Sign in to follow this  
Silver Fox

BMW races at Pukekohe this weekend

Is this all happening on Sunday? Might come out for a look

Saturday and Sunday

Been there all day having a practice. Track is in good condition. Especially the hairpin. Which has a ton of grip even in the wet. Castrol and the hill is still the slippery spots. Many an E30 did some 720 spins at castrol.

Only one casualty when I left at around 4. Sadly an E30 backed into the wall hard at the top of the hill. But they are rushing to get it together for tomorrow I understand.

See you tomorrow.

Just out of pure interest, what speeds (or Revs-in-certain-gear if you do it that way) are you doing in the E30 series cars into that first right hand sweeper (castrol?) and same for over the hill.

Puke looks like a ballsey track in those bits!!

The big right hander is Jennian, 180 k corner in 5th flat out.

Up over Ford is 4th, around 140 to 150 k's, depending on grip.

Thanks Sir. Jennian looks like a crazy corner at that speed with all those bumps.

Been there all day having a practice. Track is in good condition. Especially the hairpin. Which has a ton of grip even in the wet. Castrol and the hill is still the slippery spots. Many an E30 did some 720 spins at castrol.

Only one casualty when I left at around 4. Sadly an E30 backed into the wall hard at the top of the hill. But they are rushing to get it together for tomorrow I understand.

See you tomorrow.

Come say Hi tomorrow. Don't think we've met and I don't know what ya car looks like. We parked up near dummy grid p1.

Awesome fun today. Looking for more badassness tomorrow. Remember, constant updates at twitter.com/bimmersport

Wll come say hi tomorrow. I am crammed in behind the weigh station next to Paul, Mark and Marty.

Have a few issues to sort out with my car tomorrow. Was really happy with it Friday. Not happy with it today. Getting out there early so I can find the horses that escaped my engine bay.

forgot to upload timing to mylaps.com tonight, my bad

e30's nearly got it wrong coming over the hill in the wet, few close calls :o think it was all caused by Mr Babb spinning out?

Classic trial is first up tomorrow, I can sense the excitement.

nah they got it running but didn;t have time to tune it. Gives me some time to strip weight out of it :)

forgot to upload timing to mylaps.com tonight, my bad

e30's nearly got it wrong coming over the hill in the wet, few close calls :o think it was all caused by Mr Babb spinning out?

Classic trial is first up tomorrow, I can sense the excitement.

Yeah was some close racing in that 2nd group. Marty had to fight for that 1st place thats for sure.

The open class reverse grid was awesome at the start. If there is not enough track to get past. Just use the grass. Haha.

BTW I was still not able to connect to you machine. Something your end is blocking me from the workgroup.

Edited by driftit

Yeah was some close racing in that 2nd group. Marty had to fight for that 1st place thats for sure.

The open class reverse grid was awesome at the start. If there is not enough track to get past. Just use the grass. Haha.

BTW I was still not able to connect to you machine. Something your end is blocking me from the workgroup.

make sure your ip is set to 10.1.1.4 or 5/6/7/8/9, have had problems with different ip's before

workgroup is WORKGROUP

if all else fails come see me in Jennian and i'll try fix it :)

Was a nice day out there today and some very good close racing with very little drama. Thanks for the ticket Andy :D Keep it up guys...was a pleasure to watch

Yeah I had a heap of fun over the weekend. Vert tired now though. And that little bit more deaf than I was on Thursday.

Everyone really stepped it up a notch today in the E30's. The reverse grid was great fun but such a shame they made us waste 3 laps behind the SC. When there was no need for it.

Was surprised to see 7 cars enter into the 1:14's in the last points race.

Time to pull the E30 ignition and fuel system apart to figure out why I loose power after coming through castrol and going around the hairpin. Suspected Fuel Pressure loss. Got worse and worse over the weekend.

Edited by driftit

Yeah I had a heap of fun over the weekend. Vert tired now though. And that little bit more deaf than I was on Thursday.

Everyone really stepped it up a notch today in the E30's. The reverse grid was great fun but such a shame they made us waste 3 laps behind the SC. When there was no need for it.

Was surprised to see 7 cars enter into the 1:14's in the last points race.

Time to pull the E30 ignition and fuel system apart to figure out why I loose power after coming through castrol and going around the hairpin. Suspected Fuel Pressure loss. Got worse and worse over the weekend.

Bugger, didn't see todays racing.

Dan - what/who was the safety car for?

Roll on Manfield :) not to quickly though - need to get the car sorted

I agree with Glenn, for the short time I was there it was great racing and great to watch, can only imagine what it would be like actually racing!

Jolly good show old chaps.

good weekend, sucked all my energy, I was so tired last night!

Not sure what car went off. Was a white one. Not many decals.

Not me this time! Although I admit to driving like a Nana in the reverse grid race to keep the new paintwork intact. I think it was John Blewitt who went off into the gravel trap to cause the safety car and yellow flags ;)

My last race in the slow group was one of the most enjoyable I have had in the series, group of about 5 cars, close to the back of the field but, lots of passing and moves and no-one touched, great stuff :D .

Open Class was awesome to watch some great cars, although I did miss Conrads E30 M3, looking forward to seeing the next one.

Will post up some pics in the showroom section soon, roll on Manfield for more fun :P

good weekend, sucked all my energy, I was so tired last night!

Nice work in the last race Ollie. The one I saw anyway.

Had to gap it home so missed ya after.

Great day! .. have some footage of andys car .. also some pit footage of others including the e92 m3 (before its off before the back straight) and the e46 v8.