Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Maddie - Road/Track E30

Bit of an update, been thinking about selling this for a while, at this stage it is going to have the motor drama diagnosed then will sit in a storage unit over the summer.

Having no money is a bitch.

Having no money is a bitch.

I know the feeling bro!

Save those pennies!

Still plan on doing the m5x swap after summer?

^ I am not sure at this stage, still toying with the idea of selling it to my dad and coming back to build a proper track car (which is what I really want) once I can afford to. I only know of a very few people that manage to build a car (especially a track car) on a supermarket wage working part time whilst studying full time, it is just too much. The last 18 months essentially all my funds have gone into a e30 of some sort, including student loan money :ph34r: really want to take my gf to Australia next year, have a crack at my debut marathon at the New York Marathon for my 21st etc etc so sort of time to start living life again instead of a underneath a 25 year old tempermental pile of bolts. Haha

Personally I would rather come back when I have graduated earning a 100k salary and can afford build my Alpine White Widebodied Space Framed S54 E30 Race Car :lol:

^ I am not sure at this stage, still toying with the idea of selling it to my dad and coming back to build a proper track car (which is what I really want) once I can afford to. I only know of a very few people that manage to build a car (especially a track car) on a supermarket wage working part time whilst studying full time, it is just too much. The last 18 months essentially all my funds have gone into a e30 of some sort, including student loan money :ph34r: really want to take my gf to Australia next year, have a crack at my debut marathon at the New York Marathon for my 21st etc etc so sort of time to start living life again instead of a underneath a 25 year old tempermental pile of bolts. Haha

Personally I would rather come back when I have graduated earning a 100k salary and can afford build my Alpine White Widebodied Space Framed S54 E30 Race Car :lol:

Fair enough too.

Life at uni is a bitch eh, cant have everything.. no matter how much ya try.

"I'd just like to thank Studylink for paying for half my m50"

Well a little diagnosis has determined the motor is not pwned..which is ideal. Which means 6 months or so to save for a m50 :D

Which means I will still hold onto the car.

Electric Window has finally been fixed also which is great news for this 'summery' weather we had this weekend.

Also picked up a Alpina Rear Wing to match the front now, pics to come :D

Good news Nathan. The mean green racing machine lives on!

i love it

its a beast :)

^ Cheers Sam.

Alpina Rear Wing to match the front....longer, taller and wider than Tech 1 = Awesome.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Going to 'try' convince the Borbets to still fit, some persuasion is in order :D

Guest Simon*

I think that's an excellent plan! The look tits on this car

Massage that front spoiler Nath, massage it good!

^^ Something like that, I don't really feel like chopping fibreglass up <_<

Haha Simon, thats what she said ^_^

Edited by Forrest

That's awesome Nath, it's definitely come a long way! I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the weaves look better than the Borbet rep's :ph34r:

Got clearance?

Posted Image

I will be honest I never test fitted them before I had the kit painted, I was just scared of hearing that crunch!

I think this will be enough leeway? Opinions?

They look really cool with the new Alpina Kit.

That's awesome Nath, it's definitely come a long way! I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the weaves look better than the Borbet rep's :ph34r:

Cheers Jon. Yeah I like the weaves better too, but I need a set of road + race wheels and I can't be greedy and find two sets of weaves. Atleast it still looks a lot like the car I based it off: Riley's PFL Coupe, with the dished road wheels etc.

Still have quite a lot of interior tidying up to do and work out a way to fit my fog lights into the kit since I didn't want to cut up the original valance I brought another.

This car has definitely taught me to be patient for once in my life, it is so temperamental.

looks badass. Depending on how much the spoiler flexes on the track it may be a concern. Do you still have the sportmax's?

Weaves FTW, But if you're running the Borbets for road wheels, could you perhaps run a 50 profile tyre with a bit of stretch and lower the car a bit more (esp in the rear)? Borbets look best when the car is pretty slammed and those tyres make it look a wee bit 4WD'ish. :ph34r:

Those Borbets look so much cooler on that car with the new front valance.

EDIT: Slamming would make it look even better in my opinion.

Edited by Mark247

Guest Simon*

Weaves FTW, But if you're running the Borbets for road wheels, could you perhaps run a 50 profile tyre with a bit of stretch and lower the car a bit more (esp in the rear)? Borbets look best when the car is pretty slammed and those tyres make it look a wee bit 4WD'ish. :ph34r:

+1 drop and streeeeeeeeeeeetch

Yea i agree with this you need more stretch in those tyres lol.

Guest FrantiC

I agree with smaller profile tyres, even some stretch.. And the back needs to be lower. Not a fan of rake :ph34r:

Borbets look best on low cars, I think yours would suit the weaves more.

Agree with the others that the high profile and rear doesn't help

EDIT - Forgot to say the lip looks sweet! Its a real tidy looking car

Edited by braeden.