Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Are you going to fit the fuel rail cover, or does it not fit?

no fitie ;)

On the e30 I replaced all front ball joints and tie rods.

While doing so noticed a cracked engine mount :unsure: ... removed it to find one bolt snapped off flush :huh: ... removed said bolt and replaced engine mount. ^_^

The cracked engine mount had let the engine twist far enough it cracked the exhaust connection to the manifold... removed exhaust, welded and installed. ^_^

Replaced spark plugs, new vacuum lines, air intake boot and various other 20 year old parts. Runs alot better now... and all I set out to do was the ball joints. :lol:

On the e28 it started to vibrate rather bad under acceleration. When I got it home I found it was missing the front two diff bolts :rolleyes: of course why not?? But it was the third bolt coming loose that caused the damage, the drive shalf had dropped enough to hit the rear subframe as it bounced along (it passes through the sub frame) and had destroyed the rubber centre donut so it was banging around alot. So I replace the missing bolts, tighten everything up and replaced the drive shaft. And it is better than before, which I beleive would indicate the front bolts have been missing for awhile. :blink:

Well thats all for now. Might be worth checking these areas on your cars. ;)

Your wallet will be glad it was only a couple of bolts and nothing too major :P

Drove the 540 with newly installed 6 spd back from Aucks on friday-cant get the smile of my face.

Even cleaned it as soon as i got home in spite of the sh*t weather.

e30 headgasket has finally arrived for the 2.8 so something to do over the break-cant wait.

Drove the 540 with newly installed 6 spd back from Aucks on friday-cant get the smile of my face.

Even cleaned it as soon as i got home in spite of the sh*t weather.

e30 headgasket has finally arrived for the 2.8 so something to do over the break-cant wait.

sounds like your enjoying German life like i am at the present... bring on the fine weather

looking spec.... cant wait to have a perv

perv all you like bud... hope to take my son up too and watch some good racing...

bolted my seat down properly, fixed horn, got WOF.

bolted my seat down properly, fixed horn, got WOF.

cant complain with that then aye

Found out the silver E30 had pools of water in the driver's footwell, so I took out the carpet. Yay for 2 e30s without carpet at present. Can't figure out where the leak is coming from either as it cannot come from the door seals. Hmm, firewall?

'Elephant trunk' on firewall?

Found out the silver E30 had pools of water in the driver's footwell, so I took out the carpet. Yay for 2 e30s without carpet at present. Can't figure out where the leak is coming from either as it cannot come from the door seals. Hmm, firewall?

Sunroof drains blocked??

Sunroof drains blocked??

Check for rust holes in the back of the battery tray in the engine bay, behind the rubber cover. Edited by Silver Fox

I sold my truck and bought a 540 and a trailer.

pics say a thousand words...u must have heard this one for sure...com'on then

I sold my truck and bought a 540 and a trailer.

Welcome to 5 series ownership. Coolant system first port of call

Replaced the missing foglight and FINALLY got rid of the only chrome bit on my car, grills, and replaced it with black ones. Looks ten times better!

EDIT: while there is no work on at the moment, we are building a new sub box for my car so i can have two 15inch subs :)

Edited by Jedi Mind Tricks

* What'd someone else do to your BMW today?

Some d*ck must've hit into me when I was parked, slight ding on my front left corner of the bumper and the bumper + front kit is hanging right down :angry:

Had some beers and Back to Black'ed my trim. Stoked on the result.