Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

For all you facebook users

Hey guys,

Want to get some of your valuable feedback with regards to this project Matt and I have started.

post-1976-1268042275.jpg

check it out at http://chatflow.net

If you don't like something about the website, application or can't see yourself using the software please make sure to tell us as it would be hugely beneficial to know where we are going wrong.

p.s. see if you boys can guess where the colour theme originated from ;)...

Edited by crazyarab

Download the 64bit version.

Typed the wrong password once and it told me so. Typed the correct one and it just comes up saying please re-enter your password. Doing so does nothing.

Edit. It sorted itself out.

Edited by driftit

As a religious user of both FaceBook and MSN, im more than willing to give it a go for you! Downloading as we speak :)

Edit: looking good boys! works so far!

Edit2: found two flaws allready (dont be alarmed im trying all the settings etc.. like a kid with a new toy :D

1.. it logged me out of FaceBook like the actual thing. And.

2.. the chat windows still come up oin the Facebook page... is that an enevitable thing?

Edited by ethrty320

Good stuff!

I hate FB chat, and adding lots of people to Windows Live or similiar is rediculous if they are already in one place.

Awesome idea, will certainly be testing this out soon!!

I hate FB chat <_<

Will be interesting to see how reliable this is, will it get around the continual chat "connection" errors and double postings?

Download the 64bit version.

Typed the wrong password once and it told me so. Typed the correct one and it just comes up saying please re-enter your password. Doing so does nothing.

Edit. It sorted itself out.

Fixed this bug in the latest build, should be sweet now. I'm assuming you smashed "Enter" once typing your password which used to clear all the fields (silly us).

Edit2: found two flaws allready (dont be alarmed im trying all the settings etc.. like a kid with a new toy :D

1.. it logged me out of FaceBook like the actual thing. And.

2.. the chat windows still come up oin the Facebook page... is that an enevitable thing?

Hmm two unavoidable things unfortunately, perhaps we can have better feedback via the UI to help mitigate this issue.

Basically Facebook is gay and sometimes does not allow multiple sessions (hence why you got logged out). On the other hand, it does allow multiple sessions and you get duplicate pop-ups >.<

Can't find a work around for those unless we get a hand from Facebook but will be looking into it.

Basically, Chatflow is mainly used when you not actually browsing facebook or like a mini portal that quickly sums up what is happening with facebook before you jump on to browse it further. Great feedback, keep it coming :D!

Awesome idea, will certainly be testing this out soon!!

I hate FB chat <_<

Will be interesting to see how reliable this is, will it get around the continual chat "connection" errors and double postings?

Has been running pretty Mint on both our machines and none of the BETA testers have complained as of yet but ultimately we are only going to be as reliable as facebook allows us. Mind you, we can do some clever sh*t that works around most of those issues like not displaying double posts in the UI etc..

Edited by crazyarab

Looks promising, I'll give it a go on my desktop tomorrow!

Looks good, How long till the Linux version??

Not on the cards just yet as we will need more developers before we can seriously consider Mac/Linux versions. Can't see why that would not be an option if things start picking up though.

But yeh, one step at a time for now.

Is there anyway to turn off the notifications that someone has logged one. Gets annoying when people are logging in and out every couple of mins. Or you have a big list of friends.

Is there anyway to turn off the notifications that someone has logged one. Gets annoying when people are logging in and out every couple of mins. Or you have a big list of friends.

Yep, under Settings -> Alerts there are some options :)

An option to change how long the notifications stay for would be good, it seems to be just a tad too long atm.

Noted :)

Ok, one more thing... in it's default window size when it first starts it comes up with a message across the top that reads "You may be logged out of Facebook in you....."

Perhaps this needs to flow onto a second line so that it's readable in the default width? I don't really want to have to make it any wider ;)

I've noticed all the text doesn't look right. Looks to be ghosting some letters?

post-3670-1268087162.jpg

Edited by Jamez

Ok, one more thing... in it's default window size when it first starts it comes up with a message across the top that reads "You may be logged out of Facebook in you....."

Perhaps this needs to flow onto a second line so that it's readable in the default width? I don't really want to have to make it any wider ;)

Noted :)!

As for the text Jamez, unfortunately it's WPF (the new microsoft technology that we are using to build it) trying to be clever and anti-alias sh*t.

They are coming out with a fix in the near future hopefully that will have the option to turn it off so the text becomes sharper (yet a bit more pixely).

the gf and her friends are giving it a go, will post up any feedback they send my way :)

gf says it would be good if you could block people

she also says that you can't use your application if you're in offline mode on Facebook

damn gf's that add people they don't want to talk to lol

this is awesome ... and I hate FB.

would be good to be able to sort whos busy or not .. (guessing thats what the green circles and moons are?)

this is awesome ... and I hate FB.

would be good to be able to sort whos busy or not .. (guessing thats what the green circles and moons are?)

Yep, all in the pipeline hopefully :)

Awsome idea, it had to happen sooner or later.

Whos doing the programming for it ?

is it aspx based ?

Nice I like it. My msn and fb are on different emails - can I run them both on the one chatflow?

install isn't completing for me ... pauses after trying to install dotnet framework?

install isn't completing for me ... pauses after trying to install dotnet framework?

Yeh, an issue we have to address. It's developed in WPF (XAML & C#) so you need .net 3.5 framework on your machine. If you leave it be it will eventually install just there is no feedback telling you it's setting it up (may take a while).

Best plan is to download .net 3.5 from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

We are doing everything we can to fix this as it's really hurting users with non-updated windows XP machines.

Hey Atta,

Would you be able to make links that you send to a friend/receive clickable?

doesn't seem to let me do that :)

and the :P emote isn't there :(

Hey Atta,

Would you be able to make links that you send to a friend/receive clickable?

doesn't seem to let me do that :)

and the :P emote isn't there :(

Noted :)