Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

Spotted AJ D again today.

I was the one that waved in my e28, next to cafe on kohi.

Was I heading towards St. Heliers or back to town? I was so down for Burgerfuel haha

Heading toward St Heliers, should have come down.

Spotted AJ D again today.

I was the one that waved in my e28, next to cafe on kohi.

Yeh I saw you too Matt, your E28 is veryyy low, looks mean though

Ahh was on my way to a party but I left after 15 mins haha back to town. (sober 'til midnight) :]

I'll see if you're in next time I'm down there for lunch.

Heading toward St Heliers, should have come down.

Yeh I saw you too Matt, your E28 is veryyy low, looks mean though

Pics Mash??

Originally white M3. Wrapped orange by Prime Signs :)

You sure it's a wrap ... because I was standing about 5cm away from it in Remuera and I swear the whole car was painted orange with painted black roof and a Vorsteiner GT3 front bumper. Let me call the owner and find out ....

Tesla Roadster on the Embarcadero in San Francisco.

Grant, do you see many of these around?

I have been following Tesla's progress with interest for a few years now, and genuinlly think they will mass produce the car of the future.

L8APEX on Ormiston Road, I was in the silver M325i i waved.

L8APEX on Ormiston Road, I was in the silver M325i i waved.

So that was you!! I waved back too, not sure if you saw though.

A battlehip grey self-propelled artillery vehicle (you know - like a tank) on the back of a truck on Symonds St on Friday night. WTF.

You sure it's a wrap ... because I was standing about 5cm away from it in Remuera and I swear the whole car was painted orange with painted black roof and a Vorsteiner GT3 front bumper. Let me call the owner and find out ....

When I was at Prime Signs they were telling me how they wrapped a white M3 with that number plate, asian owner, all orange. The bonnet is a one piece wrap which makes it even cleaner. Apparently the owner still complained that you could see white in some places e.g. door sills

Just what I've heard, although I don't doubt it.

Grant, do you see many of these around?

I have been following Tesla's progress with interest for a few years now, and genuinlly think they will mass produce the car of the future.

No, first one I have ever seen. I'm sure there are a few in the San Francisco or LA area, but none I would imagine in the Sacramento region (Sacramento is very much a cowtown that also happens to be the State Capitol).

Last year, Tesla and Toyota entered into a big agreement, and are converting a Toyota factory not too far from me into a production plant for the Tesla sedan that will be coming out soon. In return Toyota will utilize Tesla's technology in their EVs

As far as hybrids go, they are everywhere here. Every fifth car is a Prius, Insight or hybrid Camry etc. The Californian Government makes them as attractive as possible to own with huge tax rebates, the ability to drive in carpool lanes, priority parking etc.

Also now that PHEV/EV's are becoming more popular, progressive cities like San Francisco are putting in place special parks where you can plug in your PHEV/EV to recharge while you are parked.

The building I work in, has recharge stations built into the carpark (it is a new building with a huge focus on environmental friendliness), but I have yet to see a PHEV/EV using them, and the parks are always taken up by normal hybrids.

When I was at Prime Signs they were telling me how they wrapped a white M3 with that number plate, asian owner, all orange. The bonnet is a one piece wrap which makes it even cleaner. Apparently the owner still complained that you could see white in some places e.g. door sills

Just what I've heard, although I don't doubt it.

I remember people telling me that it was a wrap - I never bothered asking the owner before, then I saw the car in person and it's definitely now painted.

Edited by M3_Power

I'll be on the road to Auckland very early tomorrow morn, i haven't been spotted yet :blink:

Thats cos u so stealth bro.

Actually spotted you on Karamu-week before last maybe?

There ya go-feel better? LOL

I remember people telling me that it was a wrap - I never bothered asking the owner before, then I saw the car in person and it's definitely now painted.

Ahh I see. In any case, a gorgeous car! Definitely want one in future!

I think it was just the way the sun was angling on the front of the car, and the fact the the photo was taken with my cellphone.

I'm also not sure what to make of the 'haha' at the start of your post, I think that the Tesla is a great car.

I'm pretty sure that is moisture in the headlights.

I was 'haha-ing' as I think they are a joke car personally..... Merely a fad that will eventually die off as electric cars are a gimmick and will always be a gimmick unless the batteries are the size of a normal gas tank, weigh less than a person and only take a few minutes to recharge with a range of 500 + miles per charge.

Hydrogen is the future of electric cars, the Honda Clarity is the prime example. The infrastructure just needs attention along with a profitable means of gathering hydrogen.

...and methane is the future of the internal combustion engine.

I'm pretty sure that is moisture in the headlights.

I was 'haha-ing' as I think they are a joke car personally..... Merely a fad that will eventually die off as electric cars are a gimmick and will always be a gimmick unless the batteries are the size of a normal gas tank, weigh less than a person and only take a few minutes to recharge with a range of 500 + miles per charge.

Hydrogen is the future of electric cars, the Honda Clarity is the prime example. The infrastructure just needs attention along with a profitable means of gathering hydrogen.

Okay.. Each to their own opinions I guess.

However, I do find it strange that a huge number of people, that I'm sure are also a lot more intelligent than you are backing both PHEV and EV's. Surely they wouldn't waste their money on a gimmick.

I also find it strange that most of the large manufacturers are now either selling, or are on the verge of releasing both PHEV and EVs. Surely, they wouldn't want to waste their money on a gimmick. You do also realize that both battery technology and the efficiency of them is improving at an exponential rate don't you?

I think that you have the same opinion as those who 100 years ago or so, when sitting behind their horse and cart had when they saw the first car with an internal combustion engine drive past. "Just a gimmick, it will never catch on, the future is a steam powered engine"

Also, I'm pretty sure it isn't/wasn't moisture in the headlights. I did spend quite a bit of time looking over the car, as I had not seen one before and was very intrigued. I think I would have noticed moisture in the headlights. If you want to believe that it is based on the evidence of a highly scaled down photo taken with a cellphone camera, then go for your life.

As you were.

Edited by Grant

+1

Thats cos u so stealth bro.

Actually spotted you on Karamu-week before last maybe?

There ya go-feel better? LOL

That i am :ph34r:

Yeah saw you too.

Does being over seas count? Seen a wrecked e31 and a texh2 e30 on the side of the road on seperate occassions, a 2002 with square headlights, some American spec e30s (with the huge oversize bumpers but still RHD), and most of the prefacelifts have tech2 wings. Thailand btw

Nice Dark Blue 540i off Kenmure Ave, Forrest Hill. Parked a few doors away from my house! DHF176 (i think). Bimmersport sticker in the rear window...

Nice motorsport e39 in blue with some 19" wheels cruising Hataitai two days ago.

BMWWMB plate I think?

I was walking the dog. :)

Are you a member?

M3 CSL, parked outside Albany mall...looked pretty rough though :wacko:

The owner was over at my place last night, it's actually not that bad just dirty (it lives up in Whangarei so you can imagine the crap he picks up travelling down here) - pretty tidy interior and exterior otherwise. It's the only original owner CSL in the Country actually.