Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

The most arrogant driver?

Going for a cruise with my Grandfather (yeah I know, awesome) in his e90 335i. Waiting in the car outside the shop and this gumpy guy comes waddling around the corner with two big cardboard boxes, puts them on the boot of gramps car and proceeds to open up the boot of his corona. I jump out and shout the obligatory 'are you f**king kidding me!?' etc. Needless to say, boxes do leave scrapes when dragged off of a car.

Another time I park my motorbike next to noddy in his plastic car right outside the red shed's door. Not in the way too much.. Come back out and this guy is lifting his two kids onto the bike and messing with the brakes and clutch and stuff. Well done, I can see you are teaching your kids wonderful manners and that you don't touch other peoples property. Do I need to get a box that says $2 per ride or something?

Those "Mother's" car parks are substantially wider and I read somewhere that although some shopping centres may designate parent's parking or parking for cars with strollers it isn't actually a punishable offence to park there?

Anyone confirm?

Yeah, but if you park in them and you don't actually have small kids, then you are a big f**kwit.

Those "Mother's" car parks are substantially wider and I read somewhere that although some shopping centres may designate parent's parking or parking for cars with strollers it isn't actually a punishable offence to park there?

Anyone confirm?

Of course they cant. It's not the road.

Thay can still have you towed though, so dont be a d*ck.

Going for a cruise with my Grandfather (yeah I know, awesome) in his e90 335i. Waiting in the car outside the shop and this gumpy guy comes waddling around the corner with two big cardboard boxes, puts them on the boot of gramps car and proceeds to open up the boot of his corona. I jump out and shout the obligatory 'are you f**king kidding me!?' etc. Needless to say, boxes do leave scrapes when dragged off of a car.

What a cheek, fark.

I would have driven off with the boxes on the boot still.

She was technically not driving.

Normally when someone is parking and has their door open they are technically driving. Say you were drunk and the cops seen you in the car with the keys in the ignition and door resting on another car you'd techincally be DIC. Also LOL, you don't have to be technically driving to not be a driver. I'm a driver but just not behind the wheel at the moment!

Edited by Clinton

Another time I park my motorbike next to noddy in his plastic car right outside the red shed's door. Not in the way too much.. Come back out and this guy is lifting his two kids onto the bike and messing with the brakes and clutch and stuff. Well done, I can see you are teaching your kids wonderful manners and that you don't touch other peoples property. Do I need to get a box that says $2 per ride or something?

Jesus, two insanely ridiculous stories! The frustration!!

My rant...It fricken pisses me off when its a blatant bang into your door, a women who pulled next too me in the supermarket banged her door into my brand new paint job, i looked at her and she threw her hands in the air like "oh well" :angry: boy was i fuming!! I jumped out cussing and cursing and checked the door, there was so much room but she had to swing her door right open!! it left a mark but no real damage that wouldnt buff out. I still had to go nuts at her arrogance...i said i hope you have insurance as you just damaged my new 5k paint job...which actually cost 3 (but that's not the point) i asked for her name and address (which she refused) so took a photo of her license plate and told her that she's leaving the scene of an accident :lol: i didn't pursue anything but was just being a c@#t at her rudeness.

A simple mouthed "sorry" through the windows would have kept me calm grrrrrr

Never park near

4wd's - especially high end ones in Auckland where they are dubbed Remurewa Tractors.

Minivans - Any kind

Any car that has primer on it.

Anywhere in New Market

Anywhere in Botany/Medowlands

Any Boyracer riced up sack of sh*t due to jealousy dents

Missed the worst offender off the list Dan..

Any car with child seats in it!

Not because the parents don't give a sh*t, but because when you're fighting to get a two year old into the seat the door needs to be pretty wide open!

Wife's car was parked in the local shopping centre car park, on the end of a row and someone managed to drive into the front corner, huge dent in the wing AND front bumper, broken indicator and headlamp and drove off. What they didn't notice the massive bang?? Or just didn't give a damn??

Don't get me started on those stupid parent parks

Why should i suffer because you popped out some horrible children

Atleast make more parks for disabled people not lazy parents

Don't get me started on those stupid parent parks

Why should i suffer because you popped out some horrible children

Atleast make more parks for disabled people not lazy parents

You are an f**king d*ck, and the lazy one.

I am a parent with two young kids and when at a shopping mall with them, having the chance to park near the entrance is great as it it not always easy to manage kids plus shopping etc through the carpark, especially when one is too big for the stroller and has to walk.

You need to remember that 3 year olds and pricks who drive too quickly in carparks are not a good mix. It is not a lazy parent thng, it is a safety thing

how good would you feel if you hit a young kid in a carpark?

I am a parent with two young kids and when at a shopping mall with them, having the chance to park near the entrance is great as it it not always easy to manage kids plus shopping etc through the carpark, especially when one is too big for the stroller and has to walk.

You need to remember that 3 year olds and pricks who drive too quickly in carparks are not a good mix. It is not a lazy parent thng, it is a safety thing

I agree Grant, i could tell a few stories about little f**kers that speed through car parking areas.

Guest Simon*

Missed the worst offender off the list Dan..

Any car with child seats in it!

I have 2 in the back of the 540 ;)

Agree with Grant but whenever possible I don't use them, just treat them as a last resort. When I do I get the filthiest looks from the women anyway :D "It's not for fat bludging single mums only lady!!"

Was outside the video store the other night, heaps of people around. Some jerkoff reversed into and smashed my rear tailight.

They left a note :

"Sorry about the car bro.

Ring 021#######

Maurice"

No cameras around, everyone saw him do it but didn't write down his plates after seeing him write a note and leave it under my wiper.

