Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

The most arrogant driver?

Out for dinner tonight as you do, afterward I thought it would be a good idea to go somewhere and have a coffee with the inlaws. We parked in the Octagon here in Dunners and once we'd finished our coffee, we left and was walking to the car when I noticed this woman with her car door resting on ours! I couldn't FKN believe it, so I walked faster and said OI, Get your F#$***% car door off my car! Walked up checked for damage, none luckily but just the sheer arrogance of this woman wound me up because she knew that it was resting on it. She said, ahhh sorry, these parks are tight. My response to that was I couldn't care less, try parking to your left further and not trying to deliberately damage someone elses property! All said, I'm sure some of you guys have come across a similar incident.

/rant - I'm still shaking my head

Yeah .. know how you feel ... I have a rule, park far away from everything else and no parallel parking behind people with tow bars or tight car park spaces. This has meant 3 years later my paint still look new after the repaint.

Its funny, when you go park by yourself, when you get back to the car others who care about there vehicles park around you.

I came out one time to find a bunch of younger guys sitting on and resting on my e46 .. I blew my temper with them and I nearly got into a fight over it ... I just pop a fuse over it when I really shouldnt have.

My problem is lots of people dont think about the rivets most jeans have in the back of them can cause deep scratches.

that's friken stupid aye. People that do that sort of sh*t really piss me off.

Yep, know what you mean - seen it before. Some people just don't give a rats about vehicles - even their own.

If I caught someone doing this- I would act pretty much as you did

I always park farthest away from the shop in a carpark, quite often I make my wife stay in the car LOL - saves money too, she can't shop if she's in the car LOL. In that instance though, there was heaps of room and no other parks anywhere so I had little choice. She got an earfull, perhaps over the top. I would still have been pissed off even if it was my $4000 dollar Escudo.

EDIT: I bloody hate people resting on cars and if I ever caught someone doing it on mine I'd loose my temper aswell. I guess some people just don't get it. Years ago at a piss up I was at a mate of mine had his car parked where we were drinking, people were leaning against his car and in the morning you could see the damage it had done with the studs from peoples jeans rubbing against the paint. If I'm on the piss in my garage with mates over they get bottled if the lean against my rig. Me mates are pretty on to it though, the realise that my cars are not to be f**ked with haha.

Edited by Clinton

LMAO, i got arrested couple years ago in Napier because of this very thing. Parked on Dalton st across from WINZ, 'bout 3pm walking back from Firecats after picking up my wages, one of our darker brothers was trying to paralell(sp?) park behind my car and i noticed my car move a little. Got to my car andhe was gone and there was a huge scrape from the corner of rear bar right 'round to the back, also a dent in bar further around. Any way long story short, he's in WINZ, i kick his door in and wait, he comes out, we exchange words, he swings, i swing, he's on the ground with broken nose and cheek bone, police come, John goes for little drive. All ended ok tho', i got a little fine thanks to the personel referees i had. HEHE i'll just say that it helps when your in-laws are high up in the AOS and the other is a Det-Sgt. So yes i hate f**kers that have no respect for others cars.

LMAO, i got arrested couple years ago in Napier because of this very thing. Parked on Dalton st across from WINZ, 'bout 3pm walking back from Firecats after picking up my wages, one of our darker brothers was trying to paralell(sp?) park behind my car and i noticed my car move a little. Got to my car andhe was gone and there was a huge scrape from the corner of rear bar right 'round to the back, also a dent in bar further around. Any way long story short, he's in WINZ, i kick his door in and wait, he comes out, we exchange words, he swings, i swing, he's on the ground with broken nose and cheek bone, police come, John goes for little drive. All ended ok tho', i got a little fine thanks to the personel referees i had. HEHE i'll just say that it helps when your in-laws are high up in the AOS and the other is a Det-Sgt. So yes i hate f**kers that have no respect for others cars.

Classic, if someone nudged my X5 I'd eat them - the'd be wishing they never got out of bed that morning.

last nite i parked near viaduct.. it was a space too big for 2 and a very tight squeeze for 3..

luckily for me, the car at the back and middle were close together so i somehow managed to parallel into the front spot. the guy in the middle left after a while, and i noticed someone about to try and park.

( i was at a little bar from which i could see my car, just incase something happens)

the car that left tho.. was a tiny little hatchback, and the new car tryna park was a bloody stationwagon.

i literally jumped up (leaving the gf behind at the bar) and ran to my car, after 6 tries the person miraculously managed to fit the car in (with the help of my moving my car forward an inch) and i returned to my chocolate dessert and a bewildered gf.

