Sign in to follow this  
|ncary

M325i vs SR20DET.

I sure won't be going back. Do tell more... But next week. Other things to buy this week :D

I sure did Jed, methinks it will be the wheel bearings, clueless woffers. Went to a run down Challenge I've heard of, hoping for the best.

I went and saw Allan at Jeff Gray yesterday, say's you go in alllll the time, Mad hookups now cause he asked if I knew you :D

Haha, great to hear. Allan is a champion, always sorts me out.

Good lucky getting it sorted.

Found out what the 'play in front wheels' was.

The shock gland nuts were hanging in by 1 or 2 threads on both sides... The actual shock insert was loose inside the strut, and took me 10 seconds with the car on a lift to figure out exactly what the problem was.

Why are WOF people f**king trusted to inspect cars????? It's a joke.

And there was no play in rear wheels, solid as a rock. Still have a spongy brake pedal, might have to invest in a new master cylinder. Would love to feel some E30 brake pedals at the meet to see how mine compares. I think it had perfect travel for heel-toe.. And the car stops like a 3 story fall onto concrete. But whatever.

Dialed out a wee bit of front camber today, and re-re-re-re-re checked all the bolts.

Do need a Car Lift in my garage when older.

Then went for a ride with Riley and he turned some spare tires into a couple of chunky, wire edged, slabs of rubber. Pic preview here. Video coming tomorrow most likely :D

post-1573-1249205579_thumb.jpg

Edited by Incary

Can you actually fail for a "spongy brake pedal"? Even if the car stops fine and is no way compromised in terms of safety?

Also, I'm keen to go for a drive and take some photos so if you free on a Sunday let me know(seen as i can't make the meet)

Edited by jeddy

Sunday is a great day for a drive. Am keen. I work till 4-5am so text at least after 1pm on sunday aha.

Does your pedal sort of mash in but still work fine? Whenever I drive a newer car the brake pedal is like a brick wall and always end up throwing someones head forward on the first stop haha.

Sweet, i might pop by your work one Saturday as I walk past all the time but have never been in.

It starts out soft(ish), don't have alot to compare it to, but then firms up, have never had a problem tho.

Yes, when I drive my Mum's car I always lurch forward when I touch the brake, although I bet the e30 would stop in a shorter distance.

Pedal shouldn't be too spongy - how fresh is the fluid and how well bled?

Bled when I put the suspension back together recently. I would think the master cylinder is going judging by it's softness when the car is off. I hate the linkage in the E30 :(

Wee update:

I've said that a Ultimate Summit Rd video was to come. Well it has. It is made and edited and processed. But as it was uploading to youtube last night, Firefox looks like it updated itself and restarted the browser.... So freaking annoying.

To come later today :)

It's 400 megs and takes 8 hours to upload haha. Currently saving in a whole range of formats to get a good quality + smaller file size vid.

Oh and --Sony Vegas > Adobe Premier Pro--

for the average video editor such as myself.

8 mins. It's in Mpeg2. Might have to download a Divx converter.. Any suggestions?

Guest FrantiC

Try wmv, Luke got his beast on dyno 5:35 worth of dyno runs getting tuned (jizzzzzzzzz), started out 240mb then he got it down to 14mb to send to me lol.

Guest Simon*

8 mins. It's in Mpeg2. Might have to download a Divx converter.. Any suggestions?

Ah ok that explains it :) yeah I've used Dr DIVX as a quick and free converter it's been fine

E: And handbrake is a good one too - especially if you want to a high res copy for your ipod at the same time :)

Edited by Simon*

Thanks! Will try, and then update. I love dual core processors, renders video so fast.

Try wmv, Luke got his beast on dyno 5:35 worth of dyno runs getting tuned (jizzzzzzzzz), started out 240mb then he got it down to 14mb to send to me lol.

The resolution is so sh*t with wmv haha, already tried. Can't see the tacho or any outside features.

Guest FrantiC

.avi it then, lol. Got his down from 240mb to 48mb, stil less than 25% what it was. yeah wmv is real crap, just an idea haha.

:D

Well I've managed to get Vegas to save in Divx format, got it down to half of what it was, and great quality too. Really need a better camera though. I'm just using a pointNshoot Olympus 1030SW (the water and shock proof one)

Uploading now.

Guest Simon*

Only half? I'm surprised that DIVX couldn't crunch it down more from full blown MPEG2

I guess it depends on your settings etc. Waiting patiently :blink:

I made the quality even better than before you see. I downloaded the Divx codec and tied it into Vegas. Now I don't have to render in mpg2 then convert to Divx :D

Uploading is so, so, so slow, must be at 128kbps I think. Still 4 hours away. I'll make sure Firefox doesn't ruin my sh*t this time.

DAY IS GOING REAL WELL!!!! :) :)

It failed again. I'm going down to Uni to upload it on the fibre optics. How hard can it be for Youtube to make a better uploader?!?!?!?!?! Something which you can pause/resume would be nice.

Guest Simon*

LOL I got so impatient waiting I was watching your youtube page and refreshing every half hour :D

Good luck third time's the charm!

Hahahahaha I found that quite funny, Sorry about that Simon.

I'm at Uni now and it uploaded in 10 seconds.

Currently processing now. Standby!

Ok it didn't actually upload in 10 seconds, but thats how quick the progress bar went. It's uploading at 130kbps so it should be done in another 10 mins...

Guest FrantiC

Awww damn was hoping to see this before I leave for work in 10 mins. After refreshing and seeing your last post, guess not!

Ha sorry, the progress bar tricked me.. The networking tab on Windows Task Manager is telling a different story though, sitting pinned at 1Mbps.