Sign in to follow this  
Gus

The Z3

I want one, anyone here have any wisdom to share about model choice, buying etc. I'm thinking a 2.2 would be enough?

hairdresser/homo comments more than welcome, as long as they don't detract from any useful info people have

Are you going to buy one in the UK or NZ Gus ??

Personally... if I was buying one I'd go for the M Coupe or M Roadster

Edited by *Glenn*

in the UK. An M is way out of the question, hopefully a 2.8, maybe a 2.0 or 2.2. Insurance on a 2.5 e30 is killing me

it's way too sunny in NZ for a cabby! plus, i already have one..kindof

it's more for Europe tripping..could be nice

I imported an 2001 2.2l Z3 a couple of years ago. The car was great to drive but sit in one first if you are over 6ft tall. The car sounded fine on the outside but I found the power was not matched to the noise so don't expect to drag people off at the lights. If I had the choice again, I would pay the extra and go for the 2.8l motor without a doubt. Both are 6 cylinder but the power is a better match. I sold it after 12 months and bought a 3.0 Z4 and that was a fantastic car for power / performance.

If you are looking around, don't be put off by the discoloured rear window. It is a $500 fix to get a new one sewn in and a lot safer to drive with. Electric seats are good option if you have a partner driving it too.

Boot space in EU while tripping around would have to be a negative though. Look for the heated seat option if you are keeping it till winter lol.

The Audi TT is gay but the Z3 is a male car thanks to James Bond.

What is it with you Gus??

SL500

z3

What's next mx5?

What is it with you Gus??

SL500

z3

What's next mx5?

I'm in the same boat sorry to say :)

If you're going to get a Z3 then the M Coupe should be your only consideration :P

that or join the hot hatch revolution over there. Oh and ... Gay much ?

Guest Simon*

Will you drive round with a sign in it saying "No homo!"

But seriously have you sat in one? They're a short man's car (slash hairdresser)

2.8.... It's as much power as i would want in any small relatively unsafe car. They can look really good really quickly with the right wheels too.

Did they come in a 2.5? that would definitely do as well. 2.2 adequate- 1.9 lethargic (and this coming from a 316i lover!)

I imported an 2001 2.2l Z3 a couple of years ago. The car was great to drive but sit in one first if you are over 6ft tall. The car sounded fine on the outside but I found the power was not matched to the noise so don't expect to drag people off at the lights. If I had the choice again, I would pay the extra and go for the 2.8l motor without a doubt. Both are 6 cylinder but the power is a better match. I sold it after 12 months and bought a 3.0 Z4 and that was a fantastic car for power / performance.

If you are looking around, don't be put off by the discoloured rear window. It is a $500 fix to get a new one sewn in and a lot safer to drive with. Electric seats are good option if you have a partner driving it too.

Boot space in EU while tripping around would have to be a negative though. Look for the heated seat option if you are keeping it till winter lol.

The Audi TT is gay but the Z3 is a male car thanks to James Bond.

Im pretty sure I went for a ride in that Light blue 3.0 Z4?, Had a very tight/hard spring setup in it from memory (handled very well) Was a very nice car indeed.

I would need at least the 2.8l

Just out of curiosity, whats the average on the insurance for the e30? Wouldn't a bigger motor cost you more? Or is it going on age?

z3 2.8 or go Z4!

we would no longer be friends.

we would no longer be friends.

Upgrade to Lovers??? A Bummersport Civil Onion on the way?? You will have to make sure you get matching white framed OTT sunglasses to complete the look in the Z3 and go for the 1.9l I hear they are fabulous darling.

Im not sure about the interior in some of these things

But hey, if she goes fast and likes it hard. Do it

Posted Image

yeah, the interiors are minging. i'm still digging the idea! won't happen for at least a year though

Just out of curiosity, whats the average on the insurance for the e30? Wouldn't a bigger motor cost you more? Or is it going on age?

z3 2.8 or go Z4!

My 1986 Rx7 cost me 70quid over there. But they wanted 1G up front for insurance!! So my theory was if I crash I get out and run away. I think that is pretty much North London's theory too. Well it was in the Cricklewood Massive anyway.

Me grandfather has the 1900cc version and while its probably a good car it definetley lacks in power for a sports car. Go the 2.8 version, loads more punch I'd say.