Sign in to follow this  
APT

Andrews E30 Sedan

You're crazy man.

So E30 springs fit on the E36 strut? And you use the E30 drop-hat under the Camber plates?

Did you end up getting the previous set-up certed?

text me what those wheels are :P

E30 front springs are same size as m3 e36 springs, NOT same as anormal e36. :)

Hahaha Lucan, I will be using my current BC Gold E30 springs on the E36 strut with E30 Camber plates.

Previous set up was certed, i will need my new engine recerted anyway so i thought i'd do this as well.

New Engine? do tell

Sort of a new engine B) i think ill finish this up first before i move onto that.

Wohoo! Order arrived in 3 business days.

Got my UUC brake lines:

Posted Image

Rebuilt and painted the front brakes:

Posted Image

So far so good, just have to wait for my AKG order before i can start pulling things apart.

Edited by APT

AKG Bushes and mounts arrived today..

These bushes are hard !! close to no flex at all.

Posted Image

Need to collect a little more parts then i can put my car on stands and start this conversion.

Could you please let me know where you got those brake lines from? Thanks:)

What did those bushes end up costing you. Pm me

Not sure if your interested but i ordered rear trailing arm, rear subframe and diff poly bushings from AKG and it cost me about $370 shipped.

First Day of pulling things apart, whole front end is out. Is it worth replacing after market sway bars while its all out ?

Was looking at White line 23mm front /16mm rear or Ultra Racing 23mm front / 19mm rear. Does anyone have any other recommendations ?

Posted Image

Also Rebuilt the new front struts i will be running.

BC Gold E36 Struts 30 way damper adjustable

BC Gold E30 Springs

BC Gold E30 Camber Plates / Top Hats

Posted Image

Need to get my Offset CAB pressed in and front is all ready.

Downside for the day, i test fitted my new wheels i was going to use but they wont work with my brakes without a spacer <_<

Yeah I was thinking the wheels might not go over the brakes, its a problem I've heard people have when they're fitted to E36's.

I think you'll only need a 5mm spacer though.

Big week for me,

The Front end is all complete and looking sweet CAB all pressed in, S/S Brake lines, EBC Yellow Pads & BC Gold Struts.

Posted Image

Yesterday i dropped the diff, subframe and trailing arms.

Posted Image

Today i got around to burning my old subframe bushes out.. Which was fun! - **For future reference anyone trying this, drill/cut the inner metal sleeve out first! then light it up, i soaked it with petrol and a BBQ lighter and it worked a treat! If you try burn the whole thing at once without a gas torch it wont work**

also pushed the new subframe bushes in, aswell and the diff bush - who needs a press ???

Posted Image

Test fitted the wheels i orginally bought for the car and they just fit. Heres a pic for the cool kids B)

Posted Image

To do:

- Remove/Install Trailing Arm Bushes

- Remove install Engine/Gbox mounts

- New diff oil

- Re-install rear end!

dayum, how'd u get them in? did you use some big as vice or home made tool for the bushes?

awesome work

Thanks Will, Bushes went on rather easy slight tapping with a hammer and grease and pressed them in fine.

Wheel specs will be revealed soon need to paint the centres and assemble them up first.. Its nothing to flash, its been done before - but not on a E30 in NZ i hope ^_^

Update:

I purchased new White line sway bars 24mm front 16mm adjustable rear, and red line diff fluid.

Managed to get the whole rear end is all back in, tried wheels on the back and the new offset is sweet ! installing the sub frame and trailing arms was a tricky job - on your own. Note: Get a friend to help you with this!

To do this week:

-Install Front sway bar

-Install G/box & engine mounts

-Bleed brakes

-Re bolt exhaust

-Finish assembling the wheels.

And its done !

Heres a Iphone quality picture of how my wheels are going to sit. Enjoy

post-4245-1311846056.jpg

Edited by APT

Id hazard a guess they're 090's?

Everything is done apart from the wheels and front sway bar, tried to install the white line sway bar and it's pretty tight bushes don't seem to fit that well in factory cups may have to rethink the strategy here. Anyone have any ideas?

Going to finish the wheels tomorrow and it should be on the ground early next week.

Edited by APT

Its been awhile since last post, Cars finally on its new wheels. Took me long enough but have been finding so hard to find the time. Thanks to Mike & Leith @ Synthe for sticking around a bit later today to fit my tyres/wheels.

Now have to tinker with ride height, find the exhaust leak, and re-bleed the brakes over the weekend. Will post pics up this Saturday :D

Edited by APT

All Done! have to do a few minor tweaks but nothing major.. Drove it down the road and you can really feel everything with these AKG bushes.

BBS RC090 17x8 ET20

Posted Image

Posted Image

Front brakes just fit.

Posted Image

Just need to finish the centre caps and get locking nuts.

Edited by APT