Sign in to follow this  
|ncary

M325i vs SR20DET.

Ahh yes, forgot to mention. Those are Sam's wheels from Mag and Tire, just borrowing them, and yeah they are pretty damn good looking. Car needs a drop to suit them better though (it's wound right down, springs are too long for awesome stance pics)

The look great on it, what are the widths and tyres if you know off the top of your head? Since ditching the m20 lump, has the car risen due to reduced weight?

At the front yeah it has risen a taddy tad. It's more the inertia difference I notice, the feel has changed, the center of mass has moved back maybe 5cm.

The wheels are 17 by 7.5 and 8.5 staggered. The tires have a bit of stretch at the back, 205/40/17 all round.

The tires are some brand called RoTella. Very cheap, great for warrants. But they are the weakest sidewalled tires I've ever driven on, comparable to space savers. Grip is 6/10.

*good speeling todey.

Edited by Incary

The gopro is an overpriced turd anyway, keep your DSLR.

Nah you just gotta learn how to use it, tons of scope for rad photos and videos on them.... I wouldnt ditch the DSLR for one however.

Owa, you guys like my pictures so much you don't want me to ever give up the DSLR!

Heh, I wouldn't. Bit of a joke. Will get one on top of it.

Nah you just gotta learn how to use it, tons of scope for rad photos and videos on them.... I wouldnt ditch the DSLR for one however.

Mine gets horrible wind noise, dosent matter where I put it, water proof housing or not. At 70kph you cant hear the engine over the wind noise.

What sort of camera are you using again? Was it a 1000d? Thinking about getting a dslr sometime in the near future.

That ^ is so fricken sweet.

Yea. I thought mine was maybe faulty, but gopro didnt want to know about it.

450D Jed.

All I could think of is maybe a split case and the wind is b-e-a-utifully whistling in Polley. But I'm sure you've already checked that haha

The waterproof case is actually worse for wind noise than the open case. (still unusable tho).

Looking good Henry as usual

I have two polycarbonate roofs to do now early next year, I will be chewing your ears off for advice haha

Don't stop with the vids please! I enjoy them.

My mate is making a fibreglass mould for e30 sunroofs as he is getting 2 made up for his own cars.

He might be able to get some made from this mould if others are interested

Edited by Ian 540i6

^ I'd be keen for two depending on price, keep me posted.

+1 on keeping with the videos, f**k the armchair haters, those who have been in a car with Henry will know how well he can pedal (as I do).

Edited by Brams

It's not the how-well-the-pedalling-is-done, more like the chance-of-hitting-an-old-lady issue which the people don't like.

You are always going to have people on both sides of the fence per say. But: out of sight, out of mind!

I'll just keep the pedals out of the forums view from now on.

Hey Im not a hater! :mellow: , but being a prick on public roads, then posting it online is not clever.

I enjoy your vids too, dont enjoy people doing stupid sh*t on busy public roads.

The E30 on the track, with the other one spinning out in the rear view, was the best one. But even then you had people complaining about others in the car haha.

Personally I dont care if you have someone in the car on the track, they chose to hop in knowing the risk, so did everyone else at the track. Little cindy walking home from school wont have any choice in the matter though ;)

Car looks awesome by the way. Big wheel want going on.

Wrote a wee article on AutomotiveAxis about the latest pics

Have done a few articles recently, don't forget to join us on facebook! www.facebook.com/AutomotiveAxis

This summer we will be doing spotlights on a heap of drift and targa cars, as well as covering huge events in Sydney and here in NZ.

We have just been emailing Robbie Ward from RIPS racing after he left a comment on this article (the 1000+hp RB shop), and he has asked us if we wanted to go for a ride in a multiple hundreds of horsepower Skyline and do a feature on that. So will be doing a trip to Rotorua too :D

Edited by Incary

Posted Image

Nice shot of me dude :lol:

Cool swap btw mate, a little bit of tidying up and you should be good to go. You could also look into swapping an NA S14 TB on as they are bigger than their 13/14/15 Turbo counterparts which makes for a pretty cheap and easy upgrade.

Matt

Just FYI guys, I can still do PC sunroofs for around the $70 mark.

You could also look into swapping an NA S14 TB on as they are bigger than their 13/14/15 Turbo counterparts which makes for a pretty cheap and easy upgrade.

Nah. S13 TB's are big, NA and Turbo.

And hey it is good to go, have done 2 track days with non-factory style wire tidynessness.

Oops! indeed you are correct. Yeah dude, seems to go well. I meant tidy more in the asthetic sense and making your engine harness, vac and blowby tubes less of a birds nest.

3" Turbo exhaust outlets also make a good and seat-of-the-pants difference, pretty cheap on tardme too; if you had not looked at one already.

Oh and go lower, no more shitty M20 sump smashing!

Rad car, it's interesting to see how short the E30 engine bay is huh

Edited by Mattzy

good luck getting your car out of my lock up tomorrow henry...