Sign in to follow this  
|ncary

M325i vs SR20DET.

It looks really good Henare. M-tech 1s do it better eh.

It looks really good Henare. M-tech 1s do it better eh.

Hellz yeah. Hey Henry, could you post up a close up picture of your front quarter? I'm wondering if the trim at the ends of the front bumper are any different to normal PFL. (This is so I can put my tech1 on without duct tape :lol:)

Picture for the JiB.

And more testing concludes that the car is ultra stable and great over midcorner bumps.

post-1573-1245966335_thumb.jpg

Ok. This car is AMAZING. Worth every dollar. It's amazing with crap tires on the back...

Glad another person has seen the light and your enjoying it.

Great handling is far more satisfying on the road that lots of power.

Once you get out of the skids phase of your system having loads of grip and cornering ability is far more fun.

Haha yeah I got tired of it quick yesterday.. Put 4 good tires on and the g-forces are epic compared to 3 months ago. I think the S50 swap will be pushed back to 2010, there is so much more to learn about driving now.. The previous limits are demolished.

Guest Simon*

This is very cool. And it's an epic read.

My favourite bits have to be the MS Paint illustrations :D

Well done Henry

Thanks sir :)

And most were done with photoshop aha :D Paint is for rookies

Guest Simon*

Haha so you used the big gun to make your stick figures and wiggly lines?! I am impressed with your overkill sir, I tip my imaginary cap to you ;)

You're an eng, download sketchup and make an ex CAD'y proud :D

Oh wow, Sketchup looks very interesting.. I will have a go :) (I don't start the CAD stuff in the BE till next year sadly)

Haha yeah I got tired of it quick yesterday.. Put 4 good tires on and the g-forces are epic compared to 3 months ago. I think the S50 swap will be pushed back to 2010, there is so much more to learn about driving now.. The previous limits are demolished.

Have you seen the s50 for sale on ebay :D

I've seen all the S54s for sale! Hot motor. I think if I manage to get another WA job I'd get one of those next year.

Would love to get another 1000+ hours in the drivers seat before more power, should take a year.

Camber plate shot!

post-1573-1245973925_thumb.jpg

Showoff!! - extrapolating from where JiBs car go to, that would be approx 6 degrees camber.

:P

That's almost what the V8 Supercars run! That's huge.

I just read through this entire thread. Very good read.

It's good to see people are still thorough with their cars, using quality parts and sorting out the handling first.

Props mate

.......sorting out the handling first.

:ph34r: Edited by Jamez

I just read through this entire thread. Very good read.

It's good to see people are still thorough with their cars, using quality parts and sorting out the handling first.

Props mate

Well thanks eh. After driving for the last couple of days, I realise 100% I've done the right thing. It's the best handling car I've ever driven really.

Sorry to the people who wanted rides, I'm heading to Hanmer for a couple of nights. (All inclusive with my girlfriends work - works in a bar, and goes to Uni, the whole bar staff and half the alcohol storeroom is coming ahaa) Rides next week :D

Awesome.. More people should do this. COMPLETELY transforms what is already a bloody good handling car.

Alignment tomorrow..

The trip to Hanmer was insaaaaane.

I've seen all the S54s for sale! Hot motor. I think if I manage to get another WA job I'd get one of those next year.

Would love to get another 1000+ hours in the drivers seat before more power, should take a year.

Camber plate shot!

Thats so much camber!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine was no where near that and it was 2.7d

Wo really! Well I haven't had an alignment yet. Getting one tomorrow, going for around 2-2.3 degrees.

On road tires thats probably ideal

Like I said in the other thread, you could even go for 1.5-2deg camber and bulk up with the castor - best of both worlds.

I'm getting a wee bit of body roll though at the moment, the 24mm sway (when I finally get it) should fix a lot of that, but closer to 2.5d feels right at the moment.

(alignment had to be pushed back to today or tomorrow, no prioritory when you get things done for free :D )

Just got a WOF im all go

Edited by Riley

Nothing exciting. Was just getting sick of all the sh*t in the boot getting thrown around from the Geeee Forces and speed bump 'testing'.

Cut out some holes in the liner to adjust the shocks.

Took out the battery tray, found a random 'Expansion Tank' under the battery tray.

RealOEM (Part 4) Added a strap. No more battery going BOOM over speed bumps!

Drilled some holes in both wells, because water was sitting in both.

And of course you need jumper leads (jammed around the spare) and a First Aid kit buttoned to the handle of the jack. :thumb:

post-1573-1246601627_thumb.jpg

post-1573-1246601647_thumb.jpg

post-1573-1246601660_thumb.jpg