Sign in to follow this  
melowpuf

Bagging the Police

Never had any problem with police officers whatsoever. Never been pulled over or anything like that. I'm guessing that's probably because I don't look ghetto, my car isn't g'd up and I don't do anything stupid with it.

most police are hard arses for a reason. alot of them expect you to be lippy before they even make it to your window. which is unfortunate because when the cop starts to be a d*ck straight away it is VERY hard for the driver not to give sh*t back.

police assume you are going to be difficult because the last 20 modified car drivers they pulled over were smart arse lil youths.

i respect police alot and the law and funnily enough i havent had trouble with either.

Had that woman been given better protection (a tazer, or even a 9mm) that little prick would have got what he deserved, and she would be out there patrolling today.

I'm wondering if being wet makes any difference to the tazers? Like bigger sparks or steam maybe!

QUOTE (kingkarl @ Jan 31 2009, 12:54 PM)

I was driving my mates around last night... speeding. There were 5 boxes of beer blatantly sitting in the car, the cop gave me the ticket didn't lecture me on my driving, let us keep the piss and sent us on our way. Respect always gets respect.

hahahahaha classic what a good cop

On a side note, my parents dairy got robbed by a young boy last Monday, a woman and male cop came to the rescue, finding him at his home in the shower. The boy ran outside to the park where the male cop ran through a wasp nest and decided that was better to fight and the woman jumped on the boy, then the boy started bashing her in the face, knocking her about 50 odd times they are saying. She was helpless, the boy started running then more cops arrived and set the dog on him, he bashed one of their dogs and strangled it round its neck.

Anywho, point is, women should not be cops if they can not get a boy on the ground and hold him there.

He was a small scrawny 16year old. The women had been in hospital for 3 days.

The boy stole a packet of chips.

Yeah I always wondered why female cops had less physical requirements to get in. At the end the day, female or male cop, they both need to do the same job.

Hi

Positive police stories.

(1) 2 years ago Doing 126kph as I left Wiaouru heading north. Stoped by policeman going south (heading home for dinner) Police man (proably mid 40's) appoligies for ruining my evening and siad if it had been under 120 he would have ignored it but 126 was too fast. I agreed, said it was my fault, and that he didn't need to applogies. Thanked me for my attitude - wrote speed down as 116kph.

(2) Stopped in Mt Mauganui by police woman about 30ish. I was doing 70kph in a 50kph zone (the beach side road heading for Papomoa) in May. Explained I haddn't seen a speed sign for a while I thought 70kph seemed reasonable in conditions. Agreed - asked me to pay more attendtion to the signs and let me off.

(3) Fantastic response at 2am in the morning when my car window was smashed recently.

I try to keep to under 110kph, and try to not to exceed 120kph when passing these days. I consider myself vastly reformed compared to how i used to drive. Had to sell my CBR1100 last years as I could control my speed in the car, but it was much harder on the bike. I couldn't trust myself on the bike so sold it. Thankfully i didn't need a policeman point out the error of my ways and learn by loosing my licence, or perhaps worse. Seeing my kids grow up is worth more to me than some silly thrill speeding.

when i was 16 i got caught going 137kph racing down bealey ave at 7pm delivering pizzas afterschool. my excuse was the pizzas were getting cold. he laughed, called me a little wanker (true) gave me the spiel and told me and to get back to work. best cop ever?

when i was 16 i got caught going 137kph racing down bealey ave at 7pm delivering pizzas afterschool. my excuse was the pizzas were getting cold. he laughed, called me a little wanker (true) gave me the spiel and told me and to get back to work. best cop ever?

:o thats crazy man, especially on Bealy... at 7pm!!

That is one mellow cop.

117km yesterday. $120. Cop didn't ask me about the lowering height, tints or anything else. Good bloke. Only took 5 minutes of my time when he pulled me over

117km yesterday. $120. Cop didn't ask me about the lowering height, tints or anything else. Good bloke. Only took 5 minutes of my time when he pulled me over

How many demerit points have you got now Peter ??

Simple policy when dealing with the law, tell them nothing....have instructed the kids if ever stopped or questioned etc, tell them nothing & call me.

edit: trust is good, security is better

Edited by mr E34

How many demerit points have you got now Peter ??

