Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

HB Jon (E30 325i Rag-Top)

Happy Birthday Jon, do a skid.

Have a happy one.

Happy Day Jon, have a good one you moaning pom. :P

Happy Bday old boy. Hope you have a good one!

Happy Birthday!

Happy Bday mate!

Happy Birthday Mr Pom. A fine effort

HB man. Hope you've had a good one

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, makes up for feeling another year older and none the wiser. I did manage to have a good day, even though I had a typical Jon trip out. I decided to make the most of the day and do something exciting, so I opted for a bit of white water rafting through the Manawatu gorge. B) Not a organised trip, that's far to simple, no - just me in the Warehouse blow up boat and Mrs Pom to drop me off at the top and pick me up at the bottom.

Just after setting out I realised 1) that there wasn't much water in the river and 2) the wind was blowing very strongly in the wrong direction, unless I paddled very hard I was being blown UP river??? After about an hour of frantic paddling, much swearing and screaming one of the paddles decided to give up and snap in half, so now I am bobbing about like a ping-pong ball in a toilet bowl - fun!

Eventually managed to get to the side of the river, paddling Indian style, avoiding puncturing the boat on the washed up logs and sharp rock. Started to walk back up stream and spotted a reasonable looking climb back up to the road, so dragged the boat and stuff up the bank and just about made it to the top. Phoned Mrs Pom and she came and picked me up from the layby, just as I was drinking my can of Speights from my survival pack :D

Moral of the story: sometimes there is a force of nature which can't be overcome by brute force and ignorance!! :lol: