Sign in to follow this  
Eddie

My 1971 2002 Build

If your going for the french Rallie look then looks great, its something different for sure. I like.

I love that look!

Edited by bravo
As above.

Smaller ones if you've got them! Like it though :)

Not keen on an HID kit? or at least swap in a later models bulb assy. Those spotties look good, but im just not too sure about them imo.

Someone commented back on the first page when I mentioned that the rear subframe had been installed for the last time.

So to deny Westy the wright to be correct I have lowered only the front of the subframe to install toe adjusters :P

It would probably be easier just to remove it all, but I can't be bothered

Posted Image

Before I started this project someone before me had cut the guards and installed the flares. I removed them to finish repairing the sills .The photo shows how much the wider the track has become. These wheels have a 35mm offset and the original wheels were a 5mm offset

Posted Image

The car got a wheel alignment today. I took the car for a bit off a drive, it keeps dropping a cylinder so I will get some new spark plugs for it tomorrow and take it for another run.

I have been away so no progress has been made on the 2002.

The rear tyres rub of the flares so this morning I cut the flares and inserted some spaces, then I put some strips of fiberglass in to temporarily hold the new shape.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking the Business !

Loving the origional black rego plates !

Looking very tight. Keep up the good work

The flares are getting there

A little more bog and hopefully tomorrow night I should have them ready to prime

Posted Image

I have been using the car over the last few days for work and running around. It even got a trip out of town today. Its driving very well, doesn't wander all over the road like it did with the steering box and can stop more than once. The 4.4 diff is a little low (I think thats right) for the open road, but will be good for hillclimbs and Track days

Edited by rot62

nice work ... would be nice to see some videos if you can arrange it ?

I tried to take a video looking from the outside, but when I got the first left corner I fell out the window. :P

Edited by rot62

Did I miss the post where its all certified or we being a naughty boy :lol:

Not being naughty- Still legal

Reg runs out in June and wof in july :D

Got the E36 rear seats in today. All mounting and installed correctly this time, even with seat belts

Posted Image

I've probably done about 500kms in the car since Thursday. Shot over to Pukehina and then to Tauranga today.

The only problem I have had is the throttle is not returning correctly sometimes. I think I may have to change the diff as the engine really screams at 100km.

Posted Image

Sweet! :) yeah Im finding that with my diff sitting at 3000rpm @ 100kph and im just not use to it .. the 330 sits at around 2000 rpm @ 100.

In other news I took mine to the rev limiter today .. it wheel span 1st, most of the way through 2nd and long chirped 3rd. The clutch I have is AWESOME :D fresh tank of gas made a massive difference up in the higher rpm.