Zero. Check me up if you like. Im clean :)

police assume you are going to be difficult because the last 20 modified car drivers they pulled over were smart arse lil youths.

But that still doesnt give you the right to be difficult does it? Typical NZ blame culture....its always someone elses fault....'the last guy gave you grief so that means I can aswell'.

When are people going to grow up and take responsibility for their OWN actions? Its what you do as an INDIVIDUAL that counts.

In order to GET respect you have to SHOW respect. Some people GET respect without question and one of them is the police. You give them grief and as far as Im concerned you deserve all you get.

Ive been pulled over several times, twice because the WOF had run out (to be fair it was the wifes car on both occasions so I didnt know, and it was only a couple of days) but you dont get lippy you accept what they have to say because you are in the wrong.

I explained the situation and assured them it would be sorted straight away and that was the end of it.

Cops let me off all the time because I'm so super cool.

But that still doesnt give you the right to be difficult does it? Typical NZ blame culture....its always someone elses fault....'the last guy gave you grief so that means I can aswell'.

When are people going to grow up and take responsibility for their OWN actions? Its what you do as an INDIVIDUAL that counts.

In order to GET respect you have to SHOW respect. Some people GET respect without question and one of them is the police. You give them grief and as far as Im concerned you deserve all you get.

Ive been pulled over several times, twice because the WOF had run out (to be fair it was the wifes car on both occasions so I didnt know, and it was only a couple of days) but you dont get lippy you accept what they have to say because you are in the wrong.

I explained the situation and assured them it would be sorted straight away and that was the end of it.

i understand wat ur sayin but its hard to show respect wen just because i hav 'big rims and dark tints' cops treat me like im a lil a-hole befor he has even askd me for my lisence

i understand wat ur sayin but its hard to show respect wen just because i hav 'big rims and dark tints' cops treat me like im a lil a-hole befor he has even askd me for my lisence

Unfortunately, some of you younger people are being targeted because your cars appear to be targets by the police. And with what has happened recently...its just going to have to be put up with... just harden up and be nice

You know, even if someone is being nasty to you. If you act polite through the whole episode 9 times out of 10 the situation is diffused.

With police, If your honest and co-operative, they will be fine. If they call you names / or get all up in your sh*t, don't react.

When my band was touring through aussie recently, we had one of our security tags removed. So we wanted to get the bag searched.

We had a customs officer who was trying to create a situation sighting GST this that and the rest with our band gear and unfortunitly my brother didnt know how to react to this and got all defensive. We got him out of situation and start awnsering the questions with yes or no awnsers.

Everything turned out fine and we were let through.

Zero. Check me up if you like. Im clean :)

Now how does that work man...

How can you be pulled over, get a speeding ticket and NOT get slapped 20 demerit points (20k 10-20km/h over speed limit)?

p.s. how can you check?

Says on the ticket i think. I don't think they HAVE to give you demerits? I dno. He never mentioned them, and there's nothing on the ticket but Ill triple check when i get to my car after work.

Says on the ticket i think. I don't think they HAVE to give you demerits? I dno. He never mentioned them, and there's nothing on the ticket but Ill triple check when i get to my car after work.

Yes, there is one on EVERY ticket (trust me I know :().

It has a big table in the middle usually with the speeds and demerit points associated with them.

You would have lost 20 for that offense.

you got 2 years from now and 80 to go (provided thats your first), good luck!

Edited by crazyarab

bugger.. ill confirm that when i get to teh car. Ive only ever had 3 speeding fines now. Two in this car, one in the famila

Guest Spottswoode

I'd just like to thank the cop that stopped on SH1 yesterday when Tom's gearbox shat itself. No mention of europlates at all :lol:

Guest Simon*

I'd just like to thank the cop that stopped on SH1 yesterday when Tom's gearbox shat itself. No mention of europlates at all :lol:

Manual conv time?

What is it with you boys and gearboxes?!!

lol i saw a woman changing her top while driving at 100kph on the northwestern today... she had pink bra lol

i guess women really can do 2 things at once