(also, i wrote down the number plates of both those cars just incase i spotted anything later on)

yes, im a psychopath but i would go nuts if any1 'bumped' my car

i had a car park behind me on a side st one night. i was in the rear park and he parked on yellows behind me, so close his # plate was touching my bumpe. so i pulled forward checked my car (no damage luckily)

pulled off his plate taking bits of the bumper with the screws with it. bent it up and threw it on his car and drove off... d*ck..

Posted Image

I kept this picture incase I got back to my car and found damage, I did get back to my car, and found the owner packing a huge f**king tanty at me for parking so close to "his" car.

The most arrogant driver?

She was technically not driving.

I vote anyone driving a semi modern BMW..... whilst drinking a takeaway coffee.

But try indicating right whilst holding a coffee in your hand, its difficult, the coffee somehow exploded out of the sip hole and you end up with mocha all over your slacks.

Never park near

4wd's - especially high end ones in Auckland where they are dubbed Remurewa Tractors.

Minivans - Any kind

Any car that has primer on it.

Anywhere in New Market

Anywhere in Botany/Medowlands

Any Boyracer riced up sack of sh*t due to jealousy dents

Even though I generally follow my own suggestions. I still got driven into by some useless slag who now refuses to pay and can't be contacted by small claims. My resolution for this incident may or may not include an object from outside my house that when used with other similar items you can build a wall.

4wd's - especially high end ones in Auckland where they are dubbed Remurewa Tractors.

A soccer mom ran into my concrete letterbox. Pucked her X3 or X5, letterbox won in that case. HUGE dent in her bumper, and when she knocked on my door, she was red faced, coz i'm her son's piano teacher :). Offered to repair my letterbox, but it didnt have a scratch on it :D.

Some driver dont intentionally damage other's property or cars, but most dont have the decency to leave a card or any details.

Edited by dubman

Posted Image

I kept this picture incase I got back to my car and found damage, I did get back to my car, and found the owner packing a huge f**king tanty at me for parking so close to "his" car.

Classic :wacko: I gather you put him in "his" place

Yeah .. know how you feel ... I have a rule

I too have a rule. Park between the two most expensive cars you can find.

People with expensive cars generally give a sh*t about them.

i have 2 huge dents on my rear left door from 2 separate occasions.

1. someone who has obviously come in far too close to park and whacked it with their front.

2. someone who has opened their door very fast and left a big dent in the side of it.

on both occasions they have both driven off, and being on the left side of the car i havnt noticed till i got home.

wankers will be wankers...

Its f**ked up thats cars are getting bigger and parks are getting smaller.

In my wide three door I literally cant get out of my car in certain confined car parks due to the length of its doors, sometimes I have to have my door hard up against the car parked next to me.

Those "Mother's" car parks are substantially wider and I read somewhere that although some shopping centres may designate parent's parking or parking for cars with strollers it isn't actually a punishable offence to park there?

Anyone confirm?

Coming off Meanee ramp onto freeway.Im behind some fat lug doing about 60.Doesnt speed up as we are on merge lane,so,road clear I haul out & start overtaking.

As I do he suddenly speeds up & swerves right.

Me-hit the picks big time.

Him-flicks me the bird & laughs.

The world is just full of arseholes

Antil33-EPIC

How about these two; I was sitting in my car (not my Bimmer thank god)this woman and a couple of teen age girls walked either side of their car, one of the girls leans back against the drivers side front guard of my car they have a bit of a chat I'm just sitting there thinking what a cheek................ then she stubs out her cigarette on the front guard. I wont repeat what I said to them.

The other time I done some shopping and was standing at the check out looking out and admiring my pride and joy when the woman parked next to me rolls up and rests her shopping trundle against my car, the poor check out girl must have thought I had Tourette's syndrome.

Some people go figure

I fear for my car every time I go to the supermarket, always check the cars on either side for prior damage and current parking situation.

Worst situation I have had was at my old house, parked outside due to no off street parking.

Pre-driving inspection found the front guard stoved in, noted however there were no scrape marks whatsoever, so whatever did do the damage hit the guard straight on, pushed it in a good couple of cm.

glancing across the road I notice that the neighbours cars who reverse out of their drive straight onto where my car was parked both had white paint marks on their rear bumpers.

of course, he denied knowing anything about it.