Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Riding out the storm

Hows everybody in Auckland ?? Its still blowing like hell up here in Hunua. Just been down the drive... blocked in ... a trees down in the drive.....don't have to go anywhere today... think I'll just crank up the fire and have a nice day doing nothing... someone else can sort it... I share the drive, and I'm the only one who ever does anything... I might be sick today.... or maybe I dont have any chainsaw petrol :P

Bugger.... one of my trees has dropped into the drive.... I'm going to be busy later... its too dangerous to do anything at the moment though :(

greenhouses still have plastic on them,what a relief.

not much sleep last night-too much praying.

enviro computer had recorded wind speeds upto 100K's+ and sustained round the 85

now to clean up bonnets and other plastic bits that the wind managed to pry off the line up out back

only good thing is,the shed/hanger has the underfloor heating.its working now so nice toasty warm

concrete and 20c to work on the turbo sounds inviting

m

Nice and sheltered here in the valley.

Can see how bad it is up on the hills though.

at work, they have had to chain the aircraft to the ground, so they dont move or fly away.

yeehaa gale force

Posted Image

Just spent 3hrs on the end of a chainsaw so I can get to work tomorrow :(

a good blat with the chainsaw now and then is a bit of fun.

Just spent 3hrs on the end of a chainsaw so I can get to work tomorrow :(

Next years firewood sorted <_<

Driving home last night was a mission!! bmw def doesnt like huge gusts of wind!!! it was mental stuff was flying everywhere driving on the back roads to papakura!

It must have been Easterlies overnight as it was very calm up here on the west side of our hill. Though today I went out with the horse and it was very cold south westerlies so must have swung around. Probably only had one good gale which lasted about 20seconds this avo. So we are all good :)

Sucks to be you Glenn, we had your problem last year, huge gum tree across the drive on a wet sunday avo and couldn't get in or out, so its your turn :)

Albany aint too bad, its bloody cold but not too windy. Haven't seen any broken trees or signs yet. Mind you I only got up and havent left the house...

Looks like were gettin round 2 tonight. Was calm this arvo, now the winds up again.

Pretty much no wind at my house in Bucklands Beach. Hardly noticed the weather last night.

Bit worried about some friends who have to drive back to wellington tonight though.

Only thing the is getting to me is my extremely slow internet. One bad thing about Go-Large plans is that the more people on the net the slower it gets for me. Rainy weekends are a killer.

Pretty much no wind at my house in Bucklands Beach. Hardly noticed the weather last night.

Bit worried about some friends who have to drive back to wellington tonight though.

Only thing the is getting to me is my extremely slow internet. One bad thing about Go-Large plans is that the more people on the net the slower it gets for me. Rainy weekends are a killer.

We have been cursing all week, internet has been shocking due to school holidays, every snotty nosed kid is on the net instead of making mud castles down in the estuary and carving ruts in the park hills with their bicycles!

I wasn't sober enough to remember. Didn't really notice wind on the 18th floor.

I did notice the lack of people in town.

Was it really that windy?? Weird?

Aw Glenn, it's some good exercise for you!

Town was mint.

Flux release party pwned.

Spent most of yesterday getting soaked pulling yachts off rocks and beaches. We had 4 yachts break moorings in the bay. Feel sorry for the owners. I climbed onto 1 to see if it was holed or not, and the cabin was full of water - the owner's possessions floating around inside. All we could do was secure it until the tide went out. Was still there this morning. The owner's responsibility now.

Not as bad as 10th July 2 years ago, but uncannily similar date. We got the worst of it on the 11th.

Put a downer on my house warming party. Several people couldn't make it because they were stranded by the storm.

Both Whakapapa and Turoa totally closed for all of Sunday due to blizzard conditions... bummer :( .

Amazing how quickly it can change, excellent conditions all day Saturday :D

may have been a blessing in disguise, not sure how stiff I would feel after two full days, plus home in time to watch the V8s in the afternoon :rolleyes:

sh*t yeah, the world was angry Saturday night. I had a nice quiet night in watching movies with the mrs and a mate.

Note to everyone: Twilight SUCKS. Don't watch it. I can sum it up with "I'm a vampire, I'm really strong, really fast, really good looking, and immortal.. But OMG I hate myself.. Waaaa waaa waa dont love me, I'll break you"

What a sh*t movie.

+100000 on the Twilight comment :)

Edited by Wom

sh*t yeah, the world was angry Saturday night. I had a nice quiet night in, spading with the mrs and a mate.

Both Whakapapa and Turoa totally closed for all of Sunday due to blizzard conditions... bummer :( .

Amazing how quickly it can change, excellent conditions all day Saturday :D

may have been a blessing in disguise, not sure how stiff I would feel after two full days, plus home in time to watch the V8s in the afternoon :rolleyes:

yes was nice there on wednesday and thursday

post-279-1247477554_thumb.jpg

post-279-1247477612_thumb.jpg

post-279-1247477686_thumb.jpg

Very cool E34 Brent.

Me in the yellow jacket after climbing onto the easiest one of the day. Was on the rocks, but just sitting on it's keel (hence why it is leaning over). Am just about to receive a pair of pliers to undo the halyard so we can tip it over to float it off.

This photo made the papers - bling.

post-339-1247714092_thumb.jpg