Sign in to follow this  
antil33t

How often do you wash your car?

Clean inside and out once a week, and then a polish every couple of months.

Usually do the mrs car once a fortnight, only gets driven round town so doesn't get to dirty.

Edited by braeden.

Every 2 weeks. Inside, out and I remove the wheels to clean them properly as well.

A clean car is a respectable car...

A cars cleaniness can sometimes show what kind of person you are.

Over the years in business I've come to the same conclusion. Filthy interiors, usually reflects the personal appearance and hygeine of the owner. The worst examples I've come across, in most cases owned by women. Over the years, you wouldn't beleive what I've found under seats and inside gloveboxes. Some people don't realise that when we do certain types of repairs, we might have to remove the seats or remove the glovebox's. The boots can also give you some surprises at times as well. I keep a set of tongs in my tool box for handling some of the things we find when working on cars.

Edited by *Glenn*

Over the years in business I've come to the same conclusion. Filthy interiors, usually reflects the personal appearance and hygeine of the owner. The worst examples I've come across, in most cases owned by women. Over the years, you wouldn't beleive what I've found under seats and inside gloveboxes. Some people don't realise that when we do certain types of repairs, we might have to remove the seats or remove the glovebox's. The boots can also give you some surprises at times as well. I keep a set of tongs in my tool box for handling some of the things we find when working on cars.

I think it tends it reflects whether or not the owner cares about the car or not, not what the people are like themselves.

In my example - the Subaru is kept clean and tidy as it is our main car and my wife uses it to cart the kids around.

My Passat is a piece of crap, it gets parked uncovered outside, and I use it to drive to work a couple of times a week, and get to tennis. I have better things to do with my time than to bother cleaning it, unless it becomes unhygienic and dirty - in which case I'll run it through a carwash.

Cheers

Grant

Yeah, depends on the cars value I guess. But considering alot of people on here have very nice cars, its a shame they dont get the cars dont get the treatment they deserve?

My sack is a POS and I still keep it as clean as I can, basically because I like a clean car. Every car I've owned hasnt been Flash except for my Ford, and I kept them all clean. Didnt mean that if you have a dirty car your a dirty fella or lady. Just a pity a lot of nice cars about today are not kept up to the standard they should be kept.

I quote myself:-

"A clean car is a respectable car"

If you went to a car meet or just cruising around, and everyone saw your car was very untidy, covered in crap & the interior was a rubbish dump...I'm sure alot of people would be disgusted in that car.

I see alot of cars around, that are worth mega $'s whether Jap, Euro or English made, and are filthy & I just think "what a waste".

Edited by Shady

Not much at the moment cause as soon as I wash it, it rains. But usually every week or two.

Once a week on the daily, once every two weeks on the Beemer, I see it as maintenance, cleaning is like keeping air in the tyres and checking fluid levels and polishing and waxing is like an oil change every six mouths.

When I get a new car I spend two days cleaning, polishing, painting and waxing everything to form a clean and protected layer and after that its simply basic maintenance, like cleaning down your shower every week, leave it a month and it’s twice the job and requires a lot of effort.

The more regularly you clean the crap off your car the less sticks to it, leave pollen and tar on your car for a few weeks and it contaminates it and makes it hard to get off and will normally require a polish to get it looking good, let dirt mount up and it will swirl the hell out of the paint when you eventually do clean it.

I think nothing of it, just another chore that needs to be done.

Edited by Apex

I waterblast the 2002 after every gravel event, generally I also have to clean the mud up off the drive afterwards with a shovel and a wheelbarrow :rolleyes:

^^ What I have to do every time I leave the house.

When I am bored. Other than my Dad my family does not wash their own cars. So I end up washing them.

You get kind of lazy once you have washed

2xE36's

2xE30's

An E38

An E39

and an Echo.

And the fact that the E38 and E39 are black they are filthy by the next day.

At least weekly for both the 540 and the Legacy. The truck gets a waterblast whenever it sees Mud.

I find that if start letting a car get dirty and stay dirty (particuarly on the inside) then normally that car has lost its x-factor for me and its time to leet it go and get something new.

Inside fortnightly or after any big night.

Outside whenever the back of it gets them annoying greasy black flecks.

At uni it's pretty hard to wash a car.. so maybe once every 2 months or so? Haha.

Where are good wash bays in Hamilton?

At uni it's pretty hard to wash a car.. so maybe once every 2 months or so? Haha.

Where are good wash bays in Hamilton?

Wash World, Te Rapa...

I'm too lazy to wash my car, the back off it looks kinda like a wheelie bin emptied in it.

Why clean the inside when you can just tint the windows?

Edited by Mark247

clean my e34 once a month lol

will be giving it a nice groom on friday after work with some beers. so itl get drity b4 the sunday drive with u guys

Wash World, Te Rapa...

I'm too lazy to wash my car, the back off it looks kinda like a wheelie bin emptied in it.

Why clean the inside when you can just tint the windows?

dude give my mate mark a call at ezy wash his products mean and nz made

dude give my mate mark a call at ezy wash his products mean and nz made

What shizz does he sell?

All i do is wax my car, and I haven't even got around to doing that to the E30 i have now yet..

What shizz does he sell?

All i do is wax my car, and I haven't even got around to doing that to the E30 i have now yet..

www.eze.co.nz/.

bro its mean like 30mls to a bucket and its sparkling

www.eze.co.nz/.

bro its mean like 30mls to a bucket and its sparkling

Oh i think i might of seen this stuff at BMwarehouse.

Oh i think i might of seen this stuff at BMwarehouse.

he sells it every where . trying to beat the market is hard but his products work ( they really do) , try it

he sells it every where . trying to beat the market is hard but his products work ( they really do) , try it

Yea we sell the stuff in our partmaster stores. Im using his windshield wash additive in my E30.

Will give it a go for sure.

Will give it a go for sure.

i got a test bottle at work . pop in its urs