Sign in to follow this  
kerry

project throttle part 2

^^

That looks f**king awesome mate. I can't wait to see some vids of this thing going :)

to disperse heat from the coils but it bloody ugly so will probably just leave it off and have the ruff and tuff look

^^

That looks f**king awesome mate. I can't wait to see some vids of this thing going :)

if i had a good video camera i would , if your in town ill take you for a burn once its going

Are the socks supported on the inside ? You wouldn't want the foam getting sucked into your engine.

Are the socks supported on the inside ? You wouldn't want the foam getting sucked into your engine.

yep sure are they have springs in them to stop that

tough! I can't wait to hear this thing

to disperse heat from the coils but it bloody ugly so will probably just leave it off and have the ruff and tuff look

Do it.

When I had mine off the other day I thought about painting the valve cover black and just rolling like that, looks cool if ya ask me.

eventful weekend , have sorted were everything needs to be and what i dont need (pic2).

have wired injectors, ignitor box, map sensor, oil presure guage, alternator charge light, temp sensor, and starter feed.

post-4759-1278387480.jpg

post-4759-1278387504.jpg

post-4759-1278387530.jpg

Edited by kerry

Coming along nicely, god that second picture scares me. Hate wiring.

Awesome... awww come on... wiring is the easy part.

its becoming more fun the closer i get :wacko:

going to sound such the me109 when finished,,,

here is mine with the plenium on :D

yea that sounds wicked, i beter try and sus a video recorder for the start up etc. might end up cutting the plenum up to fit .

Awesome... awww come on... wiring is the easy part.

+1 for that its only wire and solder ezy as m8

yea that sounds wicked, i beter try and sus a video recorder for the start up etc. might end up cutting the plenum up to fit .

before you do that, what exactly is it fowling on ? It may be simpler to modify the thing its getting stuck in, or atleast the mounting position?

it fowl's on the brake booster which is already the mk1 golf system. i dont want to move it from its factory location but we will see.

Not sure where you are up to on this but try not to sell the trumpets and plenum untill you have a final solution. From what I have been looking at recently on my project they may be handy parts to have arround, particularly curved trumpets.

Im sure a plenum could be designed to fit, maybe turning the trumpets so they face forward not down will buy you some space and possibly flow inprovements.

Not sure where you are up to on this but try not to sell the trumpets and plenum untill you have a final solution. From what I have been looking at recently on my project they may be handy parts to have arround, particularly curved trumpets.

Im sure a plenum could be designed to fit, maybe turning the trumpets so they face forward not down will buy you some space and possibly flow inprovements.

yeah i havent got that far yet but im liking your design so far. im half pie thinking not to have a plenum at this stage and blocking the heat from the engine hense my little box over my radiator. in the end it is going to depend on what results i get on the dyno.

it fowl's on the brake booster which is already the mk1 golf system. i dont want to move it from its factory location but we will see.

Any reason why ? you can do exactly what I did. re routing the brake lines is a small bit of work but you can use the factory lines, also the pedal to swing leaver push rod can be modified as with the bracket .. its worth it.

Further to this, the heater pipes are 1 hours work to modify and the brake set up took a couple of solid days. Let me know and i'll get some relocation plates made up for you.

It will be a bit silly to come all this way and not get the whole thing to fit properly. Dont give up on the plenium so easily ! :)

Don't get me wrong, I get the whole trumpet thing but also if this is going to be road driven, its probably a good idea to have the plenium for the norm. Noise and general heat soke issues will become annouying for you.

yep i know what your saying there josh and the work is no issue for me but at this stage i just want to keep the factory fitment as it is for now, i think if i was going to do any mods to the brakes i would go all the way and get a pedal box like these ;)

http://www.cardwells.co.nz/Our_Brands/Tilt.../MenuId/36.aspx

then the plenum will fit straight on :D

Edited by kerry

nothing bar the rocker cover thats how its always been, seems to work fine.

B) at the tuners now so not far away.

update:-- gggrrrr getting sick of waiting for tune, need to drive it