Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

World Cup

Who will win?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bugger....our boys are out.... they did bloody well though. We should be very proud of their result for NZ

Mark Paston for prime minister!

:P

But seriously, I am bloody impressed. As they said at the end of the match, they have shocked the Football World by doing that well.

soo close

I'm very proud of our team, they did bloody well. Let's just hope we only have to wait 4 years this time, rather than 28.

Mark Paston, inspiring performance, I wonder where he'll be playing next season ....?

and on that topic, which all whites do you guys reckon will get big overseas contracts for next season?

Mark Paston, inspiring performance, I wonder where he'll be playing next season ....?

and on that topic, which all whites do you guys reckon will get big overseas contracts for next season?

I reakon Mark Paston will be heading to the Premiership next year, well it wouldn't suprise me.

As for the rest of the All Whites I dunno which ones but it definetly wouldn't suprise me if they got picked up by teams here in Europe...

Guest Simon*

Paston is nearing the end of his career in reality. If he can't get a good short contract (say a couple of years) I think he'll be just as happy with a renegotiated deal to run out his days at the Phoenix.

He's already played in Europe and sat on the bench pretty much the whole time

imo all whites should have gone hard in the 2nd half and played as offenceivly as possible. they had nothing to loose. i think they played defence for too long and never had the chance to score... but that said they have done well.. maybe another apearance next time.. and i dont think we will be taken for granted so much next time

NZ undefeated in the world cup...

Well done All Whites B)

There will only be 2 un-defeated teams in the World Cup Finals, the All Whites, and whoever wins it! Not a bad list to be on.

Another huge effort and so close to going through, can't even rely on the Italians to grind out a nil-nil to help you through these days. Whole country and the team can be proud of their achievements.

There will only be 2 un-defeated teams in the World Cup Finals, the All Whites, and whoever wins it! Not a bad list to be on.

Not necessarily. The All whites could be the only undefeated team if Spain win :P

Seriously though , well done to the All Whites, lets hope football can kick on in this country now!

^ As it stood at half time, we were third in the table behind Slovakia and Paraguay, so perhaps we should have pushed up. But unfortunately Fallon, Killen and Smeltz (and of course Wood later on) were just not getting it together up front, probably due to our midfielders falling back to defense midfield and always concious of not conceeding. Bertos frustrated me no end; he just doesn't play the right sort of game at this level, although when he is on form he is dangerous, but he was never on form.

Solid effort from Paston, Nelson and Elliott, they held it all together for us right through.

I would say Herbert will have a few offers in the mailbox when he gets home from Asian clubs and lower division Euro clubs.

Just had this emailed to me....

Where did the Vuvzela come from?

post-2618-1277433286.jpg

You'll never blow one again

post-2618-1277433299.jpg

:lol:

Paston is nearing the end of his career in reality. If he can't get a good short contract (say a couple of years) I think he'll be just as happy with a renegotiated deal to run out his days at the Phoenix.

He's already played in Europe and sat on the bench pretty much the whole time

You only have to look at some of the greatest goalkeepers ever (Van der sar, Seaman, Peter Shilton, Schmeichel and Taffarel) all began excelling at around 30-35 and continued for at least 5-15 years...

He did play a couple of years on the bench for Bradford and another div 2 team but his stock will be huge (remember he was originally the All whites no 2 keeper) as he's finally been given a shot and has def made the most of it!

On another note... Awesome to see the poms get smoked this morning!!

Commiserations Jon.

I did watch, you got an old fashion pants down hiding eh?

useless english. sould have just sent the local church choir they would have done a better job... alot cheaper too.

Commiserations Jon.

I did watch, you got an old fashion pants down hiding eh?

Undoubtedly got beaten by a better team, but I think the final score was not a fair representation of the game. Having to chase the game in the second half, even though we had got a valid equaliser not given, played into the Germans hands and our lack of pace at the back was shocking. I think I would still be quicker across the park than John Terry and Gareth Barry.

At least it wasn't penalties again...

Hup Holland Hup!!

England v Germany was probablely the best game so far and the Germans look good and very fit. Although if the ref had given Steven Geard's goal, I think it could have changed the match completely. However, four more years.......

Brilliant game..

Brazil lost their composure and pretty much gave the game away, shame as they played some amazing football.

Was probably too drunk to comment, but seemed like the dutch played a very good game, especially considering the brazilians being up 1-0 after 10 mins.

Yea that was a real good game.

Some amazing football so far. Uruguay only through due to a player making a sneaky goalkeeper save. The Brazilians are an interesting team, and make opportunities from the most rediculous, non-textbook plays.

Can't wait for Paraguay v Spain and Germany v Argentina in a few hours - That should be a game for the finals that one.

4 friggen nil.. Germany is in ///M mode!

I'm picking Germany v Netherlands in the final. Go the Dutchies!

Go the Dutch

Only team brave enough to wear orange

Spose you have to when it's your national color. You should see Orange Day over there.

I think every soccer player in the world is predicting Netherlands v Germany for the final.