Sign in to follow this  
|ncary

M325i vs SR20DET.

Looks the tits. I've got a t25g lying around in my garage from my ca18det if you want that.

^ Do you think the turbine shaft and impellers are the same as mine ... :o

Not too sure, I should be able to find out easily enough. You should just swap it out as you know the t25g is better :P

Sam and I have a good ol' fashioned battle!

post-1573-1284686709.jpg

And COME ON CAR YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO DO THAT, DRIVE STRAIGHT!

post-1573-1284686764.jpg

Having no vac assisted brakes was hard work. Kind of liked it though. Bring on a dual master pedal box!

*annnd, have plumbed back in the blow off valve air after Sam went back to the stock BOV with recirculation on his STI and it ran much, much better. With the air going back in just before the turbo it drives so much nicer, can actually use part throttle now without bucking and lurching. Just need to get this turbo swapped out and some 7psi boost pull videos will be coming!

Edited by Incary

tech1 represent ..... nice work guys ... looks like its a lot of fun!

How do you think your braking balance will go once you have your new pedal box in?

I found the s50 under brakes to make the ass a bit light which took getting use too so I didnt have my rear end overtake me down hampton under brakes.

No plans for a pedal box install at this stage.. Will be next year sometime I'd say. Will go the same route as JiB has done on Sam's car, GTR calipers etc, then match that to a pedal box with adjustable bias.

Currently the car is ridiculously well balanced. Did a mini-summit rd run today and this thing loves 4 wheel sliding if things are hit overspeeding, even with brakes hard on.

Video soon! Converting sucks with an old laptop. So will just upload the unedited footage haha

*That's free boosting. Wastegate vacuum line is off. You can hear the laboured, bent fins on the compressor whistling :(

Sounds pretty awesome though hahaha!

Edited by Incary

Due to the insecure nature of the camera mount, much of the mild 'steerwiththerear' is not shown. With road tires this car would be all over the show ahaa. Videos always look slow and sluggish blah blah blah, but that's some warm R888's in action yus!

I can't belive how well it handles though

Now it must be silly good! All the e30's I've driven just want to hang the arse out and slide at the sight or a direction change...

Well Mr Eater I have just watched that video vs this latest one. And over about 70seconds the latest vid is 6-7 seconds faster. That's pretty much 10% quicker with no brake booster haha.

The laughing at the end is awesome haha sound of satifaction

Sick wee machine

Well Mr Eater I have just watched that video vs this latest one. And over about 70seconds the latest vid is 6-7 seconds faster. That's pretty much 10% quicker with no brake booster haha.

Ithink I just sharted! That's moving along damn well.

Nice work man, looks like it eats corners!

That summit rd run rocks, used to have lots of giggles down there in the GTSt.