Sign in to follow this  
laadeelaa

If you were a 5 year old boy, what'd you want for your birthday?

+1 for Lego. Or maybe even Meccano

For $100 you can buy a kitset big enough to build stuff like excuvator and helicopter.

P.s Thanks for all of the replies guys.

It's awsome seeing the excitement that is revealed when toys come up.

Get him a second hand trampoline. I had fun on mine for years and years.

A set of rings and oversize pistons for my, I mean his E12?

I vote lego. I had tons of lego when I was a kid, wicked stuff. Then I started piano, cycling and wan...um yeah..lego

Lego is Mint...

/me drives to his parents to get his old lego.

LEgo is awesome. I still play it when im babysitting kids with it. I have the maddest collection of it at home wrapped up in a sheet which I wont let my parents give away to those more deserving cause I still plan on busting it out sometime.

So yea, get him lego.

I'm all for the Lego. It will get his brain active, enhance his problem solving ability, and develop creativity.

Otherwise sporting equipment or things that will mean he is active an doesn't end up another fat innactive kid that is glued to the TV/computer/playstation.

Both of these are things that also encourage a high level of interaction with others so are cool and can be used for years.

Cheers

Grant

I’d want the Matchbox Motor City with three Matchbox cars… and a cigarette lighter to melt stuff with.

I think all you blokes suggesting Lego have memories of how it used to be, which dont get me wrong it was brilliant. But having a six year old now I can tell you the Lego is pretty poor. Almost everything these days can only be used to build one thing and one thing only.

There is no imagination anymore you just follow the step by step instructions and that it.

Its all in the marketing. Why sell a box full which allows you to do anything when you can sell all you need to build one thing in the range and have the parents fork out for each item individually :(

Either BEN10 or lego... you could try buying a bag of lego of Tardme that someone is trying to sell

I know what you are saying Martyn. But you just have to ignore all the themed sh*t and buy the basic brick boxes.

Like this

You may have to go to a toy store though, not just the Warehouse or Kmart.

We tried everywhere in Wellington and all we could find was the 'build something once' stuff. Having said that it brakes so often you have to rebuild it everytime you....er I mean your son....plays with it.

Meccano is good too, but maybe older kids?

lol just finished using it to build a truck body for my RC car :P im such a kid

Guest Simon*

Mini Homax E34 model?

Ouch! :D

Plastic decks so he can pretend to be yet another twat DJ and a funny little hat for him to wear sideways just like everybody else???? :P

Another vote for lego and not the kind with a recipe.

My big one turns 5 in December and I'm not sure what I'll get him yet. We already have cool "kid's meccano" type stuff that we make planes and helicopters out of. He's already a legend at spotting Beamers and has a few of his own to play with.

If in doubt Emily hang out in the Warehouse toy section for inspiration - it's chocka!