Sign in to follow this  
APT

Love The Beast

Was bored last weekend so i watched the movie love the beast about Eric Bana owning his 1974 Ford XB GT Falcon for 25 years.

How long have you guys owned your car for ? anyone close to 25 years?

Heres a link to the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srI1rSORJ2E

Go and watch it if its pouring down with rain outside and have nothing to do.

Is it any good? Was thinking about watching tomorrow night.

Yer its a pretty good doco/movie i enjoyed it. The only thing that sucked tho it only showed at one time during the week which was 1.35pm and only at the manukau cinemas.. Not sure about this week tho

Have had the e36 for nearly 5 years longest iv ever owed a car for. 325 is over 4 and still no plan to sell either so 25 years could happen

Longest I've owned a car is 6 monthsish.

A dude on e30 zone has had a 2002 from new.

Me,dont tend to keep them long-altho the current two could change that haha :wub:

I've had the 2002 for over 7 years, and an old Porsche 911 for nearly 10 years.

Combined roadworthy time of the two cars is probably 2 years, maximum, LOL.

I've had my E34 525i(m20) for 10 years in August.. Although she is now without an engine.. (its sitting in Apex's car, I had a brainwave which was to do a conversion on the old girl. But the conversion ended with removing the engine... its on the to do list). She's sitting on the driveway under her blankets and I can hear her crying every time I reverse out the driveway in the e36.

I can't bring myself to do the deed and send her off to the scrap yard.. One day that engine will come along that I can throw in her and take her rego off hold.

Even though she wasn't the fastest car in the world, I really miss driving her.. Nothing like driving a lounge suite down the road.. The e36 is so small and you feel every bump and I miss being able to fly over judderbars at 100 miles an hour..

E34's make great paddock cars.. Even the 520's I think they are the most fun... nothing like listening to an m20 about to explode...

I'm 24 and since I have been driving have owned 21 cars... Including 4x E30's, 1 x E34 and 2 x E36's...

The longest was a mint 1 owner NZ new '89 318i manual in dolphin grey - I bought it when I was 16 and owned it for just over 1 year.

I have an E3 2500 which I bought it in 1994 and it has now made the ultimate sacrifice to become a parts car so that others might live . . . . and I also have a BMW 900cc bike which I bought in 1986.

I feel old . . . .

Had the E30 for just over 2 months. ATM, I'll keep it forever.... or until I can afford an E30 M3.

1st one....1 year, 2nd one....1 and a half years, 3rd one....2 years, 4th and 5th i'm still in ownership of, currently just over two years for the M3 and three months for the 530.

My e30 was/ is my first car and i LOVE it, even tho i get over it at times, nothing will bring me to sell it atm,

had it for 21 months so far.

Owned my first car. A 84 Toyota Soarer for 9 years. Only sold it to pay for my wisdom teeth to be removed. Would still have it otherwise. Im 28.

Most cars ive had for 2yrs, the e30 is coming up 7yrs lol

I had a Legacy RS for 9.5 years. The day I decided to keep it another 6 months, it was stolen. Otherwise I might still have it.

Im 19 and i owned my 1st car for two years. It was a 1969 Triumph Herald ute. It was abit gay hahaha but did mean skids if you kicked the clutch in 2nd round round abouts lol

2 years seems to be the magic number for me. Although I've had the e30 for 3 now but it's been sitting in the garage going nowhere for the past year. Can't bring myself to strip it down

Havent had mine long, Have had my first E30 for 1 & a half years and my other for 4 months.

Looks like an interesting movie, Does he end up fixing it?

Owned 9 cars from my first car (e30 tech2) which i got in August 2007.

So go threw 4+ cars a year....

Get board, plus good way to make money not loose.

On the look out for the next one..

Edited by still low e46

I had one of my E30's for 7 years. Would still have it today (11 years) if it wasn't destroyed 3 1/2 years ago.

It was a great car.

I have had my current car (not the family wagon) for 2 months. I would push it off a cliff today if I didn't need it from time to time. I try to avoid driving it it is so horrible.

However the wife has given me the go ahead to buy the car I have wanted for ages so the hunt for the right one is about to start. I will keep that one for a long time.

Cheers

Grant

my e28 m535i is coming up to 5 years now

i had a vl 3L 5spd comodore for about 4 years took it from 135,000km to 300,000km. but most other cars 1-2 years

As of the sunday just been Ive had my wagon for exactly one year!