Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Fitted a new pusher fan to the X5. Turns out the engine fan cools the engine and runs off the main belt system, and the electric fan runs to keep the A/C system cool. Was having all sort of problems with random errors, and the fan was dead (should come on after 10 mins of the A/C system running and keep running for 20 seconds when you turn the car off after any sort of reasonable use with the A/C on).

Took 2 hrs mostly because I took all the plastic guards and air ducts off and cleaned them with truck wash (they are now black and look new, rather than grey and look old). Part from ebay as VERY expensive locally. If you just wanted to replace it and not clean everything up (so like a dealer would do), 45 mins would cut it out if you didn't fluff about.

Sourced a bigger rear muffler to put on the 535i, hopefully that + an x pipe section will help to shut up the droney exhaust noises at idle.

Sourced a bigger rear muffler to put on the 535i, hopefully that + an x pipe section will help to shut up the droney exhaust noises at idle.

They tend to sound like that anyway.

They tend to sound like that anyway.

Yeah its annoying, I ended up replacing the stock rusty system my car had with a 'good' 525i system, although it has a smaller center resonator, and rear muffler hence the extra idling noise I'm getting... a shame I couldn't find a good stock 535i exhaust but I think with the spare 540i muffler fitted to the back and the front section condensed down it to a twin - single - twin setup it should quieten things down properly. Oddly, the noise I get at idle can be eliminated by blocking one of the rear muffler pipes with a damp cloth!

-------------

Little update on the V8, finally got around to fitting the M3 radiator top tank. Much tidier than the setup I had before!

Posted Image

Replaced the tail light seals with new ones, the visited pick a part and put a new washer bottle in, replaced the gas strut in the bonnet, replaced some broken clips.

Can I join in ?

Do you have a 2.8 M20?

Can stick a block of wood under the accelerator to limit throttle ? :D

Finally finished the roll cage in the compact! Am quite happy about that long winded process. BooYa!!

got the e21 tinted at car folie after grabbing one of their treatme specials. cheap, fast and looks like it's done really well. top marks.

Posted Image

Scored a complete M42, electrics and everything, including a e36 manual conversion for less than $300.

Pretty good deal

What a score

Pics of your m52 project...?

HX-35. Cant remember what size exhaust housing, think its a 14cm.

Getting my car tinted now as we speak at Car Folie - Very friendly people:D

Edited by Gunner

Haha umm on average its 12-13L/100km. Its so because I included the first time I filled it up when I bought it last year which had no petrol in it so it says I was doing 96L/km.

In the time I've owned the car now which has been just over a year, I've only filled it up maybe 10 times as I don't actually drive that much now so all the driving is stop start and maybe only like 5-10km at a time so fuel usage isn't the best at the moment. - OBC reads roughly 8.6km/L which I reset when I bought it.

Haha umm on average its 12-13L/100km. Its so because I included the first time I filled it up when I bought it last year which had no petrol in it so it says I was doing 96L/km.

In the time I've owned the car now which has been just over a year, I've only filled it up maybe 10 times as I don't actually drive that much now so all the driving is stop start and maybe only like 5-10km at a time so fuel usage isn't the best at the moment. - OBC reads roughly 8.6km/L which I reset when I bought it.

You can edit your first fuel up to make it correct :-)

Fuelly is telling me 10.2L/100kms, and the OBC is reading 10.3 - which I reset at the first fuel up, so it's pretty close!

Spent the arvo after i picked up a new E30 cut and polishing 20 years of crap off the paint. done the bonnet and one door, and so far my gamble on the paint has paid off!

Did some more work cleaning the inside of the racecar with Wax and Grease remover. Tidying up all the sticky residue I never got around to cleaning off after the removal of the sound deadening. Then considering painting the floor, but not sure what colour to use haha.