Sign in to follow this  
drifty325i

Insurance quote for the v8

Just got a quote back from Classiccover insurance, its pretty dam good if you ask me

Premium:

$367.97

Excess: $500.00 Additional $500.00 excess until you are 25 yrs old

Additional Notes: Quote Subject to:

- No drivers <25 yrs of age.

- Vehicle to be garaged when not in use.

- Mileage limit: 5,000kms per yr – can be extended for additional premium

What do you guys think? This is not my daily, and as you no i dont use it that often. Im really happy with the price and they were great to deal with

Riley

Take it quick!

Underwritten by Vero too.

Edited by westy

I was pretty shocked at the price, I even asked the lady if that premium was a month lol

Can I have their contact details please Riley ? My insurance is due now

Yeah - they are good people as the premium's are very low, although never had to claim from them so couldn't be sure...

www.classiccover.co.nz

Riley - for what it's worth my 2002 (insured as a race car, to be street registered, with a turbo) is even cheaper! JiB, who is under 25, has his track car insured with them for too ... no problems.

(edit) It's full cover, and includes glass and spares (although not glass on a race car). It doesn't cover you actually at the track, and the low mileage limit, garaging restrictions, and general wording about not being used daily are an important part of the insurance terms.

Edited by CamB

Wow that price is great! That's under a quater of mine.

How old are you Riley and is this agreed value insurance mate, if so for how much?

I'm currently with classic cover but am about to switch to Swann who use IAG.

The car club I'm in were approached by Swann and here's some quotes ( note the big one, trackday cover :))

We have had an approach from Swann Insurance as below. They are a major sponsor of the Auckland All Ford Day and sent me a message after the sponsors night.

The rates below are for full cover. Fire/Theft/Transit rates are cheaper.

Anybody interested? They are willing to do a presentation to us anytime or even at the All Ford Day if we want.

Some basic prices are:

Up to $18,000.00 full cover is $250.00 per year, unlimited mileage,Roadside assistance,Full glass cover,Track day cover.

$20,000.00=$278.00

$25,000.00=$318.00

$30,000.00=$358.00

$35,000.00=$378.00

$40,000.00=$398.00

Thats cheap!! Im 24, turning 25 in a few months, agreed value is $15k

I was about to ask what people thought about Classic Cover.

Just received an online quote of $320.00 per year for my E36 which was about $200 cheaper than who im currently with (AMI).

Think the only thing that I wasnt keen on was the 5000k per year limit but that can be increased thus increasing the premium.

Hi-Tek - That rough price guide from Swann seems pretty competitive.

The club is the Ford RS owners club (I'm still a member of the club even though I sold my Sierra Cosworth)

The quote I got from Swann for the E30 M3 agreed value of $50,000 unlimited mileage,Roadside assistance,Full glass cover,Track day cover is $439 per year with 20% off for being a member of the RS owners club, total $351 per year.

Even without the 20% discount it's bloody good and the trackday cover is almost too good to be true.

wholy hell ^^^^

That is an outstanding price even without the discount.

Think I might look at getting a quote from Swann

^

Yea that's what I thought and I was extremely happy with Classic cover insurance before I got these quotes.

http://www.swanninsurance.co.nz/

IAG are their underwriters so that's all good I guess.

To be honest I'd say they'd offer the same discount if you told them you were a member of the BMW Club of New Zealand too.

Edited by Hi-Tek

My quote from classiccover was $317 for the Schnitzer with same conditions as already mentioned & they actually increased the value by $2k over my stated value.

When I bought the car NZI cover for 2 mths cost me $104 ie $624 pa -WTF-never had a claim & 25 is a distant memory HAHA

If its IAG i would be careful.

They are one of the companies in the States that were bailed out by the US Govt and they gave most of the cash for bonus's to the Board Members. I will agree that MOST of the Member of the Board gave the cash back it just gets me that they would even consider giving the bail out money as bonus's.

AND they are the owners of State insurance (bet you thought the NZ Govt own them) so they might be on the same rate, policy wise.

If its IAG i would be careful.

They are one of the companies in the States that were bailed out by the US Govt and they gave most of the cash for bonus's to the Board Members. I will agree that MOST of the Member of the Board gave the cash back it just gets me that they would even consider giving the bail out money as bonus's.

AND they are the owners of State insurance (bet you thought the NZ Govt own them) so they might be on the same rate, policy wise.

Thats AIG (american international group).

IAG (insurance australia group) is a completely different company.

Guest Ari Gold

Impressive quote, take it!

Edited by Ari Gold

Cheap! I thought I was getting a good deal on my car with all mods at $400-odd with $600 excess for over 25 and full license and value around $8k. Although mine isn't classic cover, so I can do more miles (and I do about 8-10k a year so don't qualify).

Swann sounds really really good. Might give them a call.

Awesome deal Riley - go for it

Just waiting on the paper work now :) I hope my speeding fines dont change there mind lol

Good Work Riley, I will be giving these guys a call when the Datsun Turbo is running !

Awesome deal Riley - go for it

I have just received a quote for my CSI of $310 at an agreed value of $30k.

I have been paying almost three times that through Medical Assurance Society !!!(everything else I have with them is good value)

Don't feel so bad that it's costing $2.5k to have my windscreen replaced now. :rolleyes: