Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

F40 Replica

Not a fan of the steering wheel but is a definite win of a car!

Yet to see an F50 in NZ, the Ferrari.

check those rear tyres! i wonder what they are... also wonder what the base car is. My mate said last night a lot of people base ferrari replicas on toyota MR2s, but thats had way too much work to be an MR2

Fully purpose built by the looks of it. Looks nice.

check those rear tyres! i wonder what they are... also wonder what the base car is. My mate said last night a lot of people base ferrari replicas on toyota MR2s, but thats had way too much work to be an MR2

From the ground up.

Does it what!

That looks pretty impressive for that price tag.

Especially considering what you'd pay for a genuine one.

Fully purpose built by the looks of it. Looks nice.

Pretty sure that will be one that Steve Cox(?) has built, I'd have it in a heartbeat.

One of the coolest Ferrari's ever. I'd have an F40 over almost anything.

But I can imagine driving this and just knowing inside its not a real F40. :(

I'd almost prefer this to a real ferrari.. almost. Only because you can actually drive this car without fear of "what if this happens?", because it's no where near as collectable. Obviously

Brendons uncle's car :) Its was based off the real thing and they kept it as true as they could to the OEM model. Everything was measured from the real thing.

I'd almost prefer this to a real ferrari.. almost. Only because you can actually drive this car without fear of "what if this happens?", because it's no where near as collectable. Obviously

I concur!!

Brendons uncle's car :) Its was based off the real thing and they kept it as true as they could to the OEM model. Everything was measured from the real thing.

Josh is there any cool cars in NZ where you don't actually know the owner? Chance of a ride perhaps? hehe ....

Edited by M3_Power

hahaha .. It seems that way :D

I think I just talk to people about cars and motorsport a lot so get to meet some fairly interesting people.

Hehe @ 2500ks it doesnt get driven much.. Brendon hasn't even been in it!

Guest Ari Gold

Should have measured the ultra rare perspex sliding windows for additional masty factor :D

I would in a second, though an S/C'ed Toyota does not = TT Ferrari V8.

Speaking of F40's, saw on sliding past the greenlane mobil on Thursday, I'd say he was in a hurry to get it into a garage, it had just started to rain :D

The F40 is the first car I'd buy with a lotto win, no question. Preferably a '98 LM GTE :D

Edited by Ari Gold

A very impressive replica, as you say it does look very well made, and also looks VERY close to the real thing. Those MR2 & Pontiac Fiero replicas just make me laugh - they look nothing like the actual car and are just an embarassing cheap copy, that doesn't have 1/10th the performance. This would have some go, and by the looks of the engineering some pretty good handling as well.

But, no matter how good it goes, I think you would always find yourself thinking "I wish I had a REAL one.." if you could afford one, I don't think you would worry about crashing it..

Cheaper insurance than the real thing to. Even though it's a replica it's still super badass and would go really well.

I've seen it in person ... very well made replica. and pretty good buying at that price.

so true

Those MR2 & Pontiac Fiero replicas just make me laugh - they look nothing like the actual car and are just an embarassing cheap copy, that doesn't have 1/10th the performance.

They fooled alot of people (incl. die-hard enthusiasts) at the first Top Gear live show. Jalopnik

They fooled alot of people (incl. die-hard enthusiasts) at the first Top Gear live show.

I hope they were of a better quality than this effort...

post-2707-1273452554.jpg

post-2707-1273452578.jpg

Although this one does look pretty convincing I must admit..

post-2707-1273452619.jpg

This, though, was the kind of effort I was originally referring to.. an F50 no less on a Fiero body..

post-2707-1273452686.jpg

I mean come on, how many people are going to think that kind of fitment and quality would come from the factory?? This joker is even trying to sell the car as an F50 replica, come on, please it should be advertised as a Fiero with a poor taste body kit that wont fool anyone!

/OT back to original topic..

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Anybody who was fooled by the fake Ferraris at the top gear show should hand in there car fan cards.

It was incredibly obvious

I can't say I'd spend 100k on a replica, I'd rather spend another 50k and get a Modena if it had to go the yellow label.

I can't say I'd spend 100k on a replica, I'd rather spend another 50k and get a Modena if it had to go the yellow label.

The F40 is considered a classic and has status, a Modena (even though a nice car) is a run of the mill Ferrari that is in no way rare.

Pretty sure that will be one that Steve Cox(?) has built, I'd have it in a heartbeat.

Worked with Steve for about 20 years, watched him build his original F40 replica from the ground up.

Dunno if he made any more? Agree with Palazzo, quality car.

Link to his F40 site: http://www.f40.co.nz