Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

The E30 M30 Turbo

So i guess i've kept you guys in the dark for awhile now, and its time i uploaded some pictures of my project.

Earlier this year me and a mate headed down to Nelson on a Sunday morning and ended up back in Auckland at 530am Monday with this:

post-2821-1277810033.jpgpost-2821-1277810028.jpg

Now after a little work heres a few teasers:

post-2821-1277810514.jpg

post-2821-1277810599.jpg

I'm not rushing this one too much, just want it to get done right the first time.

If anyone has any se side skirts id be keen to take them off your hands.

Watch this space for updates....

Edited by André3000

HHHHOOOOLLLLEEEEYYYY thats some intense manifold bending. that will go nuts... any power goal? motor internal mods?

If anyone has any e30 touring side skirts id be keen to take them off your hands.

Watch this space for updates....

what kind of side skirts? have some OEM Tech2 ones for sedan, pretty sure they fit touring as well? coincedentally just about to list them

I wondered were you got to with this.

Still the same or made changes? I see the turbos different?

sh*t woops i meant se side skirts, like the ones off the Norwegian lagoon green e30. Was thinking about Max's touring with them on. The cars a coupe btw, sorry for confusion.

Pretty much identical to before, except its all going into a 2 door now.

Im hoping for at least 400hp atrw on a low boost setup. But will be doing some internal work once shes all up and running and will see how much i can boost reasonably.

Dope.

What suspension / brake set-up you running? can see something in the manifold pic?

Pretty much identical to before, except its all going into a 2 door now

I like this!

Will be watching thread with interest.

Dope.

What suspension / brake set-up you running? can see something in the manifold pic?

Coilover fronts - using the standard 51mm struts modified a bit, king springs, bilstein inserts, adjustable top mounts.

Front brakes are e46 m3 rotors, and 4 pot evo brembos

i know this is a thread dig. but i was keen to see if ya had the front brake set up together an could show us what it looks like?

i know this is a thread dig. but i was keen to see if ya had the front brake set up together an could show us what it looks like?

Sorry just noticed this, having a car weekend this approaching one, so will take a few more pics/show progress if you're still interested.

I'm assuming you want to see the spacing adapters?

Out with the old and in with the new...

Recently purchased a stand alone ECU to replace the headache created by my mapecu2 piggybacker. Unit is the Megasquirt PNP2 designed specifically for motronic 1.1 & 1.3 ecu's (will drive m20's and m30's).

post-2821-1337189913.jpgpost-2821-1337189921.jpgpost-2821-1337189930.jpg

I also tidied up the oem loom (removed the aux mapecu loom and resoldered the original wires into place), to make ready for the new addition. Also will have to jumper the boost circuit inside the unit to the db15 connector so as to connect my GM solenoid. Will add pics of this in due time.

the ecu unit is a nice tidy option.

i wish marty had used something like that in his e28 m30 turbo.

so what other inputs does it have for the turbo and boost control and extra sensors etc

Theres a host of included accessories including inbuilt knock sensor with aux output, ready for table switching, launch control, the list goes on...

Heres the units full specs:

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/megasqu...325i-p-502.html

To Steve Murch,

(can't pm you as you've blocked me, but I would like to clear up a missunderstanding)

I cant recall bagging the mapecu, infact i meant not to, it is a good functional unit. My whole problem has been that no-one (apart from you, who is too busy to help face to face) has been bothered to tune or offer advice on what to do.

Of course you're going to get another story from Richie Rich (Richard at APT). He's a two faced unhelpful selfish c**t, only interested in his own appearance/"reputation". He is the one bagging the mapecu unit not me. You can find my thread regarding apt and the many other members thoughts on Richard and the APT outfit.

I'm sorry if you feel that way as i've found your advice and expertise very helpful, and meant in no way to put you or your product down.

Regards,

Andrew

edit: link to thread - http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....uning&st=15

Edited by André3000

Would you be able to post up some photos of the board? In particular the knock detection part. Didn't realise this was common on pnp megasquirts

Would you be able to post up some photos of the board? In particular the knock detection part. Didn't realise this was common on pnp megasquirts

Posted Image

I think knock detection is pre-installed only on the gen2 mspnp. Only gonna work if there is knock sensors originally, but there is an aux connection ready to go if you want to install aftermarket sensors.

Are you going to give a go tuning this yourself ?

Are you going to give a go tuning this yourself ?

Not initially. Sorting a dyno tune at rx7heaven. But im goin to get a wideband O2 so i can exploit the live tuning option in tunerstudio, which tunes your fuel table and accel enrichment as you drive.