Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

sooo the missus drove the e30...

... for the first time today.

Shes always looked at it and while she has grown to the shape of them .. she hasn't really got this obsession with these cars. Today that changed.

Left the e46 at a friends place after a night off in town drinking. So the missus and I went to pick up the car in the e30. I asked her to drive there to get use driving it as with full race brakes and race suspension and a 3.15 diff on the getrag 260 gear box .. it takes a little bit of a knack and isn't the easiest if your new to it. (at least till the new stuff goes in :) )

Well after her driving it back by her self .. we both got home and now she wants one!.

Her message on facebook this afternoon "Has a hard on for e30's after driving one"

my words were "at a girl" :D

Any body elses wife / GF have the same experience?

Mine refuses to drive my E30 M3, when I owned the Sierra Cosworth she wouldn't drive that either...

Mine has already decided she wants to have the 318is and I havent even taken delivery of it yet !

My mum took my E30 for a drive.

She wants one.

she's after a new car soon, to replace her lancer.. trying to convince her an e46 330i is the way to go :)

Edited by antil33t

My wife was reluctant to drive my car after I did the manual conversion. She's quite at home with it now though.

GF hated all my e30's when I got them, now she thinks the Tech2 is hers :S wont let me sell it. Pretty sure BMW's just grow on you.

She's moved on to loving e34's now but the only car she says she never wants is a Ti "because they look like pregnant whales with no tail's" :P

My girlfriend has loved driving both my e30's. She especially loves the new one with the LSD and I quote "I love to go sideways" :D

Edited by Forrest

Mum had one new in the 80’s and she still raves about it. Brooke drives ours whenever she wants, she likes the attention.

Its easy to drive.

ditto to all the above.

KT prefers the e30 over the mr2, but isn't into the drive of a stock one. Doesn't like the soft handling or boring look. As with Brooke^^ she loves the looks she gets because of how rowdy and different it is.

Only problem is the lead foot.

Wouldn't let my GF drive my car to find out if she likes it or not! :D

She still hates me for selling the E36. The E30 is too "bumpy" apparently. *sigh*.

One of my old GF's stacked my E39. Needless to say,she never drove it again.

My mum borrowed the 7 series for a day and never wanted to drive it again.

My wife likes the M3. She did NOT like the race car (mostly the heavy unassisted steering).

ditto to all the above.

KT prefers the e30 over the mr2, but isn't into the drive of a stock one. Doesn't like the soft handling or boring look. As with Brooke^^ she loves the looks she gets because of how rowdy and different it is.

Only problem is the lead foot.

Lol at lead foot.

Miraculously Brooke’s average consumption is a lot higher than mine, she doesn’t drive fast but drives aggressive, floors it from the lights, breaks at the last minute and her speed is up and down all the time… She get pissed off when I drive the car throughout the weekend at an assertive brisk pace and yet lower her average consumption half a litre per 100km.

Totally trust her driving the E30 though, it’s only an old POS BMW after all.

She has done a couple of track sessions as well as BMW driver training and is a very defensive driver, she drives better than most people I know and see on the road.

T'Hell with driving my bf's one (pretty sure I could convince him to let me to though :D), I'm getting my own one!

my gf likes the 325 but she can't drive it. She also thinks the MTech 2 going on will make it look less like a "classic" car, but i think she'll just have to get used to it ;)

my gf loves all manual bmws only likes bmws and her t.i manual is to small she says and looking for a sedan now

Last few girlfriends didnt really even bat an eyelid at the E30, or the E36 for that matter, they all had better BMWs, Audis or Mercs than any of my cars. :(

, she doesn’t drive fast but drives aggressive, floors it from the lights, breaks at the last minute and her speed is up and down all the time… and is a very defensive driver, she drives better than most people I know and see on the road.

those two statements seem at odds with one another..

Mary drives the E34 only when there is no alternative...doesnt like the size,heavy clutch and slow change and even tho i see e30 as the e 34 little brother she reckons e30s are "boxy and ugly"

Edited by kiwi535

They do don’t they.. I was trying to say the way she operates the car is far from smooth and economical, her actual driving and awareness of other road users is quite good.. but it’s not hard to drive better than nine out of ten New Zealanders!

my ex girlfriend used to say she hated my e30's.. but after time she secretly loved it.. i could tell cause she always wanted to sober drive. and i seen her round town a few times and she now has one :o

I circumvented the problem by not having a missus.

+2