Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

Project M325i

Random, ran fine in my car when used it. How long you been running it?, took bit of drive in my car to settle in but didnt cut out or anything. Anyone else close to you to try it in their car?

I have been driving it round for the last few days, got the exhaust welded up and now it only cuts out when going slow (mid revs in 2nd or 1st) outta corners and idling, its fine for blatting onto the motorway tho :).

edit-swapped the old chip back in and it idle's allot better. might put the EAT chip back in once i know the car is 100% fine with the old one.

Edited by Jamez

time for an update, have put the EAT chip back in and now have no problems at all.

Taking the e30 to 7000rpm is a bit too much, I notice it starts to run outta poke at about 6200.

Also painted the valve cover with high temp low gloss paint, its at least tripled the power to the wheels.

and after taking this pic of the engine bay I added a radiator shroud to hopefully eliminate the running hot which I experienced last track day.

Might hit the track tomorrow if its not too wet. :unsure:

Posted Image

Finally got the front painted and put the standard wheels back on. Looking forward to putting on the new wheels this weekend. ( 16" RS's :) )

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks good with the weaves anyway

Is it cool to have a cat in you pics now? :lol:

Rolled the guards today, used a proper guard roller and have gained about an inch. I can now fit my wrist between the wheels and the guards, which has made my rs's now look like a crap offset and thin :(

So I will be ordering new lips but not sure how wide to go, I could just fit the 15x8's under without rolling the guards, so now with them rolled maybe I might be able to sneak some 3" lips under the back (would make the wheel 9" wide)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Jamez

Had a test fit today (thanks to VeeDub) of a 2.5" lip and a 3" lip. Not sure which to choose, keeping in mind the test fit was with 15" lips not 16" lips so it will probably look even bigger.

the 3" almost fits under the guard with the 2.5" sitting flush. 2" comes doesn't even come close.

What should I choose?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and for comparison....

Posted Image

3" Posted Image

I reckon 3" with a wee bit of stretch. Nice photos dude! Didn't even see, what sort of camera were you using? Edited by VeeDub

Yeah 3" look cool but im not so sure they will fit under the guards unless I convince them with a hammer.

Camera is a 350d with a 50mm f1.8 lens.

Edited by Jamez

Maaaaan that guard rolling is awesome. Anyone know of a decent place to get this done in chch!?

vote for 2.5". i am not a stretched tyres fanboy though..

Go 3" lip, I've got 2.5 in the back and it could be better IMO

Recently April impulse bought some rough 16x7.5 borbet type A's for me. Was keen to do a project this weekend so I spent an hour cleaning up one.......

Here is a pic of the original condition

Posted Image

before paint stripper

Posted Image

After paint stripper

Posted Image

Spinning it up on the rear and used a chisel against the edge to get rid of the curb rash and then I used sand paper to smooth the surface, this pic is midway at about 800 grit

Posted Image

At 1500 grit

Posted Image

Finished result, took about 1 hour to do one wheel

Posted Image

Test fit with towels holding up the wheels, not too sure I want to rock these over the RS's but its nice to have something different

Posted Image

Wicked !! can i buy them back now ?

RWD Lathe is so ghettolicious, I love it!

Wicked !! can i buy them back now ?

Swap you for the 17" RS's :P

RWD Lathe is so ghettolicious, I love it!

ha, you cant see the paver's which were being used as jack stands.

top tip, idling in 5th gear is the perfect speed doing this type of project.