a cop was filling up at the bp (near glenns workshop). He chased me about 3km down the rd after he'd filled up...and ended up giving me a warning.

I suppose he didn't catch my speed, and couldn't do me for that, but I was still shitting myself wondering what would happen etc.

Pleasant enough guy, as already mentioned, respect them and cooperate, and chances are they might go easy on you (in my experience anyway).

If your driving a vehicle that has no WOF or rego, or driving a vehicle that is not up to WOF standard, the chances are... you will get pulled up, especially if your car is a "magnet" or your doing something stupid. Its their job, thats what they are paid to do, pull you up, ticket you and get you or your car off the road so you dont kill yourself or others.

Think about it, thats what we expect them to do as tax payers

The problem is, so many people these days have forgotten a few words in our english dictionary, like, Sir & Maam and the meaning of respect and self dissapline is not taught to people in schools anymore.

I personally dont think the officers these days are hard enough.. they are quite restrained in comparison to other countries, even Australia. Watch Cops on TV.

I have alot to do with the police around where I work and the local community. You should talk to an officer and youd be amazed at what they have to put up with and the restraints they have to work with.

They do an excellent job under the circumstances and you'll find, if you show respect it will be recipricated. Get lippy, and you deserve everthing you get. Its only human nature to react negatively to someone that cant show respect towards you... I know I do... and I'm getting less tolerant to people not showing common descent manners.

If you dont want a hard time from officers or others, take a few lessons on the subject and these strange words I've just mentioned.

BTW I dont like bagging full stop, police officers, other members and other repairers, suppliers or institutions

However, politicians are exempt.... bag away :P

Personaly, and its only my opinion, I think these bagging threads should be removed immediately. If you want a shoulder to cry on, try your mum, GF, BF or wife, I'm sure they will give you the consulation your looking for. I really dont think you'll find it here.

Edited by *Glenn*

HEHEHE

HeLloooo Mr Officer Sir *cheeky grin* have I been a bad bad girl? Mr Officer Sir you got a prudey name, I bet you love hearing it... Right! *cheeky grin*

I'm going to try this one next time and see what he does, joking obviously, but I'm over bitching at them so may as well make them feel uncomfortable in another way.

As for the females, just ignore them.

On a side note, my parents dairy got robbed by a young boy last Monday, a woman and male cop came to the rescue, finding him at his home in the shower. The boy ran outside to the park where the male cop ran through a wasp nest and decided that was better to fight and the woman jumped on the boy, then the boy started bashing her in the face, knocking her about 50 odd times they are saying. She was helpless, the boy started running then more cops arrived and set the dog on him, he bashed one of their dogs and strangled it round its neck.

Anywho, point is, women should not be cops if they can not get a boy on the ground and hold him there.

He was a small scrawny 16year old. The women had been in hospital for 3 days.

The boy stole a packet of chips.

adding to the respect thing, i have seen cops do quite a few things and have noticed they quite often have double standards. ie. i was walking up the street the other night about 11 at night. i heard this car screaming round the corner, along comes a cop. doing around 80 to 90 in a 50. rips up the handbrake and does a u.e in the middle of the street and leaves abit of smoke as he leaves. no lights no sirens nothing. and a few times in courtney place where they take a situation and blow it right out of proportion beating the s***t out of someone who was trying to brake up a fight. but i guess it is a case of a few ruin it for the rest. but i can understand why they are not respected

I'm sorry, I think some people have missed the purpose of this thread.

It was not started for people to add more self pity stories about why they got pulled over in their car with no wof/reg, cut springs, bald tyres, illegally modified cars, and with an attitude like they have just fallen out of the ghetto and wonder why the Police are being so thorough with their inspection. The above examples are not in reference to any one person/incident/car/post on here, but a multitude of incidents/people/cars and posts on BS lately.

The Police have a job to do, like most of us on here, its what they are paid to do. A job where they could easily not return home to their families at night, A sh*t job to be quite honest where they are not given to power to use the force required sometimes to stop themselves being pummeled helplessly or even killed.

I'm sorry but I really didn't like one of the previous posts in regards to a Policewoman who was beaten, that poor PoliceWoman who was pummeled. I'm sure she wasn't forced into joining the Police, she joined at her own will probably because she was a good person who wanted to put her effort in to try and protect you, me, your parents and everyone else you know from little so and so's like that and try to make your community safer. There should be no questions about how big and strong you are or what gender you are, if you are willing to put your time and effort as well as your life on the line and be a Police officer you should be given the right equipment to enable you to defend yourself in situations like this, if that involves deadly force then so be it. Any decent citizen would never put themselves in a situation where a Police officer would have to use such force, and for those who put themselves in this position I guess it would soon start to slowly weed them out of society.

Once again I add my thankfulness to the Police force we have.

Well to be honest.

Everyone out there better be careful.

Number plate recognition is coming to all New Zealand Police cars very shortly.

The computers in the cars (already been trialled in Auckland) will be connected to devices which can read registration numbers by just driving past vehicles. The computer will automatically query vehicle registrations and check for Licence Expiry’s, WOF or if the vehicles driving past are in any way of interest to Police.

Also, out of concern for public safty, don't be stupid. Just get a warrant of fitness.

Agree with the fact that any fit person should be allowed to join the force. Had that woman been given better protection (a tazer, or even a 9mm) that little prick would have got what he deserved, and she would be out there patrolling today. You can't expect the government to expect to fight crime if the cops don't feel like they have the necessary tools to do so. I say give the community officers (not traffic cops) guns after a mandatory amount of time... say 2 years after being in the force.

But yeah, if you are pleasant to the police there will never be a problem. In fact they will often help you out as mentioned in previous posts.

I was driving my mates around last night... speeding. There were 5 boxes of beer blatantly sitting in the car, the cop gave me the ticket didn't lecture me on my driving, let us keep the piss and sent us on our way. Respect always gets respect.

I was driving my mates around last night... speeding. There were 5 boxes of beer blatantly sitting in the car, the cop gave me the ticket didn't lecture me on my driving, let us keep the piss and sent us on our way. Respect always gets respect.

How is that respect? You did not respect the law but you think you respected the cop giving you the ticket? Bit backwards really, but if it makes you feel good.

As for women being cops, I still don't think its their place, sorry if your girlfriend or family member is a police women, don't take it personally, its just my opinion.

As for women being cops, I still don't think its their place, sorry if your girlfriend or family member is a police women, don't take it personally, its just my opinion.

That is your opinion which you are entitled to, I respect it. I somewhat agree with it to a certain degree in regards to the whole safety aspect, but what happened to that officer could have happened to any other police officer male or female. Some of those female officers I would place money on over some of the men strength and agility wise.