Was a fake number <_<

Sorry, but I can't agree with the whole "Parent's only" parks. Ok, so yes it's difficult to get kids in and out of a car, but that doesn't mean you should get preferential treatment.

It's not your choice to be disabled, but it is your choice to have kids, so you should put up with the inconveniences that come with having them.

I park in parents only parks, and when people yell at me, I just say... "I am a parent, but the kids are at preschool right now, the shopping gets done much faster that way." :D

Sorry, but I can't agree with the whole "Parent's only" parks. Ok, so yes it's difficult to get kids in and out of a car, but that doesn't mean you should get preferential treatment.

It's not your choice to be disabled, but it is your choice to have kids, so you should put up with the inconveniences that come with having them.

I park in parents only parks, and when people yell at me, I just say... "I am a parent, but the kids are at preschool right now, the shopping gets done much faster that way." :D

You are the answer to the question that this topic is about then.

Your forgetting Mark that having children makes you more important that everyone else and that personal responsibility for your children went out the window in the late 80's.

Also this is not an attack on anyone who uses those parks , I would if i had children in the car.

It more of an attack at the idiot whos idea it was in the first place.

Edited by fuzyfrog

On the left it tells me you are Moderator, yet the above tells me you are NOUN DESCRIBING AN UNFORTUNATELY LARGE PERCENTAGE OF THE POPULATION.

Its not an inconvenience to have children, its about safety and if you seriously believe what youve written above then youre more of a NOUN DESCRIBING AN UNFORTUNATELY LARGE PERCENTAGE OF THE POPULATION than a Moderator.

E: Took the liberty of substituting some colourful and direct language. Smiley injection or less aggressive tone may be required ;)

E: I appreciate the sentiment Simon, but I stand by my comments. Not as colourful as some on the forum, but certainly direct !

E(2): Certainly appreciate the sentiment, and you know I'm also qualified in this area, but I'd be willing to bet that some of what was said was fairly tongue in cheek and more to get a reaction than have a go at anyone. I'm a dad, and I ain't bothered. If I see Mark in my spot though ...... I might have to open a can of wupass :ph34r:

Edited by Simon*

Guest Simon*

Without being quite as harsh as all that Mark ... I sentence you, in the future, to become a PARENT!!!

And then see if you have the time or inclination to be worrying about something as stupid as parking spaces :D

Go easy on each other please people - friendly banter yes, personal insults no.

Calm down lads, it's just a pet peeve...

Also, I'm not an arrogant driver, because I'm not actually doing anything illegal by parking in a parents space. And I would never hit someone's car without leaving a note. So there, I'm not all bad.

And, FYI Martyyn, sorry to burst your bubble, but those parks aren't there for safety. The supermarket / mall doesn't give a stuff about your kids, it's to help them make more money, end of story. The more families they have shopping there the more money through their tills.

^almost true... a dead kid in a supermarket carpark is going to tarnish the supermarkets rep. therefore safe kids = money

all of the above are the very reason i think the human race is f**ked.

im sure this is like a giant side effect of all the drugs that where consumed in the 50s and 60s

everyones drugf**ked. and those who are to young to have been alive then are f**ked because their parents where drugf**ked when they had you, causing you to be a twat.

i think its fair to say this does not apply to everyone, rather the vast majority.

EDIT ohhh i found a word that got missed by the sensoring.

EDIT 2: ohh and to keep everyone happy i will include myself as part of the f**ked human race and possibly a derivetive of the 50s,60s. I am often a wanker. you dont have to tell me twice.

Edited by DRTE30

To those who disagree with the infant/stroller carparks.. would you rather them park next to your car in a normal sized car park and have to swing their doors wide open into the side of your car to be able to get their children in and out of their car seats?

I think they need more parent car parks and special super narrow car parks designated for BMW's only.. since most owners seem to climb out their windows as to not dare touch the car next to them.

If the car parks are small, I tend to park as close as I can to the car on my drivers side so when I get out, I can do so carefully (I usually place my hand on the bump strip if it is real tight) and I like to think it minimizes the chances of my passenger side getting dented when the driver beside gets into their car.

The best case of car park rage I have experienced was in the South City carpark in Chch in my Bedford Van. Pulled in and the car on my passenger side put their door into the side of me.. Comment from the twat "lucky your vans a piece of sh*t".. bad thoughts went through my head.. its my peice of sh*t not yours.. so I walked round and oh oops my peice of sh*t swinging side door lost some more paint on the side of his car.. comment to twat "Lucky my vans a peice of sh*t".. said twat got back in and moved car parks..

**I'm an alcohol baby and proud - dissapointed my mum didn't do drugs**

Edited by melowpuf

There are no parent carparks in Dunedin supermarkets(at the main few anyway)

The ones in Invercargill say "New or Expectant Mothers" not parents with few year old children.

Parents should teach their children to not run infront of f**king cars, that's a real no-brainer there.. The amount of times I've seen stupid kids not watch when crossing the road.

Or simply, don't ever take your car out of the garage, and order all your food on the internet.

Ps, f**k this forum is filled with some angry f**kers. bahahaha.

I think these wider parks are for people with prams etc...so they can get along side their car and not scratch your nice BMW?

Parents with children who are running everywhere shouldn't be using them.

There are no parent carparks in Dunedin supermarkets(at the main few anyway)

The ones in Invercargill say "New or Expectant Mothers" not parents with few year old children.

Parents should teach their children to not run infront of f**king cars, that's a real no-brainer there.. The amount of times I've seen stupid kids not watch when crossing the road.

Or simply, don't ever take your car out of the garage, and order all your food on the internet.

Ps, f**k this forum is filled with some angry f**kers. bahahaha.

You haven't been to New World carparks then?

+ 344 for ordering food, we use Fresh Choice quite often.